Symmetry Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Associate Partner / Advisory Board member"

Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Symmetry gives everyone a place to call home. The culture here is bar non. Everyone with the company will go out of their way to help others. Because we are in the people business. Perhaps we are more of a leadership or self development company. That's why working with people at symmetry is always so rewarding.

I started working as as agent in May of 2012 and earned over $100k my first year. When I was in the field I would protect 4-7 families a week. Since then I built a small team of other like minded good people. Now that small team has grown to 19 Agency Owners. And protecting more then a 1,000 families a month. I have not been in the field selling for 3 1/2 years. My income is all passive.

Now Symmetry, allows us to own our own company, so if I become ill, or I want to sell my business, or when I pass away my business goes to my daughter and son. Wow, I get to build a legacy!!!

I work from home. So I work when I want with whom I want and where I want. At this point the Insurance carrier's send us on free once in a lifetime vacations for you and your spouse. I went on 7 of them last year.

Thank you Symmetry Financial Group for making a dream come true.

Cons

To work at Symmetry Financial Group you have to drop your ego. Many people come here thinking they know everything about insurance. That may be true, but you don't know about our predictable system. You have to treat this as a business, because it is. It's your business. You get out of it what you put into it. I you don't Listen, Work, Associate and Change. This is not a good fit for you and we wish you the best of luck.

Feb 8, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Well said and thank you so much for your feedback! We are so grateful to have such great leaders and inspiring stories associated with Symmetry. Anyone out there looking at joining Symmetry, make... More

2. "Key Leader"

Current Employee - Key Leader in Waynesboro, PA
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Waynesboro, PA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The support and culture provided from the owners on down. They treat their leadership like a Gardner. A Gardner can not make a plant grow, but can only provide the proper nutrients & enviroment so that a plant has everything necessary it needs to grow if it wants to. They truly provide the proper resources, training and culture to be successful in this industry.

Cons

It's still hard work. If it was easy everyone would do it and it would pay minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have over the last 9 years and keep your core values the main focus. That means as much as income to me. Thanks for all you do!

3. "Life Changing Opportunity and Final Career for us!!"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My husband and I have been with SFG for almost 2 years and here is what I know
    -A system that works- if you do.
    -Very low investment (little to none) compared to other business models that provide the similar time/money freedom.
    - The majority of our working time is spent helping people with solutions, not prospecting, and not marketing.
    -A transparent, honest and effective lead program.
    -A culture like no other and a simple way to surround yourself successful, like-minded people.
    -Attitude is much more valuable here than experience. Our training program can develop anyone who has a strong work ethic and is willing to grow personally and professionally.
    -We now have an income for life and a business we actually own which can one day be passed down.
    -We have earned all-expenses-paid travel all over the world, just for doing our job
    -Owners we know and respect who have admirable vision and leadership.
    -We were starting over when we started with Symmetry. We got back on our feet within months and are living a lifestyle most dream about. Best part though, is that we get to teach others to do the same now as mentors.

Cons

After hitting some hard times, layoffs and burn-out, we really struggled for a while before finding SFG but knew we had what it took to be successful. We just needed the right platform. For us, the only "con" is that we didn't know about SFG sooner.

Advice to Management

None

4. "Agency Owner"

Current Employee - Agency Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Agency Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Symmetry has a culture that allows an Air Fore Enlisted guy to work and grow a business part time to a full time Agency owner. You can truly get what you want if you are willing to put in the effort and work. Core Value #1 People come first, relationships Matter.

Cons

No downside at Symmetry, Those who don't like to work may not like it here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. So grateful and thankful for the leadership/ownership at Symmetry Financial

"New to the company and all I can say is WOW!"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

When I was offered a position with the company it was "Time to Rally" Conference. I'm so grateful I was offered the opportunity to go at the last minute. All I can say is the numbers are real and the people who take their business serious are profiting big bucks. The atmosphere was very warm and welcoming, and all I could do was thank God for answering my prayers. Their system works and the glow that beamed from the agents faces as they were called upon the stage, made you wish you was up there. The process to get started is easy and is worth your investment. Invest in yourself and you will reap greater rewards. 2 consecutive days of running appointments I made $1908. I'm just getting started so imagine how far you can go if you're willing to listen and follow the process.

Cons

I wish I was introduced to the business a lot sooner.

Advice to Management

I rely on my up-line and team members for everything!

6. "Symmetry has EXCEEDED my EXPECTATIONS!"

Current Contractor - Agency Owner in Nashville, TN
    Current Contractor - Agency Owner in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I started with Symmetry Financial Group 3 years ago, I came from a healthcare background with over 20 years experience in Radiology. My clients were my patients that I helped. I had no sales or insurance experience but desperately needed a career change. I worked 80-90 hrs/wk, made great income but never saw my family! I didn't get to see my newborn daughter for days at a time. What I love most about Symmetry is that I got my life and family back! Coming into a new career can be scary. But the mentors and leaders here are always encouraging and see the greatness within you even when you don't see it yourself. The SFG system is so effective and efficient that a new agent with NO sales or insurance experience can get started and earn a significant 6-figure income and build a team, all while having time freedom. For once in my life I have both TIME & MONEY. That's new to me! Being able to earn a passive income while I'm working or not, is a game changer. I also really like the fact that all of my clients are people who are interested in the products I sell. I feel like my clients came to me...I didn't have to waste all my time trying to find people to talk to. The SFG Leads system works very well! For a new agent, the start-up cost is so minimal while the potential of great profitability is so great.

But what really sets Symmetry apart is the company culture! It is truly unlike anything I have ever seen. The business model is actually set up so that leadership benefits only AFTER they're team has had success. So I benefit the most when my team is doing well. The company's 1st core value is "Relationships matter, people come first". And I can say that after personally meeting the leadership here, that core value couldn't be more accurate. It's very refreshing to be a part of a culture that ALWAYS puts the employees first.

I'm truly thankful to wake up every morning and LOVE my career. Being able to help families and have a limitless earning potential is almost hard to imagine. But somehow, this company has made it happen. It's certainly not always easy, but the system is always simple and duplicatable.

Cons

The only downside to the insurance industry is Chargebacks. This is when a client that you sold a policy to changes their mind and wants a refund. This has NOTHING to do with Symmetry Financial Group, only with insurance companies in general. It's similar to purchasing goods or services from a company and wanting a refund after returning the product. But as long as the new agent understands this concept, when it happens to them (only about 5% of the time) it won't be a surprise financially.

Advice to Management

No advice to management! You've created something remarkable. Thank you for putting people first!

7. "Agency Director"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

This is BY FAR the best company i've ever been associated with. The sales position is ACTUALLY what it was advertised to be.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons.

"Exactly the opportunity I was looking for"

Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping people, having fun, making new friends, traveling, working remotely, building confidence in yourself, personal growth, amazing teamwork, collective leadership, feeling connected, altruism, integrity, family, networking, create your own schedule, unlimited earning potential.

Cons

Personal growth and development is mandatory, grit required, self-discipline, failure is part of the process, it's a numbers game, you work in the field alone, it's scary at first, commission-based salary.

Advice to Management

Love you guys! Thank you for creating this amazing system.

Sep 1, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

That is a great list of pros and a very helpful list of what is required to be successful at Symmetry. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are so thankful to have you with us!

"This Company Is Where You Want To Hang Your Hat"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Monroe, NC
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Monroe, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wow! The opportunities that Symmetry offers are astounding. I have been here for two years as a part time agent. It is my goal to soon be full time with this company. I have never seen such culture in a company like this one has. The support, training and development of it's people is the most important thing here. You will not see people stepping and trampling others here to get ahead. It is simply not tolerated. This is a team that truely works to help one another and in so doing, everyone can be prosperous if they put forth the effort.
    People-clients and agents-really do come first. I have seen it and have hung my hat here to stay.

Cons

Honestly cannot come up with one.
    If you have an aversion to being coached toward success then this would not be your place.

Sep 1, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear you are ready to jump in full time, I know you won't regret it!

"Best opportunity in the US right now!"

Current Employee - Key Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is by far one of the best part time/full time opportunities out there in the US right now. I've read some of the bad reviews here and it's sad to see symmetry with nothing less than 5 stars. If you weren't able to succeed here that's on you, if you aren't able to close and protect families, and stay profitable, that's totally on you. The system works, the training is fantastic, the leads are the best in the industry, and you have no-one to blame but yourself if you don't succeed. Symmetry has been able to give thousands of us the opportunity to make six/seven figures and if you are on the outside looking in I promise the numbers are real, and the people are very real! This is not for everybody.. you are in business for yourself but you are not by yourself. Symmetry and the people in it have changed my life. Thank you Brandon, Brian, and Casey.

Cons

There are no cons. Nothing. If you truly want to succeed over here you can. Besides there being a lead cost, that is the norm for going into business for yourself. But as a previous business owner myself the ROI on what you get out is the highest I've ever seen.

Aug 15, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Great review, thank you for taking the time to share you experience! You made some excellent points and provide a glimpse of what is possible at Symmetry. We are grateful to be in business with you!