Symmetry Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope

Pros
  • Symmetry Financial Group is not a job, it is an opportunity (in 13 reviews)

• Agents can create a schedule with work/life balance that allows them to spend more time with their family (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • When people follow the system, they are happy (in 5 reviews)

• Probably could reduce the weekly conference calls (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Associate Partner / Advisory Board member"

Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Symmetry gives everyone a place to call home. The culture here is bar non. Everyone with the company will go out of their way to help others. Because we are in the people business. Perhaps we are more of a leadership or self development company. That's why working with people at symmetry is always so rewarding.

I started working as as agent in May of 2012 and earned over $100k my first year. When I was in the field I would protect 4-7 families a week. Since then I built a small team of other like minded good people. Now that small team has grown to 19 Agency Owners. And protecting more then a 1,000 families a month. I have not been in the field selling for 3 1/2 years. My income is all passive.

Now Symmetry, allows us to own our own company, so if I become ill, or I want to sell my business, or when I pass away my business goes to my daughter and son. Wow, I get to build a legacy!!!

I work from home. So I work when I want with whom I want and where I want. At this point the Insurance carrier's send us on free once in a lifetime vacations for you and your spouse. I went on 7 of them last year.

Thank you Symmetry Financial Group for making a dream come true.

Cons

To work at Symmetry Financial Group you have to drop your ego. Many people come here thinking they know everything about insurance. That may be true, but you don't know about our predictable system. You have to treat this as a business, because it is. It's your business. You get out of it what you put into it. I you don't Listen, Work, Associate and Change. This is not a good fit for you and we wish you the best of luck.

Symmetry Financial Group Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Well said and thank you so much for your feedback! We are so grateful to have such great leaders and inspiring stories associated with Symmetry. Anyone out there looking at joining Symmetry, make ... More

"Great opportunity for growth!"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Allows for a balance between work and having a life outside of work. SFG has it all - great marketing, no income cap, all the tools you need to succeed.

Cons

None that I can think of unless you lack self motivation.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! SFG has a great system in place. Success is easy if you follow the steps and plug into the system!

"Saved me from a life of quiet desperation"

Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Ames, IA
    Current Employee - Field Underwriter in Ames, IA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Mentoring and support, humble leadership, great system. SFG saved me from leaving the insurance industry. I was struggling and leading a life of quiet desperation until I found SFG I was on a fast track out of the industry. I'm happy and fulfilled. Went out my first week and wrote $7300 on leads that were two years old. I had been writing no business and going broke fast.

Cons

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up guys.

"AS PROMISED!"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All I can say is, I followed the training and let my mentor tell me exactly what to do, and it has been as promised. I went from being brand new in this industry, to part time, to full time, to agency manager doing 80k a month. Not great, but not done yet. The ones who don't work very hard and don't follow the training don't do as well. Not sure why that should be a surprise? I love that anyone (even me) can come into this system, plug in, and grow as fast as they want to grow. So far so good!

Cons

You actually have to work hard to make a lot of money. Go figure!

Advice to Management

If they took my advice they'd be in trouble!

"Symmetry Financial Group truly shares the wealth of opportunity"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong leadership. A system that works. Open market. No ceiling on your income. Winning culture. Balance of time and money. Great trips. After about a year of selling I was able to get out of the field using the system. Before SFG, my family struggled financially. In fact, we were in some trouble. If it was not for SFG, I would not be in the industry. Being in an industry with purpose is important to me, and having a company that I truly believe in is amazing. SFG helps me grow as a business person, and as leader.

Cons

None. None. None. None. None.

"They told me to follow the system and grow...So I did"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for myself in a CO-Dependant company system.
    Having the ability to make my income quickly each week and the flexability to spend time with my family.
    Self improvement is encouraged and supported
    Great leaders
    Business is based on real metrics not just talent so you can work more activity and get the same results as the best salesman.

Cons

no babysitting
    plenty of opportunity to be lazy and fail
    not for everyone

"Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could have not asked for a better company/leadership to work for/with.
    With there help it only took 6months to get a trip to Costa Rica and Hawaii all expences paid...
    Really.. Really.. What else could you ask for ???

Cons

Not one. I am not able to think of one

Advice to Management

Do all the work for me and I will collect the pay check

"High Integrity, Great Values, Great ROI on time & money"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a very simple, duplicatable business model. Anyone with a strong work ethic and a good business mind should have great success with Symmetry Financial Group. It has tremendous rewards for those who really apply themselves. They are firm believers that time and money are the true definition of wealth.
    Coming from a business model in the insurance industry where most of the money was being made by the managers, it is refreshing to see that they truly care about the long term relationships and making sure the new agents have all the tools they need to be profitable from day one.

Cons

It's not easy. It takes hard work and being accountable to their system. You can't do it your own way

Advice to Management

Keep that balance that is making SFG a company committed to sharing the wealth of opportunity.
    Keep up all the SFG trips and outings. Looking forward to Alaska.

"Great people & Positive culture"

Current Employee - Agent in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with SFG for the last year has been a awesome experience! I have enjoyed working with people who genuinely want to see you reach your potential. Following the system helps you attain your goal and guidance from company mentors. Also, the culture with SFG is pure and positive. I have not experienced a culture until now that celebrates with you about your success and lifts you up in moments of adversity. I can't leave out the great trips you can attain with your hard work and dedication. Overall a great company!

Cons

The only con. I have to find time to fit in three free trips this year to Costa Rica, Aruba & Hawaii.

Advice to Management

Keep the innovative thought process coming for our industry. Thank you guys

"Great experience with driven company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company prides itself on a hard work ethic that propels the right person up the ladder quicker than most realize. This comes with hard work, dedication and willingness to change and conform to a strict business plan. If you can make this change, you will be handsomely rewarded financially.

Cons

Symmetry is not your run-of-the-mill company. If you are looking for a job that you can skate through...this is not it. You will work hard, harder than you have previously...but it's more than worth it if you are looking to succeed financially.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to show your company the best ways to achieve in this industry.