Symmetry Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope

Pros
  • Symmetry Financial Group is not a job, it is an opportunity (in 14 reviews)

• The owners at Symmetry financial Group make decision based on what's best for their agents (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • It costs money to make money - whether you sell lemonade or insurance (in 9 reviews)

• When people follow the system, they are happy (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Associate Partner / Advisory Board member"

Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Symmetry gives everyone a place to call home. The culture here is bar non. Everyone with the company will go out of their way to help others. Because we are in the people business. Perhaps we are more of a leadership or self development company. That's why working with people at symmetry is always so rewarding.

I started working as as agent in May of 2012 and earned over $100k my first year. When I was in the field I would protect 4-7 families a week. Since then I built a small team of other like minded good people. Now that small team has grown to 19 Agency Owners. And protecting more then a 1,000 families a month. I have not been in the field selling for 3 1/2 years. My income is all passive.

Now Symmetry, allows us to own our own company, so if I become ill, or I want to sell my business, or when I pass away my business goes to my daughter and son. Wow, I get to build a legacy!!!

I work from home. So I work when I want with whom I want and where I want. At this point the Insurance carrier's send us on free once in a lifetime vacations for you and your spouse. I went on 7 of them last year.

Thank you Symmetry Financial Group for making a dream come true.

Cons

To work at Symmetry Financial Group you have to drop your ego. Many people come here thinking they know everything about insurance. That may be true, but you don't know about our predictable system. You have to treat this as a business, because it is. It's your business. You get out of it what you put into it. I you don't Listen, Work, Associate and Change. This is not a good fit for you and we wish you the best of luck.

Feb 8, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Well said and thank you so much for your feedback! We are so grateful to have such great leaders and inspiring stories associated with Symmetry. Anyone out there looking at joining Symmetry, make ... More

"Disaster"

Former Employee - Field Underwriter in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Field Underwriter in Asheville, NC

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent (expensive) leads that allow the employees with a means of contacting (sometimes) willing clientele.

Cons

They find a way to get as much money out of their employees as they possibly can. Conference is 150, hotel was 190, they charge me 20 dollars for a daily planner that is worth about 3-5 dollars. Leads will cost you 10,000 or more per year, in my experience only the A and 5A leads were worth it. It takes forever to get paid even though they advertise 48 hours or less. They have carriers that have cheaper, more comprehensive products yet only push the 1 or 2 carriers (AA, UHL) that offer them the highest commission (is this really the best way to serve the client?).

I first saw this and read some great reviews before I noticed that most all of the reviews were written on the same day, Feb 7 of last year.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen, so why would I bother.

"Producer"

Former Employee - Producer - Agent in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Producer - Agent in Seattle, WA

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Life/Work balance
    Lots of time with family because you aren't making any money

Cons

Lots of promises but no results.
    Say you can make lots of money but never do!
    Stay away! Check out reviews from other agents…google "Symmetry Financial"
    High cost for leads that are outdated & called on several times from other agents.
    Unorganized management

Advice to Management

Don't be so dishonest

"Sales"

Pros

It's not cleaning toilets at Taco Bell.

Cons

MLM at its worst. Run, don't walk from this company. It is cult-like & the biggest line of bs you will ever encounter. You will work crappy 5 year old leads & you will still have to pay for them. Once you become "good enough" to get fresher leads you will pay out the nose. They will suck you in by telling you it is part-time, but to realy succeed you will have to work 60+ hours per week consistently. Because they push "building" & pressure you to create a downline, the market is over saturated and you will find yourself having to drive 3+ hours away for appointments. The dudes at the top of the pyramid become millionaires while the struggling folks at the bottom can barely keep food on the table.

Advice to Management

Shame, shame on you.

"Run Away Don't Walk"

Pros

There are none with Symmetry Financial

Cons

They are the old fashioned pyramid screen of talking honest working people into joining them, selling them bogus leads that are simply public record of new mortgage loans and not an actual inquiry lead to Symmetry to get quotes.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people who forgo other opportunities and wasting precious time figuring you guys out.

"Absolute Ripoff"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None to speak of if you know anyone in the mortgage insurance industry. There are so many other better companies than them, they are a company that spends more time working on their ads to attract people than paying them.

Cons

They lie about the cost of leads which are marked up before they are sold to agents. Commission rates are way below industry average and are much higher with most other companies. If anyone compared them to other mortgage insurance agencies no one would work for them. They have been trying to get a foothold in CT for years but can't find anyone to make money off of because it's a scheme and ripoff. They are a southern company and are trying to expand and find young immature ignorant people to hire other people, and when you finally discover how bad you've been ripped off .... And they say one of the best companies to work for. Ha! No benefits, no stability, you must sell every day and your manager is getting 60% of everything you make but they are lying when they say it's not true. Don't waste your time or money, . Don't work for them , with every policy you ever sell you are being ripped off .They make you listen to conference calls all week long about people in other states down south a complete waste of time. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. Every month people are quitting because they can't afford the leafs then get paid very little commission. They start you at 55% then 60.% and milk you along. I worked for a company who gave 75% and paid for all leads,! Look at other companies if you want to sell mortgage insurance, you will find them. Good luck and stay away from this company!

Remember this company is in business to make money FROM you.

"Complete and utter waste of time and money"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Detroit, MI

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none. It all sounds great, and they talk about great game.

Cons

They don't bother to tell you that you won't make a dime for the first 3 months, so you have to have some serious savings plus some and least a few hundred a week to purchase leads that are at best 3 years old and just public records. It's an MLM. Run don't walk. Don't wait around and bankrupt yourself like I did. To top it off after I left they wouldn't even refund the payments I made towards the conference I was to attend of theirs in August. Oh another thing, I've never worked for a company where I had to pay to go to a work conference and pay to bring my spouse, overall I gave them over a thousand dollars for wasting my time and to sit on pointless conference calls every day.

Advice to Management

Stop. You are messing with people's lives, if they aren't going to make money for that length of time, tell them. I was told there were tons of great leads..these are nothing but public records that are years old.. $250 a week for that?! You should be ashamed.

"MLM SCAM"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros for this company.

Cons

Promises of constant help but won't give you any help if you're not a STAR producer for their company.

Advice to Management

Help new agents better by providing a better way to get leads so they can be a success.

"Worst IMO to be with"

Former Employee - Hiring Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Hiring Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros in this company. They are all fake. There are no pros. They are looking for people who can't think for themselves and will follow blindly without questioning

Cons

They lie about their lead system. All their leads are sold & resold to their agents. I worked with them for 3 months and my own agents were getting the same leads I hit the previous week. If they sell you a duplicate lead (which happens almost weekly), they refuse to credit you or replace it. The owners could care less about you. They want to hire by the masses and see who the 1% who sticks.
    They start you at 60% contract when other IMOs out there will start you between 80-100%. They only go as high as 110%. I switched to the only IMO that goes as high as 140% and gives you all your renewables.
    They charge you for everything including their conferences.
    Horrible leadership. Stay away. Don't walk .... RUN

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and ears. Instead of telling all your agents that they can't call corporate directly, open the door to hear from your men on the ground

Oct 18, 2016 – Chief Operations Officer

Reading your review reminds me of the importance of transparency and having open, honest dialogue with our agents. It also stresses the importance of having efficient and effective operations to make ... More

"Honest company but with a cult-like culture"

Pros

Symmetry will never ask you to do anything sketchy. They are on the up and up as far as service to their clients. Producers? That's a completely different story.... It's sink or swim and it's some of the lowest commissions.

Cons

Where to start... Sigh... Leads are inexpensive but even their top priced leads are old. They have daily, and I mean daily conference calls where you get to hear the SFG success stories, inflated egos and brain washing tactics. Everything is about "getting to conference" which you have to actually purchase tickets and bring as many people as you can. They tell you that you won't be successful with the company unless you go to conference. They hire anyone that has a pulse because it's all about your down line. Get 100 agents under you, production doesn't matter I guess. Your commission starts at 60%, tops out at 85% for personal production, but with your 10k agents in your down line you can get up to 110%. If the conference calls weren't bad enough, you spend a ton of time on all platforms of social media as well. PLUS constant text messages from the agency manager. Also, they REALLY try for you to get your spouse on board and licensed. Easier to have a couple brain washed vs just one spouse. They wouldn't leave my wife alone! I was ghosted by another company and thank God for it everyday. Like all cults, you don't see it till you're out. Don't drink the koolaid.

Advice to Management

Invest in the talent you have in front of you. Realize that you are a cult (please research the cult culture of companies and judge where you are) and although "massive action" IS a great thing, spend more time training before putting newly licensed agents in the field. If you took less time telling everyone how great SFG is and more time with actual sales training the daily conference calls may not be so bad.

Oct 18, 2016 – Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at SFG. Integrity is an unwavering aspect of our value system and we enjoying hearing when this has been experienced by our agents. We also ... More