Symmetry Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope

Pros
  • Symmetry Financial Group is not a job, it is an opportunity (in 13 reviews)

• Agents can create a schedule with work/life balance that allows them to spend more time with their family (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • When people follow the system, they are happy (in 5 reviews)

• Probably could reduce the weekly conference calls (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Associate Partner / Advisory Board member"

Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Symmetry gives everyone a place to call home. The culture here is bar non. Everyone with the company will go out of their way to help others. Because we are in the people business. Perhaps we are more of a leadership or self development company. That's why working with people at symmetry is always so rewarding.

I started working as as agent in May of 2012 and earned over $100k my first year. When I was in the field I would protect 4-7 families a week. Since then I built a small team of other like minded good people. Now that small team has grown to 19 Agency Owners. And protecting more then a 1,000 families a month. I have not been in the field selling for 3 1/2 years. My income is all passive.

Now Symmetry, allows us to own our own company, so if I become ill, or I want to sell my business, or when I pass away my business goes to my daughter and son. Wow, I get to build a legacy!!!

I work from home. So I work when I want with whom I want and where I want. At this point the Insurance carrier's send us on free once in a lifetime vacations for you and your spouse. I went on 7 of them last year.

Thank you Symmetry Financial Group for making a dream come true.

Cons

To work at Symmetry Financial Group you have to drop your ego. Many people come here thinking they know everything about insurance. That may be true, but you don't know about our predictable system. You have to treat this as a business, because it is. It's your business. You get out of it what you put into it. I you don't Listen, Work, Associate and Change. This is not a good fit for you and we wish you the best of luck.

Feb 8, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Well said and thank you so much for your feedback! We are so grateful to have such great leaders and inspiring stories associated with Symmetry. Anyone out there looking at joining Symmetry, make ... More

2. "Not everything is at it seemed on the first day"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I didn't have to apply with every carrier in order to get appointed with them.

Cons

Too many agents and too few leads. I was told I could ask anyone for help...until I asked to talk to agents in my area. Then I was told that every agent in every state is just the same. That people in every state are just the same. This is not true. I was told the leads were mine but more than 90% of the leads I called had been contacted before. Symmetry run at least 5 simultaneous lead campaigns. Yup 5 so if a home owner returns 5 mailers there are 5 Symmetry agents fighting for the same lead. This didn't work for me!

Advice to Management

Every time I asked for help I was told I was the problem. Way to make a guy feel welcome and supported...actually that is the worst way. If you care then do what caring people do. Otherwise you show that you don't care

3. "SFG is the answer!"

Current Employee - Key Leader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Income driven system, ownership, mentorship, leads, works for those who are not afraid to work (not for those who want hand-holding and can't do for themselves). Owners and leaders have integrity, are giving of their time and knowledge, and lead by example for the most part.

Cons

A bit to learn considering we can write through so many carriers, but I also consider that a blessing (beats selling for one carrier). Working for yourself and/or from your home can be a challenge, but again, this is a blessing and same is why most people join the business (and why those who can't manage typically complain about the process/system/company).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work yall do! SFG rocks! Would love the opportunity to purchase group health insurance so I can quit my other full time job!!

"A Place to Call Home"

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Agency Owner in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make more money in less time, so you can spend more time doing the things that matter most to you, whether that is making more money, pursuing a hobby or passion, or spending more time with your family. Balance

Integrity based company, worried about agents as people, not statistics or numbers or a paycheck. Co-Workers buoy you up, support, instruct, care and help, with no financial gain. In a difficult industry, this system

Cons

Difficult to help people understand that you get out what you put in, Like an Investment. Many entering don't understand that you are an independent agent. Your success or failure is in your hands, and your ability to follow the system, and frankly, for most, it takes time to learn. Some people Want all the proverbial muscles and results, without hitting the gym and eating right.

Advice to Management

Expand!

6. "Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Key Leader in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Key Leader in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work at Symmetry is to experience growth opportunities in every area of life.

Cons

The downside is the inevitability that people will be people. Sometimes, people follow the system and sometimes people don't. When people follow the system, they are happy.

Advice to Management

Please continue sharing your core values with the brokers/leaders to ensure that the up and coming brokers/leaders feel safe to blossom, knowing that those who have come before them are leading them with integrity and respect.

7. "Insurance agent"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

Flexiable hours, good training and lead

Cons

Commission 100%, no benefit and work/life balance

Advice to Management

Give some base salary

8. "BIG WIN!"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

The corporate culture SFG has advertised is accurately reflected daily! Self development is encouraged and the opportunities are endless! My hard work is appreciated and I am more than fairly compensated for my efforts.

Cons

Downside? There's no such thing as a free ride, if you work hard and set goals you will be successful. Everything about SFG is geared for individual and team success.

May 17, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Thank you for the great review, you bring up some excellent points. We are so grateful to have you on board!

9. "Recruitment Manager"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, fun working environment, friendly people, location

Cons

Very limited benefits, no growth potential, false promises on commission structure, unprofessional working environment, lack of good leadership

10. "I applied for a position and they reached out to me within 24 hours."

Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've done my researched and had a few conversations with the head of the company they are nice people. They sound like they know what they're talking about and aren't too hard on the employees.

Cons

It might be a far place for me but they have locations in other cities just in case. I believe more than 20 cities.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your job you guys communicate well. Good company.

May 17, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

Welcome aboard, we are glad to have you with Symmetry!

"Independent Agent"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time

Pros

OMG! The pros of this organization is phenomenal. It's not for everyone however if you are willing to come into a culture where the saying "if it ain't broke....dont fix it"" applies and you are disciplined enough to know...this is the company for you! The owners are geniuses! The blueprint given to all associates at different levels...they have experienced and they give it to you to succeed!! This position is liberating financially and emotionally. I love educating and being of service to my clients. Working in the field 2 days and building your own agency the rest of the week is a no brainer.

Cons

You are required to purchase your leads...they are not free. That could be a financial strain on some just getting started.

Advice to Management

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT! LOL!!
    I am always plugged in on conference calls during the week and you guys are always open to innovation, however don't over think it. It's working for us...continue to keep up with changes in the industry from your level becausewe know you will pass the information on to us!

May 4, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer

OMG! Thank you for the great review! You make some valuable points and don't worry, we actively seek to avoid overthinking. We are grateful to have you as a part of Symmetry.