Symmetry Financial Group Employee Reviews about "hard work"

Updated Sep 3, 2020

4.1
Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Pros
  • "I love working with SFG because they give me everything I need to have a successful business, while also being a full time mom(in 44 reviews)

• "I have been working for Symmetry Financial Group for two years now(in 38 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The system SFG has put together works if you follow the system(in 27 reviews)

• "Hard work getting your own client bas(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "hard work"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Everything I was looking for ++

Sep 3, 2020 - Team Leader in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth, passive income, greatest company culture ever, remote work

Cons

Its HARD work but what isnt? Nothing worth having is ever easy.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best leadership of any company I have ever been with

May 26, 2020 - Regional Agency Director in Franklin, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to come in and learn the business from an entry level position and then be groomed to be your own business owner. I came here 4 years ago with zero experience in insurance but was hungry for something better then I was finding in the corporate world. Was it hard at the beginning learning a new industry? Of course! Had to work very hard and be very coachable and get back up and work harder after getting knocked down. Through hard work I was able to become a sales leader within a few months of starting. Was it worth it? Of course! A little over 4 years later now and I am making over $200k a year and having the best work/life balance at the same time. Had a lot of ups and downs over the 4 years but my mentors and coaches were always there to help coach me through them.

Cons

Not really a con in my mind but this is not the place to plant your flag if you are looking for easier. This is the place to plant your flag if you are looking for better.

6 people found this review helpful

Marketing Specialist

We are delighted that you’re having a positive experience with Symmetry. Thank you for embarking on this journey with us, and for sharing your experience!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very kind people who want you to succeed!

Aug 19, 2020 - Insurance Agent/Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Very upfront when asked questions - Honest about the hard work that must be put in - Flexible hours and can make your own schedule (helpful since I'm a full-time student) - Fully virtual because of COVID. (They actually care about the health of their agents and prospects) - Training is thorough. They don't expect you to immediately go on the phones. - The people! I can't even tell you how welcoming everyone is. I was very nervous, but immediately felt comfortable asking questions, and knew I would get an honest response.

Cons

- Purchasing leads, but there are different levels to fit different budgets, I believe many costing fifty cents.

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

4. 5.0

SFG is truly a phenomenal organization! Agency Owner/Top Producer

Aug 15, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Phenomenal leadership and top notch culture! No one made me or paid me to leave this review. This opportunity has permanently changed the financial landscape for my family’s future! You get out what you put in, so give it your ALL!

Cons

None that the owners are not currently working to improve or eliminate. Let me make something very, very clear for anyone reading these reviews. This is not a JOB, it’s a business opportunity. You get paid what you’re worth based off of your hunger, humility and hard work ethic. If your looking for a salary, dental plan and crappy health insurance only to prayerfully make $15-$20hr then please do us and yourself a favor and look elsewhere. This is a business for anyone but not for everyone. Some people will give their previous employer 40-50 hours a week for years and walk away broke and broken. They then come here and put in half the dials, work half the hours with half the heart and expect a full time pay. Unfortunately these people quit on themselves and their goals in 3-6 weeks.

10 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Great company in a tough industry

Oct 23, 2019 - Insurance Agent in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in the insurance industry for over 10yrs and have worked with several different agencies. I've seen hundreds of people come and go in this industry. there is a high turnover rate in insurance because THIS IS NOT AN EASY INDUSTRY! and it's definitely not for everyone. Heck, I've been close to quitting myself a few times. But I've been doing this long enough to know that there are very few opportunities that can provide you with the same opportunity to earn a higher income, manage your own hours, grow your own business and actually go out and help people. Symmetry is by far the best company I've come across to help agents become successful. there is a system in place, continuous training, and a great culture of support. It takes hard work, dedication and yes money, but for the right person, this can be the opportunity that takes their life to the next level.

Cons

Company presence in San Diego & Southern CA not very big yet, so it may feel a bit lonely & disconnected for agents who don't have local leadership or don't keep in touch with their mentors.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I don't understand why people do not like this company.

Mar 20, 2019 - Key Leader in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with Symmetry for 1 year. This industry in general is not for the faint of heart, buy Symmetry has found a way to help you navigate the challenges and find success. In January 2018, my salaried job paid me about $5,000, I was in a different state every week, I worked 60-70 hours a week, and saw my family on the weekend. January 2019, my income exceeded $20,000, I took 1 trip to Florida to see my parents, and I worked out of my home office the whole month. If you don't want to work hard, don't work in this industry. If you have a dream of spending more time with those you love and experiencing financial freedom, follow the system developed and see for yourself. The core values of this company are amazing. The best part is, you actually see the owners following the values. This company is healthy. It's great to make 6 figures, but it is even better to make 6 figures with people who are interested in your success. The sky is the limit here.

Cons

It's hard work, but they tell you it will not be easy. No benefits, but when you own your own business, that's standard. 2 average sales here will pay for whatever benefits you want. They charge for leads. I spent $250 my first week in the business and made about $3,500. I traded $2,000 for $20,000 in January 2019. I don't even think about it. If you are not willing to invest into your business with Symmetry, that is equal to not putting money in a 401k but still expecting $5,000 a month from it when you retire.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

If you don't work

Oct 23, 2019 - Team Leader in West Palm Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your own schedule, you are paid what you are worth, hard work. Positive environment

Cons

Well, yourself really. You can really beat yourself up becaus one person says no. What needs to happen is that when one person says no, you are closer to a yes.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Great People and Friendly Atmosphere

Sep 27, 2018 - Life Insurance Field Underwriter in Swannanoa, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve always known that a career in insurance is very rewarding. I love my job. The opportunity that sfglife has provided me with is prodigious. Great team, training and support. Lots of choices, if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you know what you’re worth, this is the place to be. I’m paid what I’m worth. $75,000 income, I’ve been working at sfglife for 2 years as a life insurance field underwriter. The commission level is also amazing, I get to enjoy the fruits of my hard work. There’s also a collaborative and friendly culture. I'm not required to go to an office. I am in complete control of my own destiny. I get as many leads as I want in the areas that I want to work!

Cons

If you’re the type that needs to be micromanaged, then this is not for you. The leadership and support is there but you need to be self-active and responsible for your own success.

6 people found this review helpful

Director of Marketing

Great review! As an independent insurance agent, it does take a self-motivated type to be successful in the industry and that's why we provide mentoring, a multitude of tools including...online training, conference calls, meetings and events to give you the best opportunity to succeed at Symmetry!

9. 5.0

Great Career Starter

Jun 6, 2019 - Agent in Asheville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from management. The company's full easy explanations of policies and how to present to clients is outstanding. Limited cold calling, excellent training, flexible hours and areas of expertise

Cons

You need to commit to a good 2-3 years to develop your business and income. Hard work getting your own client bas

7 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Life Insurance Sales Rep

Nov 12, 2018 - Life Insurance Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome schedule flexibility! I've been working here at Symmetry for 4 years now. I made $92,000 last year, hope to beat $100,000 this year. The harder you work, the better off you are. Laziness never got anyone anywhere now did it? I'm extremely happy here and hope to retire with them. Employee benefits are great, and being able to mentor newcomers is even better! Growing as a company seems to increase everyone's profits. Let's keep up the good work crew!

Cons

Your hard work here makes you shine, be ready to work for what you want! But I guess that's not really bad, is it?

4 people found this review helpful