Symmetry Financial Group Employee Reviews about "sfg"

Updated Dec 18, 2020

4.1
Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Pros
  • "I love working with SFG because they give me everything I need to have a successful business, while also being a full time mom(in 44 reviews)

• "I have been working for Symmetry Financial Group for two years now(in 38 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The system SFG has put together works if you follow the system(in 27 reviews)

• "Hard work getting your own client bas(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "sfg"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Time freedom to raise my family!

Dec 18, 2020 - Agency Owner in Tacoma, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working with SFG because they give me everything I need to have a successful business, while also being a full time mom! I am able to structure my business and work around MY family life, not the other way around. I love that I have such incredible mentors and access to so much training within the industry, all completely free of charge.

Cons

The only downside to running your own business, is that you have to learn to be extremely disciplined with your time, but if you can do that, the sky is the limit!!

Be the first to find this review helpful

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Symmetry! Your comments bring to the forefront some of what sets Symmetry apart – the opportunity for agents to achieve a balance in their professional and personal lives. We are honored to share this journey with you.

2. 5.0

Get out of your own way

Sep 1, 2020 - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have a background in corporate and then owning a business while being a single mother of 4 sons. I came here with issues around trust due to the culture I was exposed to in my past careers. The important here is I was able to come in with no experience and the system that is in place made me able to find success. Personal growth and investment of time is the major commitment for a new agent it does not require a huge infusion of funds to be successful here. The 1:1 mentorship program allowed my the opportunity to participate in the internship program and being supported while I sharpen my skills prior to being a licensed agent. Resources provided by the corporate staff, the self development / leadership program has changed my life. The resources that are available to every agent to successful - it is a business model that is duplicatable system. The lead system allows me to spend 80% of my time with clients there is no cold calling. I have had and continue to have support in my journey as an agent in SFG as I transition to building my team with the full support and guidance of my business mentors. The training, calls, zoom meetings is invaluable. This business has allowed me to be intentional with my schedule and finally have a work/ life balance. The support, acceptance, and genuine concern for my success is evident in every level of leadership within this company. Part time and full time agents can both have support and success here.

Cons

Ego is the biggest enemy for new agents. Put it in your back pocket and have humility.

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 8 years

I was looking for a shot and they gave me one

Nov 2, 2020 - Senior Partner in Asheville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was in construction in 2010 looking for a new industry and tripped over the insurance industry. I had no college degree but was used to making $100 k + per year. The first company I found had me cold calling to identify potential clients. I was making good money with them but was spending 70 hours a week to do it. In may of 2011 I made the switch: YR - Income 2011 - $75 k in 30 hours per week mostly building my book of business 2012 - $130 k 40-45 hours per week. Starting to build my Agency 2013 - $230 k 45-50 hours per week. Become an Agency Owner. 2014 - $345 k 40 hours per week. Breakout my first Agency Owner. Traveled to Ireland and Iceland 2015 - $460 k Went Rafting in the Grand Canyon and spent 6 weeks traveling to Hawaii, Spain, Morocco 2016 - $520 k Hit the top contract in the company 2017 - $760 k 2018 - $1.04 mm Two of my recruits from 2012 hit the top contract in the company with one reaching equity partner 2019 - $1.43 mm 20 hours / wk. Team grew 42% yr over yr. 2020 - est $1.65 mm Transitioned from in-person to virtual appointments due to Covid. We will end the year with positive growth and a great setup for 2021 9 years later my income, life and relationships have been reshaped completely and more importantly 100's of others on my team can say the same thing. The Delaney is beyond grateful to be on the Success Journey with SFG and we are just getting started. Who's next?

Cons

You have to learn how to Listen Alot, Work Smart and Hard, Associate Often and Change Quickly

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Amazing Company

Jun 26, 2020 - Team Leader in Waukesha, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

SFG has created the ability for you to grow your insurance agency, uproviding the tools and rescources almost like a franchise without the franchise fees. They provide marketing, leads and so much training. I have been in the insurance business and I have to tell you I have never seen a more amazing company. Everyone is here to see that you are successful. I have been here 2 years, I have made more money here than any other insurance company before and I have grown personally too. Thank you Symmetry!

Cons

Any new buiness oppurtunity takes time to get to know the system and the products. There is many areas that you can recieve training in as a new agent and it can seem overwhelming.

4 people found this review helpful

Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the five-star review!

5. 5.0

Great company with FANTASTIC values

Oct 23, 2019 - Sales Manager in Dayton, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in retail/restaurant management for close to 30 years. Made a VERY good living. However, I was trading a good living for my time. I had no time for my family, friends, kids, wife, or myself. Symmetry Financial Group has allowed me to make a great income and have time as well. I have the ability to provide for my family both monetarily and being present with them when I want to. You have control of your schedule. They stress scheduling family time first. I have never had that option before. The training and mentor ship is there if you take it. It is up to you to do the job. In this job, you are an entrepreneur and business owner. You can be a part-time agent, full-time, or build your own agency. It all depends on what is important to you. You will spend as much time developing yourself as you do on your business. It all ties together. the better person you are, the better your business will be, and the more people you will help.

Cons

This job is NOT for people that are undisciplined and unmotivated. You own your own business and the results you get rely on you and what you put into it. The system SFG has put together works if you follow the system. This can be a simple job with LOADS of opportunity if you are coachable, willing to learn and develop, and willing to put your clients needs before your own.

6 people found this review helpful

Marketing Specialist

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and for choosing Symmetry. We are delighted to hear that Symmetry’s proven system has had such a positive impact on you and your life!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Everything they said has come true.

May 6, 2019 - Independent Agent in Asheville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

As far as building an agency, I dont think there is a better system in the world, as far as profitability. There is higher starting comp, but why are their top leaders in the field...its a profitability issue. SFG has created an unreal system that if you can work it and get thru the learning curve, is super rewarding. The culture is by far the greatest in the industry and it starts with the owners and top leadership being incredibly honest and humble people. I have been here almost 6 years and would not trade the experiences for anything.

Cons

Insurance is hard. Sales are hard. Commission only can be hard(I struggled a bunch in the beginning and for almost 3 months, and still made 130 my first year) If you can follow the system and change where you need to change(I had to, for sure) and get thru the learning curve, I believe there is no better system to build a business, in the industry.

12 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

QUITTERS WILL NEVER WIN HERE

Oct 23, 2019 - Key Leader in Peoria, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

SFG has a system in place to let you be able to be successful. Those who are truly willing to work and be coachable and leave the ego at the door can be successful here. The system we have here works for everyone, but not everyone works the system.

Cons

Quitting on yourself. Coming here with a bad attitude. Blaming the system and SFG instead of looking in the mirror and calling a spade a spade.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Complete Game Changer!

May 8, 2019 - Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working 50% less than my prior job, and making the same income! Didn't think it was possible, especially with no experience in the industry! Flexibility in my schedule, now how the time to spend with my family! Love the proven training system and ongoing support from mentors, follow it and you are guaranteed success! Anyone can do this if you care and you put your mind to it! Winning incentive trips across the world! Feeling like I have a purpose, feeling the reward of getting to know the families I am working with and being able to provide a product in their most critical time of need. Product flexibility, no captivity! Warm leads! NO COLD CALLING! These clients have asked us to contact them! An amazing company culture, walked into my first conference and almost instantly felt like I was walking into a new family. Amazing people to work with, positive, mindset, always encouraging, focusing on just being a better person! Love this company! A COMPLETE GAME CHANGER!

Cons

Only to those who are not self motivated and focused... It's easy to get lazy in this business, especially if you chose to work out of a home office and get easily distracted. It's a big shift coming from an environment where upper management gives you constant direction where with SFG, you are responsible for holding yourself accountable to the action needed to make yourself successful. There isn't a manager double checking to make sure you got the job done so if you're one that needs that, then it will be a struggle, but nothing that you can't overcome if you want it bad enough.

10 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

The Best infrastructured Insurance Group I've worked with

Mar 26, 2019 - Sales Representative in Waco, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

SFG is a great platform for the insurance business. The people, the culture, the system. the Bonus structure. The promotion of Leadership and personal development changed how I view the world. New oppotunities, new doors, new life! And it is the insurance business - the money can be pretty nice for those that work.

Cons

Well, its the insurance business. It ain't easy. Simple, but not easy. Only those with a farmer work ethic, grit, and resilience can make it in the business. Sadly most dont have that, so then from that perspective, its a Con...but if it was easy, we'd all get paid $8 an hour. Immediate sacrifice buys future gratification.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best companies I have been with

Jan 18, 2019 - Agency Owner in Norfolk, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to build a business that leaves a legacy for your family, then you have found the right place. LEADERSHIP SFG's leadership is open, honest, humble, and full of integrity. They admit when they have made mistakes and continue to press forward into the future. They are not two faced or trying to bait and switch anyone. SYSTEM Trust me, if I can be successful here so can you. I came into SFG in March of 2018 and became an Agency Owner in December 2018. Only 10 months. How did I do it? I followed the system, I called my upline regularly, I went to every training that was within a 5 hour radius, I went to each conference (I went to conference before I was even licensed in February 2018), and I worked hard. I put the sweat equity in and continued to do so. You have to be honest with yourself when you start. The system works, but you are going to have a learning curve. It might take more effort than someone else (it did for me), but the results are there. TRAINING Their training is unprecedented. I have been a W2 and received less training. FUTURE SFG is not just looking at the future they are running towards it. Not only do you have uncapped upward mobility, but the company's potential is uncapped. I am just honored to be along for the ride.

Cons

Symmetry Financial Group is not EASY. If you are looking for easy go somewhere else. Good news...I have never heard someone say it was easy. It is simple, but not easy. To many people, that would be a con, but nothing worth having comes easy. Building a business, franchising, or any other opportunity would be A LOT harder than this. If you want a place that stretches you as a person and helps you grow, then this is it. If you are looking for somewhere to punch a time clock then you probably ned to look elsewhere.

13 people found this review helpful