Symmetry Financial Group Employee Reviews about "symmetry financial group"

Updated Nov 3, 2020

4.1
Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Pros
  • "I love working with SFG because they give me everything I need to have a successful business, while also being a full time mom(in 44 reviews)

• "I have been working for Symmetry Financial Group for two years now(in 38 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The system SFG has put together works if you follow the system(in 27 reviews)

• "Hard work getting your own client bas(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "symmetry financial group"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An opportunity of a lifetime!

Nov 3, 2020 - Life Insurance Producer in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

The inclusive company culture at Symmetry Financial Group and Quility is next to none. The training and leadership are the most intuitive and innovative that I have seen and experienced in my 23 year history of mentorship, coaching and advising of subject matter experts. The founders lead by example and provide an inclusive company culture that results in sustainable growth due to the core values that are practiced positively from the top down.

Cons

If you are not open to growing and developing yourself as a person, then this personal development company that specializes in insurance will not be the right fit for you, especially if you do not have the work ethic and positive mindset.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I came here thinking I could sell insurance, I have STAYED here because I found a home!

Sep 22, 2020 - Agency Owner in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Symmetry Financial Group. I have never worked in a more positive environment than this! I am self-driven and have a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial spirit that needs the freedom to work my own business. Symmetry gives me the structure and system I want in a company with the freedom to work it around my life.

Cons

It takes self-discipline and dedication to personal growth. If you can't manage yourself, you will not do well here.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0

The Symmetry Difference

Sep 2, 2020 - Agent in Copperas Cove, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with Symmetry Financial Group has been an amazing experience. And I specifically said “with” not “for” intentionally. Here, your path is your own to determine based on your own goals. Symmetry is simply the vehicle in which you are traveling in that happens to come with a roadmap in the glove box; you choose the destination. Oh, and by the way, everyone here just happens to be like your traveling companions. Companions who help you navigate your route, recommend awesome points of interest to not miss, hazardous terrain to look out for, help you in deciphering where you are on the map, planning out the best route, maybe even providing snacks along the way :0 lol. The culture here truly sets us apart from anyone else. From day one you are welcomed into this family. And it truly is a family with a focus on you and your goals by providing the support and encouragement to achieve them. There is no toxicity or high-pressured sales tactics. It is simply awesome people who share the same goal; trying to help families. It just so happens that by doing the right things and helping our client families we can also provide for our own families while doing so. What you get out of it is totally based off what you put into it. The sky’s the limit for what you can accomplish here if you are willing to put the work in. From our founders to our newest agent, we genuinely live and breathe our core values every day. They are not just pretty words on paper to make the company look and sound good. That is the Symmetry difference.

Cons

Not really a Con, however, it's not for everyone. It requires a lot of determination, self-discipline, persistence and continuous personal growth with a genuine regard for others.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Great company with FANTASTIC values

Oct 23, 2019 - Sales Manager in Dayton, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in retail/restaurant management for close to 30 years. Made a VERY good living. However, I was trading a good living for my time. I had no time for my family, friends, kids, wife, or myself. Symmetry Financial Group has allowed me to make a great income and have time as well. I have the ability to provide for my family both monetarily and being present with them when I want to. You have control of your schedule. They stress scheduling family time first. I have never had that option before. The training and mentor ship is there if you take it. It is up to you to do the job. In this job, you are an entrepreneur and business owner. You can be a part-time agent, full-time, or build your own agency. It all depends on what is important to you. You will spend as much time developing yourself as you do on your business. It all ties together. the better person you are, the better your business will be, and the more people you will help.

Cons

This job is NOT for people that are undisciplined and unmotivated. You own your own business and the results you get rely on you and what you put into it. The system SFG has put together works if you follow the system. This can be a simple job with LOADS of opportunity if you are coachable, willing to learn and develop, and willing to put your clients needs before your own.

Marketing Specialist

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and for choosing Symmetry. We are delighted to hear that Symmetry’s proven system has had such a positive impact on you and your life!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

No better place to be in this ever changing job market

Sep 23, 2020 - Licensed Insurance Sales Agent in Kingfisher, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never found a place that is more positive, encouraging, and positioned for the growth of their company through helping their workforce from top to bottom any better than what is at Symmetry Financial Group. You will find no better people in the world to work with than Brandon Ellison, Casey Watkins, and Brian Pope.

Cons

I can't think of any!!

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Associate Partner / Advisory Board member

Jan 13, 2017 - Associate Partner/Advisory Board Member in Front Royal, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Symmetry gives everyone a place to call home. The culture here is bar non. Everyone with the company will go out of their way to help others. Because we are in the people business. Perhaps we are more of a leadership or self development company. That's why working with people at symmetry is always so rewarding. I started working as as agent in May of 2012 and earned over $100k my first year. When I was in the field I would protect 4-7 families a week. Since then I built a small team of other like minded good people. Now that small team has grown to 19 Agency Owners. And protecting more then a 1,000 families a month. I have not been in the field selling for 3 1/2 years. My income is all passive. Now Symmetry, allows us to own our own company, so if I become ill, or I want to sell my business, or when I pass away my business goes to my daughter and son. Wow, I get to build a legacy!!! I work from home. So I work when I want with whom I want and where I want. At this point the Insurance carrier's send us on free once in a lifetime vacations for you and your spouse. I went on 7 of them last year. Thank you Symmetry Financial Group for making a dream come true.

Cons

To work at Symmetry Financial Group you have to drop your ego. Many people come here thinking they know everything about insurance. That may be true, but you don't know about our predictable system. You have to treat this as a business, because it is. It's your business. You get out of it what you put into it. I you don't Listen, Work, Associate and Change. This is not a good fit for you and we wish you the best of luck.

96 people found this review helpful

Chief Operations Officer

Well said and thank you so much for your feedback! We are so grateful to have such great leaders and inspiring stories associated with Symmetry. Anyone out there looking at joining Symmetry, make sure you read this one twice. Great advice and great representation of what is possible with a this system, a strong belief, and some hard work!

7. 5.0

Best Workplace Hands-Down

Sep 9, 2019 - Insurance Broker in Saint Simons Island, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have had serious problems almost everywhere I worked before. I am a classy, hardworking professional and not a backstabbing, lazy person. I love people too. In short, I am a great employee. Unfortunately, this does not make me a good fit for most jobs. When you are so good that people get jealous, stab you in the back, or sexually harass you, this makes for a stressful job! I never had to worry about anything like that at Symmetry Financial Group. Not only that, but my career satisfaction is at an all time high! I have the independence, challenges, and people interaction that a high energy, hard-working people-person like me craves. The rewards are financial and emotional. You get rewarded financially by how well you help your clients and work with those on your team, and you get rewarded emotionally by directly impacting the families in your community who have few or no other recourse for quality insurance consulting without you. Everyone on my team has the same amazing goals, from the CEO down to the newest recruits, and everyone has a great attitude. If you are tired of being taken advantage of at other "jobs", I highly recommend you look into this company. Where else can you make a fortune your first year in the business and still come home for lunch everyday, or if you need to change your outfit due to a coffee spill?

Cons

No one is perfect, and there are mistakes made, but these mistakes are human and in this environment, every effort is made to correct mistakes in a constructive and helpful manner. We do our very best to help each other and any competitiveness is all in good fun, with genuine good will toward others.

8. 5.0

Tripled Income in 18 Months

Oct 16, 2018 - Agency Owner in Asheville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started working with Symmetry Financial Group 18 months ago and my life has been forever changed. As a 25 year old with no college background or training, I did not know which direction to turn to in building my future. 18 months ago, I had absolutely no experience in the industry and all I had was a license and sweat equity to my name and I was ready to work. I plugged into the steps and system out in front of me and fast forward to now, I am an agency owner that is averaging 80k per month in business with a team that is continuing to grow. With the focus on personal development, I know that I am linking arms with people that are going to call me up and remind me who I am. Looking forward to many many more years with Symmetry and I am grateful and honored to have the chance to make such an impact in the lives of people I touch.

Cons

Equal opportunity, not equal outcome. This works, proven time after time, but if you do not work the system, you better not expect results. Take yourself seriously, and choose to dive in and change your life.

12 people found this review helpful

Director of Marketing

Thank you for the kind review! We're glad the Symmetry system has worked out well for you! We look forward to the impact that you and your team will continue to create for years to come.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company I have ever worked for

May 12, 2019 - Mortgage Underwriter in Swannanoa, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The two years I have been here at Symmetry Financial Group have been, employment-wise, the best two years of my life. Until I came here, I never knew that the Mortgage Insurance world was my calling. Ever since I was hired, multiple people have been praising me for helping them and their families. The money I make here is great, but I really get satisfaction out of helping others and working here has made me come to that conclusion. I'd recommend anyone who has an interest in selling Life Insurance and Mortgage Insurance quickly apply.

Cons

I have never experienced any cons and have never heard anyone talk bad about this company.

10. 5.0

Awesome Employer

Feb 27, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Symmetry Financial Group for two years now. This is a great company. I love that I am out in the field and not stuck in an office all day. Meeting with customers to help them with their needs is the highlight of my workday. Management is wonderful, so much more supportive than my last job. They really take care of their employees here. Probably the best sales training on the planet.

Cons

Days can be long, but, it is what you make of it. The more people you see in a day, the more successful you will be, and so I make a really good income. I do wish that I had more leads though.

11 people found this review helpful