Symmetry Financial Group "symmetry financial group" Reviews | Glassdoor

Symmetry Financial Group Employee Reviews about "symmetry financial group"

Updated Oct 23, 2019

4.1
Symmetry Financial Group Owners Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Casey Watkins, Brandon Ellison, and Brian Pope
Pros
  • "SFG has a system in place to let you be able to be successful(in 41 reviews)

• "Symmetry Financial Group is an amazing company to work for(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • "The system SFG has put together works if you follow the system(in 27 reviews)

• "There are no cons in my opinion(in 20 reviews)

Reviews about "symmetry financial group"

Return to all Reviews

"Great company with FANTASTIC values"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked in retail/restaurant management for close to 30 years. Made a VERY good living. However, I was trading a good living for my time. I had no time for my family, friends, kids, wife, or myself. Symmetry Financial Group has allowed me to make a great income and have time as well. I have the ability to provide for my family both monetarily and being present with them when I want to. You have control of your schedule. They stress scheduling family time first. I have never had that option before. The training and mentor ship is there if you take it. It is up to you to do the job. In this job, you are an entrepreneur and business owner. You can be a part-time agent, full-time, or build your own agency. It all depends on what is important to you. You will spend as much time developing yourself as you do on your business. It all ties together. the better person you are, the better your business will be, and the more people you will help.

Cons

This job is NOT for people that are undisciplined and unmotivated. You own your own business and the results you get rely on you and what you put into it. The system SFG has put together works if you follow the system. This can be a simple job with LOADS of opportunity if you are coachable, willing to learn and develop, and willing to put your clients needs before your own.

Symmetry Financial Group2019-10-23

Symmetry Financial Group Response

December 12, 2019Marketing Specialist

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and for choosing Symmetry. We are delighted to hear that Symmetry’s proven system has had such a positive impact on you and your life!

"Best Workplace Hands-Down"

Current Employee - Insurance Broker in Saint Simons Island, GA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have had serious problems almost everywhere I worked before. I am a classy, hardworking professional and not a backstabbing, lazy person. I love people too. In short, I am a great employee. Unfortunately, this does not make me a good fit for most jobs. When you are so good that people get jealous, stab you in the back, or sexually harass you, this makes for a stressful job! I never had to worry about anything like that at Symmetry Financial Group. Not only that, but my career satisfaction is at an all time high! I have the independence, challenges, and people interaction that a high energy, hard-working people-person like me craves. The rewards are financial and emotional. You get rewarded financially by how well you help your clients and work with those on your team, and you get rewarded emotionally by directly impacting the families in your community who have few or no other recourse for quality insurance consulting without you. Everyone on my team has the same amazing goals, from the CEO down to the newest recruits, and everyone has a great attitude. If you are tired of being taken advantage of at other "jobs", I highly recommend you look into this company. Where else can you make a fortune your first year in the business and still come home for lunch everyday, or if you need to change your outfit due to a coffee spill?

Cons

No one is perfect, and there are mistakes made, but these mistakes are human and in this environment, every effort is made to correct mistakes in a constructive and helpful manner. We do our very best to help each other and any competitiveness is all in good fun, with genuine good will toward others.

Symmetry Financial Group2019-09-09

"Ultimately, It Is The Client Who Pays"

Former Contractor - Agent/Broker in New Haven, CT

I worked at Symmetry Financial Group for more than a year

Pros

Generally supportive group of people, just misdirected, in my opinion.

Cons

The issue with SFG as with any/most IMO's (only saying that to be polite, this is a multi level marketing format) is that they lack a hands on compliance department. Yes , the information and learning materials on the website are extensive, but ultimately it is the client who pays. SFG also makes it a point to push recruiting and agency building as much or more, than, just production. The problem here, of course, is that with out a functioning bricks and mortar compliance department, actual training is a moot point. The lions share of agents have no business discussing familial financial matters with potential clients as they lack significant training. Ultimately, it is the client who pays. Yes, one can make good money at this job. They can also make good money at this job in a large organization with parameters in place that prevent an agent from directing a client in the wrong direction. I personally had my last client while at SFG, a lovely older couple, inquire about "mortgage protection insurance". This couple had existing insurance policies, but were as I found out, in serious trouble. This provided me the incentive to get my series 7 and 66 in order to assist these with their needs. Two of their policies were in terrible financial positions and they had no permanent insurance in place. They also required review of their overall portfolio. SFG (at least the agency owner I worked under) told me "that is not what we do here". I was astonished. Ultimately it is the client who pays. The last topic I would like to explain to readers is that of compensation. Yes, SFG is aggressive with their upfront commissions...but not that much. Most large broker-dealers that handle insurance (with excellent third party out-brokerage services and compliance) have a lower upfront commission but provide incentive for agents to hit performance benchmarks in order to produce bonuses, bringing them them well within the SFG model of compensation. Here, the agents can perform in a safe environment where compliance and the actual industry standards are enforced; and not simply at "acceptable" levels, but at actual levels that help agents and consumers. Ultimately, the client pays. I firmly believe the Federal Govenment should step in and stop band aiding this issue with small considerations such as elder care abuse, and privacy (DNC) "compliance". IMO's and MLM's should NOT be allowed to operate in any insurance or financial services industry. AND...INSURANCE IS NOT FINANCIAL SERVICES. so if you buy insurance from Symmetry Financial Group, the only financial advice, from any truly qualified associate, is....NON EXISTENT. Ultimately it is the client who pays. I recommend that anyone who is interested in the field of finance or insurance, put your hustle on, get the appropriate licensing, and get with an organization that can help you and your clients so that ultimately the client wins. I am an extremely hard working individual who ethically could not remain with SFG. This is not because they set out to intentionally deceive people and take their hard earned money, or that do not adhere to the law in setting up their business. It is simply my opinion that the benchmarks are too low entrants into this industry and ultimately it is the client who pays. Pleased be advised that I am not ranking the industry with my stars. One can certainly make a great income in the financial services or insurance business. I am ranking due to my disapproval, especially considering the experience levels of management, of the development and acceptance of the business model. This model is primarily for ownership/management personal income, secondarily for agent, agency owner, etc. income, and tertiary for client services. That is simply the truth regardless of the mantra you will continue to hear. Look first, get confused by doing and performing your due diligence, then select a place to begin your career. Thank you

Symmetry Financial Group2019-10-17

"The 6 month policy - Know before you sign"

Current Contractor - Producer

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group

Pros

I work with a great team, that really comes together.

Cons

So before you come on board, understand that Symmetry will lock you in for 6 months if you ever decide to leave and go with another IMO. Meaning that if you want to go to another IMO, Symmetry will not release you from your contract with the carriers for 6 months. That means you cannot write any business on those carriers for a full 6 months. They say the following: Symmetry Financial Group Response July 21, 2017 – Chief Operations Officer “We allow any agent to leave and contract with another organization of their choosing at anytime, as I am certain you have already done. The stipulations of a 6 month wait period are part of the contracts you agreed to with the carriers, not with Symmetry.” The entire conversation can be found on Glass Door. Here is the truth: Symmetry does not have anything in their contract about waiting 6 months, that is true. However, Symmetry can wait up to 6 months to release your contract with the carriers. Which they typically wait the full six months. Can they release you right away? YES! It's a simple form they fill out and send to the carrier. So while the answer given from Symmetry above is "true", it is also true that Symmetry historically waits the full six months before releasing you from your contract with the carrier. Want more information on this, go to the site for the Independent Life Insurance Agent Association. Just look for Contract Release and you will find the article.

Symmetry Financial Group2019-09-06

""The best company I've ever worked for!""

Current Employee - Employee in Swannanoa, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Symmetry Financial Group is a great place to work. Everyone I work with is working towards the same goal...to sell policies in the most efficient and painless way for our clients while making sure they are getting the right policy for their family's situation. We all work so well together and help one another when necessary.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons

Symmetry Financial Group2019-06-06

"The best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Swannanoa, NC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The two years I have been here at Symmetry Financial Group have been, employment-wise, the best two years of my life. Until I came here, I never knew that the Mortgage Insurance world was my calling. Ever since I was hired, multiple people have been praising me for helping them and their families. The money I make here is great, but I really get satisfaction out of helping others and working here has made me come to that conclusion. I'd recommend anyone who has an interest in selling Life Insurance and Mortgage Insurance quickly apply.

Cons

I have never experienced any cons and have never heard anyone talk bad about this company.

Symmetry Financial Group2019-05-12

"Awesome Employer"

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working for Symmetry Financial Group for two years now. This is a great company. I love that I am out in the field and not stuck in an office all day. Meeting with customers to help them with their needs is the highlight of my workday. Management is wonderful, so much more supportive than my last job. They really take care of their employees here. Probably the best sales training on the planet.

Cons

Days can be long, but, it is what you make of it. The more people you see in a day, the more successful you will be, and so I make a really good income. I do wish that I had more leads though.

Symmetry Financial Group2019-02-27

"Symmetry is an amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Insurance Salesman in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Symmetry Financial Group is an amazing company to work for. The culture is great and all of my coworkers have treated me like family since I've been working here. There's also so much you can learn about sales and insurance on the job as I meet and help families. Also, I continue to grow and improve my knowledge and skills through the company's training.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints but I would say you have to put in work if you want to be successful here. If you apply yourself with a positive attitude and ready to work every day, then you will do just fine and make good money at Symmetry. But isn't that everywhere?

Symmetry Financial Group2019-02-26

"One of the best companies I have been with"

Current Employee - Agency Owner in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you want to build a business that leaves a legacy for your family, then you have found the right place. LEADERSHIP SFG's leadership is open, honest, humble, and full of integrity. They admit when they have made mistakes and continue to press forward into the future. They are not two faced or trying to bait and switch anyone. SYSTEM Trust me, if I can be successful here so can you. I came into SFG in March of 2018 and became an Agency Owner in December 2018. Only 10 months. How did I do it? I followed the system, I called my upline regularly, I went to every training that was within a 5 hour radius, I went to each conference (I went to conference before I was even licensed in February 2018), and I worked hard. I put the sweat equity in and continued to do so. You have to be honest with yourself when you start. The system works, but you are going to have a learning curve. It might take more effort than someone else (it did for me), but the results are there. TRAINING Their training is unprecedented. I have been a W2 and received less training. FUTURE SFG is not just looking at the future they are running towards it. Not only do you have uncapped upward mobility, but the company's potential is uncapped. I am just honored to be along for the ride.

Cons

Symmetry Financial Group is not EASY. If you are looking for easy go somewhere else. Good news...I have never heard someone say it was easy. It is simple, but not easy. To many people, that would be a con, but nothing worth having comes easy. Building a business, franchising, or any other opportunity would be A LOT harder than this. If you want a place that stretches you as a person and helps you grow, then this is it. If you are looking for somewhere to punch a time clock then you probably ned to look elsewhere.

Symmetry Financial Group2019-01-19

"Love working here"

Current Employee - Life Insurance Sales Person in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Symmetry Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Symmetry Financial Group has provided a great work environment, flexibility and training. Management encourages employee engagement and sharing ideas. The work has been challenging at times, need to be free evenings, but very interesting and rewarding helping people. 2 Years now, good money, maybe the best job that I have ever had.

Cons

I haven't found any. So far so good

Symmetry Financial Group2018-12-12

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 43 reviews