Symphony Health Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Neutral"

Current Employee - Senior Analytics Consultant in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Analytics Consultant in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Symphony Health Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, WFH potential, nice colleagues

Cons

Lack of training and org. structure, not much like a culture

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees

"Great company, just needs more people"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Symphony Health Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great management to foster learning
    - Phoenix office is in a good location

Cons

There is quite a bit of work going around right now, so many people are stressed

Advice to Management

Hire more people so that quality can remain at its high standard without stressing out current workers

"not a good place if you are not in executive position"

Former Employee - Analytics Consultant in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Analytics Consultant in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Symphony Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a pharma data provider and management consulting firm they are spending good time innovating new things in this space. They have more money as compared to other management consulting firms due to the data that they sell.

Cons

- Lack of good structure and organization of work
    - poor compensation, HR and higher management has has no understanding of how to arrive at a final salary figure. Sometime even people with 10 years of experience in company would be earning same as a new hire with 2 years of experience.
    - very poor in keeping talent. They hire people with big college names or jargons in their resume, even if they have negligible experience in same space. Later they end up being frustrated with them
    - most of the people prefer working from homes and their is very low or no mentorship or learning from peers. Come here when you know things and want to just manage junior consultants.
    - 70% of people I met were either frustrated with their jobs, boss or work-life balance. Few folks are coming office quietly on weekends as well. Poor management and staffing is the reason.
    - if you tell them that you love your work life balance and would not be working after office hours, chances are you might have to leave company

Advice to Management

Work Life balance is very important. If you offer better payscales and work life balance people would join you vs. other management consulting companies in this space.
    I remember one of the Directors once telling a junior team member "never say no to what your manager tells. manager always has a plan for you." seriously!!!! do you want to work with intelligent people driven with their curiosity and skills or some dumb headnodders to obey everything Manager says.

"Not what they lead you to believe."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Symphony Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Sometimes you're able to work from home.

Cons

Tight cliques and high school level thinking/actions by upper management. Can't believe this is still happening after all these years. No growth potential at this point, since they'll sell when they have a chance.

Advice to Management

Clean your upper management house. Bring in people who really care about their teams.

"Avoid at all costs"

Current Employee - Consultant in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Symphony Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Free coffee in the break room. Literally nothing else. Nothing at all. Well I guess occasionally there's free food. But that's it.

Cons

-lack of growth opportunities, expect to do the same work everyday for the rest of your tenure
    -inept leadership who are afraid to lead. Also very unprofessional in the way they handle engagements.
    -lack of resources to properly solve business problems which is why their consulting will forever be in the shadows of ZS and IMS
    -not a good place to be. Will suck the life out of your soul

Advice to Management

Look at your senior staff that where the problem lies. Invest in market research resources and in junior staff

6. "I like it"

Current Employee - Principal in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Principal in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I have worked here for over 4 years. Interesting culture as it has people that have been through multiple acquisitions over a few decades and some folks that only know the current Symphony Health (like me). At the end of the day, it is all about perspective and what you enjoy doing. My boss, my team, my org, and what I know is fantastic. We have to be very nimble, wear multiple hats, and just get stuff done. "Change" and "autonomy" can easily be construed as "dysfunctional" and a "lack of training" depending on what you are doing. If you enjoy a small-medium company culture and are not afraid to just start reaching out to people, it will be just what you're looking for. If you enjoy lots of structure, process, and succession planning you may want to shoot for a company a little larger in size.
    After seeing so many negative comments by folks no longer here, I decided to help be a current voice that can share why I continue to work here. I would encourage others to step forward and share what they enjoy at Symphony. Compared to the other roles I've had in my career, this is by far one of the best.

Cons

See pros. Small-medium sized company so a little less training that larger, structured organizations. If you do not enjoy reaching out and jumping in, this may not be the best place for you.

Advice to Management

The exec team has done a great job of turning the corner. Let's get the communication flowing a bit more because it is always nice to hear what is going on across the company.

"Not recommended for career-minded employees"

Former Employee - Customer Operations Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Operations Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Symphony Health Solutions (More than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoyed working with talented co-workers.

Cons

Favoritism is key to longevity.

Advice to Management

Communication is lacking.

8. "Statistician"

Current Employee - Statistician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Statistician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Symphony Health Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good place to work, lot fun.

Cons

The working space is too small.

Advice to Management

Great management and can work from home.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

They used to have talented people.

Cons

Top heavy, no guidance, no leadership, no money to for development.

"No future"

Current Employee - Director in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Symphony Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent pay, some nice coworkers. I have to say more to hit the minimum but I can't think of anything else...

Cons

No collaboration, very uneven workload - I have absolutely nothing to do and others are drowning. Leadership is essentially invisible. No career planning, growth opportunities, raises, reviews...people are leaving in droves at all levels. Phoenix and Horsham do not work well together - might as well be two completely separate entities - it makes no sense that they continue to hire in Horsham for leadership roles when everything is actually happening in AZ. Just a matter of time before the venture capital group bails on them.

Advice to Management

Step up and lead. Come out of your offices, map out and path forward and make it clear how you are getting there.