KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Symplicity Corporation Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2022

Found 77 of over 97 reviews

4.5
Symplicity Corporation CEO & President Matthew Small  (no image)
Matthew Small

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Definitely for the people who love to keep themselves busy(in 10 reviews)
  • "Great benefits, telecommuting is encouraged, and lots of creative flexibility.(in 4 reviews)
  • "flexible work schedule, work from home option, opportunity to learn new stuff.(in 3 reviews)
  • "my team is friendly and willing to teach each other(in 3 reviews)
  • "Funded by a massive private equity investor, who removed the old owner and installed the new leadership team.(in 2 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good Opportunities

May 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth of the company allows for significant opportunities and skill building.

Cons

Constant change can be exhausting, but if you know that going it is fun!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great teams, needs benefits to be updated

Jun 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance, flexible work, meaningful work, great manager leadership, established tech company with startup feel.

Cons

Upper management needs to revamp employer benefits

Continue reading
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

You can learn and grow with the company

May 26, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- my team is friendly and willing to teach each other - I like to work remotely or you work at the office too - we have a beautiful office that you can play ping pong - snack time at kitchen

Cons

The company invested to have offices in another countries so we don't get bonus for many years.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Better be off from Symplicity

Apr 13, 2022 - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing i can say or remember.

Cons

Very low bonus. Very low raise. They don't offer any good benefits. Health insurance too costly.

Symplicity Corporation Response

VP People

Thank you for sharing your experince at Symplicity and we value your feedback! Symplicity offers a competitve benefits package with the most robust medical network available in-region, as well as meaningful pay for performance . So I am sorry to hear that your experince was less than what you would have liked, and we welcome your input at HR@symplicity.com regardng what could have made your experince more engaing and productive. Thank you again, and best wishes

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good culture and opportunity to innovate on meaningful products

Nov 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The most collaborative culture that I've had the opportunity to work with. Diverse products that produce meaningful outcomes for students worldwide. Creative management team. Good work-life balance especially for the industry.

Cons

It is possible that we have too many products to do them all justice.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company ever!

Nov 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love it here.

Cons

I appreciate the ability to work remotely but miss seeing all of my colleagues in the office every day.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture

Nov 17, 2021 - Assistant Controller in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely wonderful environment. There is a welcoming and warm culture top-down. On my first day, I was introduced to a number of people and had difficulty remembering everybody's names. I found myself in the kitchen with the CEO, Matt, although I was unaware of who he was at the time. I told him I forgot his name and he introduced himself as humbly as anybody I've ever met. In my experience, there is typically a palpable power dynamic and arrogance displayed by executives. Matt exhibited none of that as he was genuinely kind and happy to converse with a lower level employee. His kindness is truly representative of the culture throughout the company. Fantastic place to work.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons yet, as I am still relatively new.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

another tech company in DC

Nov 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

being a SaaS working from home was an easy transition through the pandemic

Cons

lack of vision, chasing competitors instead of being their own niche product, overall management and team atmosphere is not genuine

Symplicity Corporation Response

VP People

Thank you for sharing your perspective and I'm sorry hear about your experience of team atmosphere. Symplicity strives to be an authentic and inclusive workplace, welcoming people from around the globe to our various offices. We also take company vision and marketplace competition seriously and have just published a press release about Symplicity’s continued expansion through the new acquisition of Orbis in Canada. I welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experience so Symplicity can continuously evolve (HR@symplicity.com), and thank you again for your feedback.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Good location

Apr 1, 2021 - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, nice location. work from home

Cons

No so generous. Still uses free slack, and no laptop just desktop. Pay is not competitive

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company!

Mar 9, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stable company during uncertain times, solid product/market fit and the leadership really knows Higher Education, generous PTO

Cons

Everyone is very resourceful and spread thin- this is a place where folks work really hard

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews

Symplicity Corporation Reviews FAQs

Symplicity Corporation has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 97 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Symplicity Corporation to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Symplicity Corporation employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Symplicity Corporation. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

89% of Symplicity Corporation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Symplicity Corporation 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Symplicity Corporation to be senior leadership, culture, career development and the cons to be benefits, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Symplicity Corporation Job Seekers