Synapse Marketing Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 19, 2016

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert A. Deraco

1. "It is what you make of it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Synapse Marketing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment full of very highly capable people working at full speed. This is the type of environment where a lot of great work gets done and you are constantly learning and growing.

Cons

Everyone is so good at what they do and passionate about their jobs so if you can't keep pace it can cause some frustration.

Advice to Management

Changes in the last several months have been hugely positive, as reflected in the better environment and growth. I would, however, urge management to watch the clock in meetings as they tend to go long.

2. "Company needs an overhaul"

Pros

Lots of talented people on the team

Cons

Employees are treated like sweat shop workers
    No healthcare benefits or employee incentives offered
    Extremely tight deadlines
    Long hours/OT is expected
    Inappropriate behavior and language from upper management
    Long/too many meetings

Advice to Management

Start trusting your employees and recognize their talent. Stop assuming you know everything.

3. "Employee"

Pros

Got to work with extremely talented people who were really good at what they did. I learned a lot while I was there.

Cons

I would have loved to continue working with the team but could no longer take being ridiculed publicly and treated like I had no value by the owner. He blamed everyone for his own mistakes, made promises to clients he did not keep and made his staff clean up his messes. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Advice to Management

Take anger management classes and learn that your employees are not drones or punching bags. Own up to the fact that you are the biggest problem in your business. don't blame the people working hard under you.

5. "Wolf in sheep's clothing."

Former Employee - Resource Manager in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Resource Manager in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Synapse Marketing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The development staff and the designers are awesome to work with. Very talented individuals with a "do whatever it takes" attitude to get things done.

Cons

Make sure you document everything and save a copy off to a personal non company share. I am sure in your tenure with this company you will need to defend yourself multiple times so be prepared. Upper management changes their minds on a daily basis and are always looking for a scapegoat.

Advice to Management

Upper Management should stay focused on the marketing and bring in business and not micro manage the employees. Upper manager should also not attend any more Gordon Ramsey management sessions. Yelling at employees like children and idol threats don't help the process of projects or promote a positive work environment. You can only buy breakfast so many times.

6. "ok place, will not recommend to a friend"

Former Employee - Web Designer in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Synapse Marketing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there's some nice perks like full health insurance and free breakfast, overall nice people to work with

Cons

Owners are more busy bragging about the company at interviews than giving new employees proper assessment and training. Many employees are working long hours without getting paid overtime, high pressure environment and not a lot of personal consideration. Job titles are misleading since a Web Designer job here not require much design and is more on the advanced developer level. Not giving enough training to new employees.Owners not being personal, hardly speak to new employee after being hired and even given basic respect to be the person to let them go. If you want to feel valuable and have a decent work/life balance I do not recommend working here. A bunch of awards on the wall don't makeup for lacks in management.

Advice to Management

Happier employees will be more affective, pay more attention to people and their skills when interviewing and give proper notice to previous employers. Don't pressure people into taking a job on a short notice and then don't give them enough time, training an notice to fit into your platform and system and pull the rug from under them in a short notice. This is people's life and livelihood you are playing with.

7. "I find this job challenging, rewarding, stressful and FUN!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Pros

The opportunity for growth in your area of expertise is awesome! The team of people that have been assembled here at Synapse is second to none. We support each other wholeheartedly and truly work harmoniously to do Whatever it Takes to make our Clients succeed. This, in turn is recognized and rewarded by the Founder and CEO and the President of the Company.

Cons

There are some growing pains that we all have to deal with at times which means short deadlines and sometimes long hours. The fact that we all are very efficient means that taking time off can be difficult, but the team really pulls together to help make sure everyone gets their personal/vacation time.

8. "One of a kind!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Pros

Synapse really has a unique team-oriented culture and is extremely client-focused, agile and entrepreneurial. It's a fun yet professional place to work. Everyone works together to make the company better each day. Team members are rewarded in too many ways to count. There's a reason we are one of the fastest growing companies in the US: cutting edge talent, awesome team members and client service like none other!

Cons

Growth is challenging for any company. The leaders have really worked hard to put processes in place that help keep things running smoothly. It's definitely a high-performance culture...if you are OK with being mediocre, you will stand out - and not in a good way!

"overall bad working environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Pros

nice perks like dogs in the office, company-paid car detailing, fully paid health insurance for employees (but nothing for spouses or children), and team building events

Cons

Owner is very sales oriented, but not a great manager, which is good for increasing profits (although, growth is very, very uncontrolled), but bad for running a company (very near-sighted and lacking the ability to see the big picture when it comes to the company's business strategy). Strategy and focus changes on a weekly basis, making it impossible to create a long-term strategy or plan, and even more impossible to complete company-related projects.

This lack of a plan and strategy also means that new positions are created randomly, but then are slashed or shifted around when the owner changes his strategy. Not a stable working environment. Employees are yelled at on a regular basis and many of them work 80 hours a week (not uncommon to see someone at work at 3 am).

Advice to Management

Controlled growth isn't a bad thing. Have a strategy and a plan to grow your business, including sales, marketing, and operations rather than just randomly acting based on a short-term thought. Use the plan as a roadmap and tweak it as necessary, but don't change your entire business strategy every week and expect that any project will be completed.

10. "Okay place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panaji (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Panaji (India)

I worked at Synapse Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful office and lovely people

Cons

Bad Management
    Higher level only treated well

Advice to Management

Treat everyone with respect not only higher level people

11. "Outstanding Teamwork and Benefits!"

I have been working at Synapse Marketing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Why do I like working at Synapse? The teamwork is amazing. No one is left to figure anything out on his/her own. We all know what it's like to be in the hot seat with a tight deadline, so we pull together to get the job done right, on time, and in budget for our clients. My fellow Synapsians are a part of my extended family.

If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where everyday is different, then Synapse is the place for you!

The benefits are great - company paid healthcare, company paid personal trainer, etc.

Cons

Can be a stressful work environment. It's hard to go home for the evening and not check email and be engaged, even when on vacation.

If you're looking to glide in at 8 am and leave at 5 pm on the nose, Synapse probably isn't the best fit for you.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your staff and empowering management to make decisions that in turn will empower their teams!