Synapse Product Development Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

5.0
Synapse Product Development President Redwood Stephens
Redwood Stephens

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Synapse is full of wonderful people, and can be a great place to work if you consider the location, work-life balance, and the company community (in 5 reviews)

• Opportunity to learn something new everyday (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle/senior management is not particularly inspiring (in 2 reviews)

• There isn't a clear path for career growth (in 2 reviews)

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Synapse Product Development (More than 3 years)

Pros

Constant supply of new and unique projects. One month you may be designing small electronics and the next you may be designing much larger mechanisms.

Cons

It can be challenging to work with new customers on a regular basis, but it also keeps things new and interesting.

"The clearly stated goal is 'best job ever'"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Synapse Product Development (More than a year)

Pros

This is -the- best job I've ever had, hands down.
    - My colleagues are smarter and more experienced than me and I am always absorbing as much as possible, yet no one ever acts superior or smug. It is a super supportive group that builds each other up.
    - Management is responsive to issues raised, actually listening to and acting on what I have to say.
    - Engineers have a voice in what projects they work on.
    - The variety of projects is wide, leaving great options for what sort of designs to dive into.
    - It's in SF, near CalTrain, AT&T park, walkable to transit, etc.
    - We do fun stuff together as an organized office event at least once a month.
    - I enjoy coming to work.
    - My contributions are valued, and I get feedback.
    - I feel fairly compensated.
    - We work with Fortune 100 companies and startups, making things that are sure bets to come to market as well as pie in the sky hopefuls.

Cons

- No dogs allowed in office.
    - For some engineers, the amount of client interaction might be difficult.

Advice to Management

Try to minimize the changes surrounding the acquisition by Cambridge Consultants!

"Synapse Rocks!"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Synapse Product Development full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In every aspect of company life Synapse tries harder than any other company I have worked for. As consultants they are in a better position to build a culture of free thinking and expression. You definitely have to work hard but like nowhere I have worked before this place really seems to care for all the right reasons. There are fun things to do there, interesting projects, very good, technical, successful people (engineers, project managers and execs)

Cons

It's a consultancy so your customers are many times either not technically savvy and you have to spend a fair amount of time generating status and explaining designs, results and information. Or the customer thinks they are very savvy whether they are or not and try to drive technical outcomes that don't result in the best designs.

Advice to Management

Continue to do the great job your doing. Continue to make the hard choices to keep the business healthy. Thanks for trying so hard. Sometimes the hard part is learning to say no to customers.