Synapse Wireless Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Synapse Wireless Reviews

Updated Nov 19, 2018

3.5
Synapse Wireless CEO  (no image)
  1. "Nice Company Overall"

I have been working at Synapse Wireless full-time

Pros

Good culture, interesting technical challenges to work on, nice people.

Cons

How is this company even able to function? Projects without project management.

Advice to Management

Use creativity more effectively.

Synapse Wireless2018-11-19
  2. "A good experience"

I worked at Synapse Wireless full-time

Pros

Interesting technology and talented engineers. Fun environment and good team building events. It's a good place to gain experience.

Cons

Small company trying to grow and not being equipped to do so. There's a fair bit of nepotism in upper management and several of them are ineffectual. There's been a lot of brain drain in the last year+. Way too many changes in direction and office shuffles.

Synapse Wireless2017-11-02

"Marketing/Shared Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Synapse Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, startup mindset, flexibility to be creative and work at own pace

Cons

lack of leadership, lack of strategic vision, lots of wasteful spending. leadership unable to make a decision and stick to it. Lots of miscommunication and lack of explanation to strategic decisions which causes consistent, negative rippling effects.

Advice to Management

make a decision; establish clarity; remove those who don't understand the culture - they are poisoning the well being of those that are still left standing.

Synapse Wireless2017-05-22
  4. "Direction Undecided"

I worked at Synapse Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to work; Good people; Good environment; A relaxed and laid-back place to work and build experience; Co-workers are great and enjoy working together

Cons

Management is in uncertainty land; Keep reorganizing and eliminating jobs; Restructuring to benefit bottom line

Advice to Management

Bring more focus to what you want to accomplish as a true TEAM and not as individuals. All must be on the same track or repeats of the past will continue.

Synapse Wireless2017-04-30
  5. "Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Synapse Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company and people that want to do the right thing. Positive working environment. Smart development team. Senior leadership communicates regularly with the team members.

Cons

Company going through transitions causing confusion on priorities.

Synapse Wireless2017-02-01

"Engineer"

I worked at Synapse Wireless for less than a year

Pros

Good work environment with highly talented coworkers. Good work ethics and collaborations among coworkers.

Cons

Poor project management and frequent direction changes. Management do not seem to care to learn from the past mistakes and unwise decisions.

Synapse Wireless2016-11-11
  7. "Happy to be here now."

I have been working at Synapse Wireless full-time

Pros

Reasonable culture. Good core values. The coworkers are wonderful and helpful. The work here is generally good. The IT department is very responsive. I think the things the company does are neat. There are coffee grinders available.

Cons

The upper management changes direction too often. Measures are still being put in place for the results of management actions, and the changes in direction may not be metric based. The company is spread too thin. The computers are not the best, for non-Mac users. The free coffee is bad.

Advice to Management

I don't want to see any more pivots in the next 5 years without measuring the results of previous ones.

Synapse Wireless2016-10-11

"A fun place to work"

in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Synapse Wireless

Pros

Great environment (you have your own office) Highly energized/motivated workforce Challenging Work

Cons

Still suffering some start-up like focus and direction issues. Lots of directional pivots trying to find their niche.

Advice to Management

Be more open about things in general. Don't use the word transparent when you are NOT transparent.

Synapse Wireless2016-09-24
  9. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer/Systems Engineer in Athens, AL

I worked at Synapse Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Synapse wireless was a great opportunity in the previous years. Synapse was a start up company with a great vision for the future. Overall their vision and technology was great, They are owned by great investor.

Cons

Synapse wireless had great potential to become a successful business. While I was employed by Synapse wireless there were three CEO's and many management changed, Layoffs were rampant and unpredictable even though the work force was assured our investors were understanding and agreed upon our vision.

Synapse Wireless2016-09-25
  10. "Some Great People with Room to Grow"

Software Development Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Synapse Wireless

Pros

* Lots of freedom to pursue pet projects * Innovative & creative culture * Management and Technical career tracks available * Excellent engineering staff

Cons

* Inconsistent long-term strategy * Revolving management personnel / decisions * Recent rapid growth, lots of new people

Advice to Management

Stay focused, keep swimming

Synapse Wireless2016-07-22