Synaptic Advisory Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Synaptic Advisory Partners Founder & CEO Tom Boosinger
Tom Boosinger

1. "Great place to work ! ! !"

Current Employee - Graphic/Web Designer in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Graphic/Web Designer in Stuart, FL

Pros

Synaptic AP is an awesome place to work, great team, good challenges, great atmosphere, everyone helps and the life@SynapticAP is awesome, so happy to be here...

Cons

Honestly, can't find one, and that's what i like the most

Advice to Management

Keep doing #WhateverItTakes

2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very involved in your personal success and wants to see you achieve your goals. They are flexible and constantly provide you with interesting and challenging tasks! Everyone here is incredibly intelligent, ambitious, hard working and kind - truly the best of the best.

The interviewing experience was thorough and had a lot of steps, including speaking with current employees, but it is all in an effort to foster and promote a positive work environment where everyone gets along!

Cons

The company is growing rapidly so we are all experiencing growing pains, but that is not a bad problem to have and I think everyone is adapting really well!

Advice to Management

None! Keep it up. The transparency, hiring and training processes and job functions are all great.

3. "Senior Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is growing pretty quickly, the project work is amazing, and culture is the best I've seen anywhere. Everybody has a teamwork mentality. When issues arise on projects, nobody points fingers. If errors or mistakes are made the emphasis is how we correct this for the future. You are highly valued at this company and effort does not go unnoticed. Within the first two weeks I had my boss thank me for working on something on the weekend.

Cons

If you like working on interesting projects and working with great people then there aren't any cons.

5. "Growing company with great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a delivery consultant, I have been able to learn about a lot of different ways organizations use Salesforce, and have been growing my skills with every project.

The company culture really values work/life balance, although like any project-based work there are periods when hours are long. Periodic bonuses and raises do reflect the extra effort employees put in.

Collaboration is central to the development teams, and even though I work remotely, I'm always talking to members of my project team and others in the company. All of our processes are in continuous improvement based on internal feedback.

The company is in the midst of a size transition, and keeping good employees is a major focus, so management is working hard to maintain the culture and keep people motivated.

Cons

Although it's an exciting variety of work, any smaller company has times where individuals need to wear multiple hats to get the job done, or put in hours at night or on weekends. When this happens, we are recognized for the effort, but for salaried employees there is no direct compensation.

Benefits could always be better, of course.

Advice to Management

Continue building a systemically collaborative culture, and keep listening to your employees.

Oct 4, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks so much for your review! We're happy to hear you feel you're recognized for your efforts and hard work - we're really proud of our team and what we do each day. In addition to public and ... More

6. "Great people/great work-life balance"

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very respectful and hard working. Total open door policy. You really feel valued as a person and they really support your work/life balance. This is one of those jobs where you like coming into the office. I feel like people not only listen to my ideas, but they always let me try new ways to be creative without holding me back.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that we're growing so quickly, we'll need to move to a larger office soon.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees' suggestions and ideas. It makes it a great place to work.

7. "Amazing Group of People"

Former Employee - Solution Architect in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Solution Architect in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team. Very personable. Lots of opportunity to work on different projects if you're hungry. Everyone is extremely helpful, and it doesn't take long to get up and running as a new employee. Everyone is respected equally.

Cons

Standard small company complaints. Benefits are pretty middle of the road. Everyone on delivery will eventually have to put in some long hours on projects.

Advice to Management

Work on defining internal responsibilities a bit more. Not a huge problem, since a lot of people enjoy different types of tasks.

Oct 4, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the great feedback! Since your review, we've grown significantly in revenue and team size and have been able to dedicate even more toward employee benefits, to include a stellar health ... More

"Small company great fun to work for."

Former Employee - Software Developer in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is quite small. Everyone is easy to reach out to and very co-operative.

Cons

Does not sponsor H1-B visas.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have healthcare which covers eye care as well.

Sep 22, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for the review! We actually do have the ability to sponsor H1B visa's and are in the process of bringing someone through this process now. We also offer Vision and Dental coverage. We are ... More

9. "I love working here! Great Team atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is exciting to work for, and be a part of, a growing company. It is also nice to work in the fast growing areas of Salesforce and healthcare technology. I feel like I really get to participate and be a part of a collaborative team. Synaptic has a "flat" management structure and I don't have to worry about with politics or red tape here. Being located in Annapolis is also a plus as there isn't any traffic to get to work.

Cons

Because we are growing, things do change often and employees need to wear multiple hats. We have a lot of infrastructure in place but you sometimes still need to just figure out how to do something on your own. I like these challenges but it isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but increase communication with employees.

"Great people, excellent atmosphere"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a delivery consultant, I love the collaborative environment. I constantly communicate with the rest of the team on novel solutions and problems I need perspective on. Synaptic has a focus on healthcare and medical industry, but the variety of customers and solutions is invigorating.

Cons

As a smaller, entrepreneurial company, there are definitely times when we are called on to take care of things outside of our "standard job description". I think this is a reflection of our group dynamic; we are all committed to the success of Synaptic as a whole.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has a diverse client base that are great to work with. Considers the fit of a client with employees before accepting a deal.

Spends a lot of time with new employees explaining the delivery process and goals of projects.

Cons

Benefits could be more competitive with other companies in the area. It's a small company right now and the benefits reflect that. To stay relevant and to pull people from larger companies, the benefits package will need to be stronger.