Synaptic Advisory Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Synaptic Advisory Partners Founder & CEO Tom Boosinger
Tom Boosinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to get your foot in!"

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good move in my career. There is always something to learn and develop. Flexible and relaxed environment yet very results driven so everyone knows what they needed to achieve everyday.

Cons

Benefits can always be better

Advice to Management

Keep up the great effort!

2. "Cool company doing cool work"

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time

Pros

Awesome atmosphere with great people. Despite having a large remote workforce, we have a close team feel. Did I mention they support remote work? If you are not remote, they have a cool tech-friendly office with all the bells and whistles - bean bag chairs, Foosball table, free snacks, video games etc. But beyond all the cool 'stuff', this place does exciting, meaningful work that impacts a number of industries. The Salesforce world is competitive and demanding and Synaptic is no different....they just do it in a way that every team member feels like their voice is heard and they can make a difference. There is a high demand for excellence and quality but also an emphasis on professional growth and a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

None really to speak of other than being a fast growing company with normal growing pains. The good news is that when these pains are identified (could be by anyone), they are addressed and resolved. It’s part of the open culture that has been built.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Build great products, offer superior service and hire and retain great talent!

"Great relaxed atmosphere"

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the culture here. Management focuses on what's important--accountability, reliability, capability, trust and not on what's really NOT important, like if you're wearing jeans or khakis on a friday, or if you're always at your desk. It's rare that you come into a company where the norm is "superstar" but Synaptic definitely fits that description. Most everyone here is great at what they do--a superstar in their own right. There are opportunities to learn--and to teach-- frequently and it seems like everyone embraces this. Added bonuses? monthly (if not more frequent) happy hours and other activities.

Cons

I really can't think of a thing i *don't* like about working here.

Advice to Management

Be better about delegating when you're too busy.

4. "Amazing Team That Encourages Personal Development"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart and helpful employees in all areas of the business. The leadership leads by example and everyone is a key contributor to the company's success.

Cons

None so far & if something were to pop up I would feel comfortable bringing it up to management.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue creating an environment that attracts & retains top talent! I continue to be impressed by this organization.

5. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Synaptic has been a really great place to work so far! The culture here is really amazing where work/life balance is truly valued. There is a laid back atmosphere but also super results driven. The whole team is very supportive of one another and your ideas are always heard. It's been really great to always feel like you are valued as an employee. There is also a lot of opportunity to grow within the company. I've learned so much since I've been here and can't wait to see what the future holds!

Cons

Since I have been here I can honestly say that I have no negative comments about the company, my position, or the people here.

Advice to Management

None, keep doing what you're doing! As the company grows, stay committed to your values and culture because that is what makes this such a great place to work.

6. "Great Place to Learn and Grow"

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are smart and innovative. Always willing to step up and help out where needed. Management is always thinking of ways to improve upon the culture of the company.

Cons

Can't really thing of any negatives....good company, good people!

Advice to Management

Not all decisions need to come from the executive leadership team. Allow managers and other to make decisions on their own.

7. "Great place to work ! ! !"

Current Employee - Graphic/Web Designer in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Graphic/Web Designer in Stuart, FL

Pros

Synaptic AP is an awesome place to work, great team, good challenges, great atmosphere, everyone helps and the life@SynapticAP is awesome, so happy to be here...

Cons

Honestly, can't find one, and that's what i like the most

Advice to Management

Keep doing #WhateverItTakes

8. "Super Smart People, Supportive Environment"

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Synaptic is a really incredible place to work. I've grown so much in my time here and feel appreciated for all of the work that I do, no matter how small the project. I can honestly say I work with very intelligent, driven people who are rooting for me to succeed in whatever I do. My favorite thing about working for Synaptic is that I truly feel like my input is heard and that I have a seat at the table when it really counts. Work-life balance is also awesome which is a huge plus for any work environment these days.

Cons

Growing pains have been tough on the company which is to be expected when small companies grow so quickly. But the growth has sadly impacted some of the culture aspects we enjoyed in the past.

Advice to Management

We've grown a lot in the last year or so and when I started I could really feel the #WhateverItTakes attitude that the company touts. I felt like everyone was willing to do what was necessary to be successful, regardless of title or position. As we've grown and departments become more defined, we've lost a bit of that spark and attitudes have changed. Never lose what made Synaptic unique in the first place!

9. "A Top Notch Team!!!"

Pros

A rockstar team of extremely talented individuals who constantly push and support you to be the best. Great benefits, challenging work and a strong work/life balance. Having worked in the professional services eco-system for some time, I can say that these traits are rare for an organization to have.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

It's clear that management truly cares about their employees success and overall well-being. Please continue these traits as you grow the organization.

"Good people, good athmosphere, long hours"

Pros

Easy going atmosphere, everyone helps one another, with no politicing, back stabbing, blame apportioning. Lots of learning opportunities Nice after work activities.

Cons

Long hours are expected 50 is regular, 60-70 is common. For that amount of work, wages are at best adequate, especially when you find out that you will have to work on some federal holidays as well.
    Open office can make working tough.
    Senior management consists of family members and close friends, don't expected to be promoted to that level.

Advice to Management

Find a way to allow staff to be compensated in some way for overtime, either with more days off, flex time, etc. Keep the good atmosphere going.

Synaptic Advisory Partners Response

Oct 7, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We're happy to hear you enjoy the people and appreciate the kind and caring atmosphere we try to create here. In terms of the long hours... More