Synaptic Advisory Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Synaptic Advisory Partners Founder & CEO Tom Boosinger
Tom Boosinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great relaxed atmosphere"

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the culture here. Management focuses on what's important--accountability, reliability, capability, trust and not on what's really NOT important, like if you're wearing jeans or khakis on a friday, or if you're always at your desk. It's rare that you come into a company where the norm is "superstar" but Synaptic definitely fits that description. Most everyone here is great at what they do--a superstar in their own right. There are opportunities to learn--and to teach-- frequently and it seems like everyone embraces this. Added bonuses? monthly (if not more frequent) happy hours and other activities.

Cons

I really can't think of a thing i *don't* like about working here.

Advice to Management

Be better about delegating when you're too busy.

2. "Amazing Team That Encourages Personal Development"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart and helpful employees in all areas of the business. The leadership leads by example and everyone is a key contributor to the company's success.

Cons

None so far & if something were to pop up I would feel comfortable bringing it up to management.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue creating an environment that attracts & retains top talent! I continue to be impressed by this organization.

3. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Synaptic has been a really great place to work so far! The culture here is really amazing where work/life balance is truly valued. There is a laid back atmosphere but also super results driven. The whole team is very supportive of one another and your ideas are always heard. It's been really great to always feel like you are valued as an employee. There is also a lot of opportunity to grow within the company. I've learned so much since I've been here and can't wait to see what the future holds!

Cons

Since I have been here I can honestly say that I have no negative comments about the company, my position, or the people here.

Advice to Management

None, keep doing what you're doing! As the company grows, stay committed to your values and culture because that is what makes this such a great place to work.

4. "Great Place to Learn and Grow"

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are smart and innovative. Always willing to step up and help out where needed. Management is always thinking of ways to improve upon the culture of the company.

Cons

Can't really thing of any negatives....good company, good people!

Advice to Management

Not all decisions need to come from the executive leadership team. Allow managers and other to make decisions on their own.

5. "Great place to work ! ! !"

Current Employee - Graphic/Web Designer in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Graphic/Web Designer in Stuart, FL

Pros

Synaptic AP is an awesome place to work, great team, good challenges, great atmosphere, everyone helps and the life@SynapticAP is awesome, so happy to be here...

Cons

Honestly, can't find one, and that's what i like the most

Advice to Management

Keep doing #WhateverItTakes

6. "Super Smart People, Supportive Environment"

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Synaptic is a really incredible place to work. I've grown so much in my time here and feel appreciated for all of the work that I do, no matter how small the project. I can honestly say I work with very intelligent, driven people who are rooting for me to succeed in whatever I do. My favorite thing about working for Synaptic is that I truly feel like my input is heard and that I have a seat at the table when it really counts. Work-life balance is also awesome which is a huge plus for any work environment these days.

Cons

Growing pains have been tough on the company which is to be expected when small companies grow so quickly. But the growth has sadly impacted some of the culture aspects we enjoyed in the past.

Advice to Management

We've grown a lot in the last year or so and when I started I could really feel the #WhateverItTakes attitude that the company touts. I felt like everyone was willing to do what was necessary to be successful, regardless of title or position. As we've grown and departments become more defined, we've lost a bit of that spark and attitudes have changed. Never lose what made Synaptic unique in the first place!

7. "A Top Notch Team!!!"

Pros

A rockstar team of extremely talented individuals who constantly push and support you to be the best. Great benefits, challenging work and a strong work/life balance. Having worked in the professional services eco-system for some time, I can say that these traits are rare for an organization to have.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

It's clear that management truly cares about their employees success and overall well-being. Please continue these traits as you grow the organization.

"Good people, good athmosphere, long hours"

Pros

Easy going atmosphere, everyone helps one another, with no politicing, back stabbing, blame apportioning. Lots of learning opportunities Nice after work activities.

Cons

Long hours are expected 50 is regular, 60-70 is common. For that amount of work, wages are at best adequate, especially when you find out that you will have to work on some federal holidays as well.
    Open office can make working tough.
    Senior management consists of family members and close friends, don't expected to be promoted to that level.

Advice to Management

Find a way to allow staff to be compensated in some way for overtime, either with more days off, flex time, etc. Keep the good atmosphere going.

Synaptic Advisory Partners Response

Oct 7, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review! We're happy to hear you enjoy the people and appreciate the kind and caring atmosphere we try to create here. In terms of the long hours... More

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very involved in your personal success and wants to see you achieve your goals. They are flexible and constantly provide you with interesting and challenging tasks! Everyone here is incredibly intelligent, ambitious, hard working and kind - truly the best of the best.

The interviewing experience was thorough and had a lot of steps, including speaking with current employees, but it is all in an effort to foster and promote a positive work environment where everyone gets along!

Cons

The company is growing rapidly so we are all experiencing growing pains, but that is not a bad problem to have and I think everyone is adapting really well!

Advice to Management

None! Keep it up. The transparency, hiring and training processes and job functions are all great.

10. "Senior Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Synaptic Advisory Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is growing pretty quickly, the project work is amazing, and culture is the best I've seen anywhere. Everybody has a teamwork mentality. When issues arise on projects, nobody points fingers. If errors or mistakes are made the emphasis is how we correct this for the future. You are highly valued at this company and effort does not go unnoticed. Within the first two weeks I had my boss thank me for working on something on the weekend.

Cons

If you like working on interesting projects and working with great people then there aren't any cons.