Synchronoss Reviews | Glassdoor

Synchronoss Reviews

Updated March 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Very good work life balance compared to similar companies that I have worked in (in 10 reviews)

• Everyone are supportive , good work balance , company cares about you , flexible timings (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Can have a low work/life balance on certain projects (in 9 reviews)

• Can't work from home except on rare agreed-upon times, or if something is actually stopping you (in 6 reviews)

"I've had better."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Synchronoss full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation,Work Life balance. At times innovative. Plenty of high quality employees that are creative and fun to work with.

Cons

Tend not to be receptive to client feedback. Approach is apply band-aid fixes to problems / complaints vs investment into long term solutions. Poor Product R&D results in late delivery and missed functional expectations. Heavy into corporate politics.

Advice to Management

When choosing a strategy, pick one an stick with it. Research and invest in innovative solutions your customers want to adopt.

2. "Customer Service Agent Supervisor"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Synchronoss full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clean. Nice people to work with

Cons

Pushed up selling too much instead of solving customer's problem.

Advice to Management

Put customer first.

"Not as good at acquisitions and they think they are"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Synchronoss full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong technology and good customer base.

Cons

Very confused and convoluted acquisition of SPATIALinfo. Left employees and customers confused. Post acquisition everyone is still wondering what the direction in the CATV engineering market space actually is.

Advice to Management

Focus on customers and employee retention.

5. "Company is very good to employees"

I have been working at Synchronoss full-time

Pros

Strong corporate structure without being to suffocating; company really builds its people up internally and genuinely wants to see them succeed. Very bright people and highly collaborative environment.

Cons

Synchronoss is one of the biggest technology companies in the market, yet the brand recognition is not strong.

6. "Intern Experience"

I worked at Synchronoss (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a pretty relaxing atmosphere. I never felt like I was under pressure to hit a deadline. They had free bagels every week.

Cons

Communicating with coworkers could be difficult when working with a team that spanned multiple offices.

7. "Its good company for Experience"

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer

I worked at Synchronoss full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good exposure on testing in synchronoss

Cons

No cons from my side

Advice to Management

nothing

"Shortest job in my career history"

Pros

Pay is fair and benefits are good.

Cons

This company does not take care of there employees. There is nothing provided here if you want to grow your career. It will be a paycheck and that is it.

Advice to Management

Get some leadership training. Management is the reason many good people leave.

"Improvements Needed"

Current Employee - Software Architect in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Architect in San Jose, CA

Pros

Great people, a lot of opportunities to learn new skills, challenging work.

Cons

Business driven development with no regard for quality and longevity of the code, slow processes and very little flexibility of the management.

Advice to Management

I really do hope this will be actually read by someone from the upper management, if not - at least people who apply for a job here will know what they will have to deal with.

1. Processes are there to help people, not to hinder them. If in order to extract an interface or a couple methods to improve readability and/or reuse I have to go through the process below, I will NEVER do it:
    - create a JIRA issue,
    - create a branch,
    - create a pull request,
    - answer multiple random questions from people reviewing the PR including "why are we doing this?",
    - listen to management complaining about me working on things that were not scheduled for the iteration, and the only reason I spend more than 10 minutes on that, is because of this process,
    - wait 3-5 days for the PR to be accepted by enough people to be able to merge it,
    - rebase the code with resolving conflicts because it took so long to get PR accepted,
    - finally merge it.

Don't get me wrong, this process is useful, but there should be a better way to handle refactoring. And if you never refactor code (the current situation) the technical debt increases.

2. Currently if I spot a bug in the code, I'm supposed to log a JIRA issue. Theoretically it would be scheduled for fixing in next iteration during team planning meeting. However, if "planning meeting" is a product manager assigning priority to tasks alone behind the closed doors, the issue will never be addressed.

As a result, the only bugs that are fixed are those reported by a customer in production environment, which leads to an increased number of incidents reported on production.

3. I've been voicing these (and other) problems in the last 6 months to both my manager and later the VP. Nothing has changed since then, and VP has even told me they are powerless to fix some of the issues. This is why I've decided to vent here.

I hope someone will find this review useful.

"stay away"

Pros

work from home some times

Cons

- no project plans or details/steps no nothing
    - insane/unrealistic deadlines
    - expected to work extra hours and all wkends
    - already fixed insane deadlines even before hiring people, irrespective of work load
    - highly chaotic
    - highly disorganized
    - no defined processes
    - no documentation no nothing

Advice to Management

- no bad mouthing
    - being dysfunctional is extremely bad
    - plan with details, steps, dependencies,
    - understand when people explain/say about issues, and dont ignore and make people work crazy. People have life other than work, have responsibilities, etc.

"Company needs to improve"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Bridgewater, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Bridgewater, NJ

Pros

Company is ok and has good benefits.

Cons

Managers and some senior Managements(Director/ VP) who have 9 plus yrs of experience, think they own the company . Their work practice is not suited for the new pace environment. They do not get along with new hire and do not let others survive. They have no exposure to the outside world and new talent. They discourage new hire in everything.

Advice to Management

For the better growth of company managers and VP who are in company for more than 9 + yrs should be replaced as they are doing more harm then good for the company. They are more interested in keeping their job, then in growth of company.