Syncsort Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Syncsort Chief Executive Officer Josh Rogers
Josh Rogers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • nice people and work environment (in 5 reviews)

• Great people that care about one another and many that really want to make a difference and get things done (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • More time is spent answering internal calls and emails than actually selling (in 2 reviews)

• More time is spent filling out forms, reports, and answering internal emails and internal calls then actually selling (in 2 reviews)

"Great Company, Great Outlook"

I have been working at Syncsort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the culture here. Syncsort employees are dedicated to doing their jobs well, and we support each other to achieve success. I can't speak for all locations, but there's a friendly, family-like vibe in the Pearl River office. New ideas are valued, and solid job performance is shown appreciation.

Also, I've been really impressed with our CEO. Josh is well-versed in the technical details of our business as well as its business strategy. His communication style is personable, informative and the most transparent I've ever seen from executive leadership.

Cons

We've recently acquired several organizations, and with that there have been growing pains as we integrate processes, take on new responsibilities, adapt to a new scale, etc.

2. "Marketing"

I have been working at Syncsort full-time

Pros

Great people, proven technology and exciting partnerships with some of the most innovative companies in the Big Data space

Cons

Rapid growth will require adjustment to new scale

3. "Strong Leadership, Bright Future and Enviable Company Culture Make Syncsort a Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Director, Corporate Communications in Pearl River, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Corporate Communications in Pearl River, NY

I have been working at Syncsort full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over the past 5 years, Syncsort has offered me a dynamic, exciting environment with the best company culture I have ever experienced, bar none. One of the most rare and positive aspects of Syncsort's culture is transparency. CEO Josh Rogers drives a top-down focus on continually keeping employees informed of the direction, specific goals and performance of the company, and how employees are expected to contribute to success . The last few years have been an exciting time of growth, both organically and via acquisitions. Syncsort's CEO and leadership team are smart and hard-working, displaying great business acumen in leading the company. Syncsort is also well-funded and empowered to continue acquiring companies against a very well though-out acquisition strategy. The organization has done a great job digesting acquisitions w/o impacting company performance and while carrying on "business as usual." The future for Syncsort and opportunities at the company look bright!

Cons

If you are not passionate about what you do, willing to work hard and be accountable, Syncsort is not the best place for you. This is obviously not a con for people who thrive in such stimulating environments.

Advice to Management

As Syncsort grows and continues to acquire new companies, ensure that our great company culture stays intact. This will continue to drive success and employee satisfaction.

4. "Great people! Great company!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager and Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager and Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Syncsort full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I came to Syncsort a little over 4 years ago as an Account Exec. Over the last 4 years, we have now positioned ourselves as a 50 year old software $1b+ start up. It is exciting to work for a company that is making big moves and has the track record and reputation of an established and respected software developer.

Cons

We are growing rapidly and acquiring new companies quarterly or even monthly these days. It is busy, but exciting. Be ok with change.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent. Continue to have vision. Continue to modernize. Continue to focus on people.

5. "Fantastic company on the move"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Syncsort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has a very unique culture. Great people that care about one another and many that really want to make a difference and get things done. CEO and others have very collaborative leadership styles that encourage people to solve problems. Great place to work for many, including accountable AE's that want a ground floor opportunity in a great field.

Cons

The company is growing and acquiring organizations. Only typical growing pains, nothing else.

Advice to Management

Keep the great Syncsort culture, but continue to innovate and look forward. Hire action oriented, accountable people that want to take the company t the next level of success.

6. "Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Syncsort full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Outstanding technology, strong leadership, collaborative environment. Excellent opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Fast paced environment. Dynamic and always changing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the pace. Keep doing what you are doing with smart acquisitions.

"Process Oriented Culture"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Syncsort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Nice people and seasoned technologists
    - Not an intense startup environment
    - Good work life balance

Cons

- Many of the people who work here are stuck in the old way of doing things and are very process oriented
     - Not open to new ideas
    - Numbers driven, not people driven culture
    - Lack of training for new hires

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to training your people and helping them grow

"Horrible work environment-"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Syncsort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros to working here.

Cons

Many weekly internal meetings to discuss forecast over and over. Weekly activity reports on top of all the internal calls to micro manage reps, takes 2 hours to fill out when all data is already in CRM. More time is spent filling out forms, reports, and answering internal emails and internal calls then actually selling. Managers harass you during the weekends bombarding you with emails. Both regional managers were hired from within due to attrition. No onboarding when you are hired. Multiple product sets that don't integrate. No President's club. Sales engineers aren't making bonuses due to such low sales. Territories have changed 3 times already this calendar year.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to lead with an iron fist. It doesn't work. That is why there is such high attrition.

"Demoralizing work environment"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Syncsort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros to post

Cons

Customers keep cancelling because our solution is way behind industry norm. There is less than 5 customers worldwide in the cloud, everyone else runs on our on prem solution. We only integrate with Dynamics CRM no others. There are weekly activity reports to micro manage sales. All of the information is in CRM but no one knows how to use CRM or even run reports out of CRM. Multiple calls during the week to discuss forecast. Monday morning forecasting call individually, and team forecasting calls on Friday. Management bombards you on the weekend asking about deals and forecast. More time is spent answering internal calls and emails than actually selling. Sales engineers not making bonuses because sales are so low. There is no President's club. No onboarding for new employees. They don't pay for internet for remote sales reps. Cap on cell phone bills. Both regional managers are in the first managerial position and it shows. Multiple products sets that don't integrate with each other. R&D personnel has been decimated. 3 territory changes this year for sales reps.

Advice to Management

Do not try to run the organization by an iron fist. It doesn't work and isn't working, that's why attrition is so high.

"Awful non-motivating sales environment"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Syncsort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

other than paid holidays: zero

Cons

Ultra-micro management from Sales management with relatively little experience. Sales environment based upon threats/fear/management superiority. Not a place to be creative or entrepreneurial.

Advice to Management

Get experienced sales management that understands the correct culture for motivating and rewarding sales people. Start with fair and industry standard compensation.