Syndero Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Scott Waltz
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It is what it is....a startup!"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Syndero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Amazing talent pool
    * Life changing place for me
    * Wild West of launching Direct Marketing Products
    * Exciting stuff!!

Cons

It grew too fast and beyond management's control. I hear the place may come back wiser. That would be great. Name got dragged legally through the mud I understand.

Advice to Management

Steady, practical growth!

"Frat boy atmosphere seeks employees to overwork. (But we'll give you beer!)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Syndero full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, decent and good benefits. Scott Waltz improved the business. He took it from "anything goes" to "lets give this place some structure". If it wasn't for him it would have really tanked.

Cons

Mismanaged, unorganized, little policy and procedure. Unrealistic expectations. Prior to Waltz, management was rarely around. People came and went as they pleased, with no order, and no rules.

Advice to Management

Get a legitimate business model. One that doesn't entail a continuity model and contributing to the individual debt margin of the US citizens.

3. "Medium"

Current Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Open and flexible which has it's benefits and keeps things exciting. The category the company was in was intriguing and there were always new challenges, so lots to learn which was fun.

Cons

Open and flexible which makes things confusing and frustrating. When major directional changes where made and supposedly sweeping and concrete, they would often crumble quickly. Management doesn't seem to have a lot of trust for it's employees outside of a few two folk/

Advice to Management

Communicate more.

"One of the worst professional experiences I have ever had."

Pros

The benefit package was generous. Nice offices (when it was still located in San Francisco).

Cons

The unreasonable expectation of working tons of hours without really understanding what it was all for. There are other brands that exist in the same space as the brands that Syndero has, but they are recognizable and hopefully honest. There was no room for creativity and this place was basically run like a old boys' club but for younger frat rats in horrible fleece vests. The atomosphere was an alleged "startup" with all the bells and whistles to give that appearance (free food in the kitchen! a pool table! look how cool we are!), but there was nothing to back it up. I saw passion in only a couple of people there, otherwise, so many people, including top mgmt, was there to make a quick buck and to pull a fast one on consumers but selling subpar products.

Advice to Management

See your consumers and employees as people; today's customers are more intelligent and informed than ever which will lead to your downfall.