Syndicatebleu Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 1, 2017

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Diana Qasabian

"A great place, but not for everyone."

Former Employee - Creative Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Creative Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Syndicatebleu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Syndicatebleu is a great staffing firm that values the freelancers it represents.
    The office is top notch.
    The managers are approachable and honest, which is rare.
    The feedback you get is constructive.
    The work is exciting and fast paced.

Cons

There is conflicting management techniques.
    This company is a sales driven environment. Not necessarily bad, but it is hard to be rewarded on recruitment alone.

"Beware!"

Former Employee - Copywriter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Copywriter in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

No. Not. A. Good. Experience.

Cons

I still haven't been paid for a job that I completed weeks ago. When you have questions that involve you individually, they seem to disappear. In the beginning, they are relentless with contacting you. Which is fine because they are trying to get you in somewhere. Once you fill a spot for them, they aren't as easy to get ahold of if you have issues.

Advice to Management

See people as people and not as numbers. Pretty simple concept.

3. "Freelance Work"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Greenlawn, NY
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Greenlawn, NY

I worked at Syndicatebleu (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have the right agent on your side, it is a great experience. They have a good network in place and actively reach out regarding opportunities.

Cons

Without a good liaison there, you can get lost in the shuffle.

"A Waste of Your Time"

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

As a freelancing creative looking for representation, this recruiting agency will put you last - and really has no desire to pair you with the type of roles you are seeking. Their focus seems to be more about just getting bodies in the door. Be prepared to fill out a 20 page dossier on your past experience and conduct an interview with one of their recruiting staffers, only for it to go nowhere and just send you whatever is on top of the job pile for that day.

It was over for me when I received an email for a new opportunity with the message saying this new role made them immediately think of my work and was a perfect fit for me...
    When I replied back right away, with interest in the role, it was somehow already filled and instead maybe I'd like to apply for this other very different and half the hourly rate role?

Advice to Management

You should rethink your approach and recognize you are serving 2 clients, the business you provide staffing for and the creative talent/staff you should be representing. What you are currently doing is wasting both parties time.

6. "Syndicatebleu is top notch!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Extremely responsive, professional, and the recruiting team goes above and beyond to help not only with finding and placing people looking for jobs, but preparing for interviews, giving feedback, and following up. I couldn't have had a better experience and they helped land me a great contract job at a top company in NYC within weeks of starting with them. Highly recommend!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Give Jerry Maggio and Daisy Tan a raise!

"The Worst"

Current Employee - Contractor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Contractor in New York, NY

Pros

Not too many come to mind.

Cons

They ask you if you are interested in a position, and then you never hear from them again.
    High turnover of recruiters, but I think this is true of any agency of this nature. Very few opportunities from this agency. I am able to find positions on my own rather than using this agency. Takes forever to get paid from them.

Advice to Management

Need to improve. How do you stay in business when you can't get excellent candidates decent positions.

"Graphic Desinger"

Pros

The recruiters are very friendly and have good intentions.

Cons

Very few placements in an 8 month period.

9. "Excellent"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Excellent team environment and collaborative spirit. Great support from corporate and management.

Cons

Recruiting is high stress and requires passion and strong follow up skills as well as willingness to work over email as needed to maintain desk.

"Smooth Talking Recruiters..."

Current Contractor - Contractor in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Contractor in New York, NY

I have been working at Syndicatebleu as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

When they show initial interest, they can get you work fast. They are good at telling candidates what they want to hear and almost convince you that they are very interested in trying to find you a good fit.

Cons

Like most agencies, they have very short attention spans, and if you aren't on top of them, they forget you easily. If they send you to bad clients, they backtrack and try to do damage control, or worse, try to blame the candidate and make them feel guilty. Also, the payroll is super slow and it took them a month to pay me, and this was after I had to hunt them down. In a town where all major temp agencies are using digital tracking systems and electronic payroll, they're still having candidates and clients do time-sheets by hand and paper. With all of that said, they aren't too focused on being honest with all parties, and they'll say one thing, but ultimately do another. They try to act like they care about you and save face by telling you that they want contractors to be happy but just like any other temp agency, they bow down to their client's wishes.

Advice to Management

Have more faith in the talent that you represent. Instead of talking down to us, treat us like the professionals we are. Don't take us and our expertise for granted. And please get a digital payroll system. Everyone else is doing it and it's so much more organized.

"A bait and switch temp agency that says one thing to the client and another to the employee."

Former Contractor - Copywriter in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Copywriter in New York, NY

I worked at Syndicatebleu as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They seem to treat everyone badly.

Cons

Tell the client that you're available 24/7 when you're not. As a result, I lost a permanent job.

Advice to Management

Avoid booking through them, most of the same people are listed at multiple agencies