Synerfac Technical Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Bill Lafferty

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Recruiters"

Pros

synerfac is by far the best staffing agency I dealt with during my job hunt. Kyle was great. He diligently searched for work on my behalf and was professional, kind and a pleasure to deal with.

Cons

No cons. Recruiters are friendly and professional

Advice to Management

Awesome job

2. "Worst work experience I’ve had to date"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at Synerfac Technical Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Synerfac is great because they take in a lot of recent graduates of undergrad. Also Synerfac seems to be open to hire you even if you have gaps on your resume. I’d say this company is easy to get in, hard to stay in. This is a great place for those entering the workforce for the first time or for those who are trying to find a new field. You will definitely realize if staffing is for you or not within the first six months. Recruiting is not for everyone but if you want to give it a try there’s a good chance this place will hire you.

Cons

I enjoyed my first 4 months-ish working here but after that I absolutely hated it and I stayed a little less than a year. It’s cool when you are starting out because you learn the daily grind of recruiting. After you get the moves and the grooves down you then have to figure out if it’s actually for you. To say the least it was not for me! The daily job duties absolutely bored me after those 4-ish months and recruiting in the work environment that my branch had was not for me either. The office environment was very cliquey which sucked because most of the branches are very small (5 people or less). There was a LOT of unprofessional behavior at the branch I worked at as well. All in all, my experience had more cons than pros.

Advice to Management

My advice to upper management would be to take a closer look at the Hunt Valley, MD branch. Some very shady things went down in that office. (Then again I’m glad it sucked because it made me take a look in the mirror and realize I was in the completely wrong industry for my career and I did not have an interest in working around people with such a poor level of professionalism.) Had I stayed longer than I did, I would have complained to HR about the terrible office environment.

3. "Recruiter turned Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bala-Cynwyd, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bala-Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Synerfac Technical Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

most formalized recruiting structure I came across, solid script organizing questions in easily understandable method. Branch Manager and Area Manager are awesome guys that will help you at a moment's notice and will be transparent with what is going on.

Sat down to strategize attempts and provide real-time guidance, mentoring even while on a call with candidates/clients

Cons

compensation is on the average/lower end and it is easy to get too comfortable in the office. Nothing that would deter from working there but there is definitely the typical staffing firm hurdles to over come with sourcing, prospecting, and cold calling.

Advice to Management

keep up the structured training and perhaps continue it on a little more into the role. Have jr recruiters sit/listen to sr recruiters (and/or account managers) to hear how you are approaching candidates.

"Great start to my career"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at Synerfac Technical Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were the best part of my job. I enjoyed going to work everyday. This was my first job out of college and it was the perfect stepping stone in my career. Also great employer paid benefits and commission. Free lunches.

Cons

The base pay is on the low side but you can make it up in commission. There's a lot of promotional opportunities but not many more responsibilities so you can only really learn so much.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Work outings were the best!

5. "Uncomfortable Environment"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Synerfac Technical Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has potential to be a great job. Free benefits, 401K, salary job. Perfect right of college job

Cons

It's a small office lacking professionalism...felt like I was in high school again. Be prepared to cold call in mass

Advice to Management

Draw a line somewhere between professionalism and "joking around"

6. "Average employer at best"

I have been working at Synerfac Technical Staffing full-time

Pros

They reach out to you for position.

Cons

I've worked for synerfac for about 7 months and they do not offer PTO or bereavement time. Expensive insurance

Advice to Management

Offer basic benefits please.

"boiler operator /hvac tech"

Former Employee - Boiler Operator in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Boiler Operator in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Synerfac Technical Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

informative, professional,good, company,I I would recomment them to anyone

Cons

I do not really find any cons during my time there

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

8. "interview process"

I have been working at Synerfac Technical Staffing full-time

Pros

One of the good things is that they are very accommodating. Manager is great and everyone who works in the offices are friendly.

Cons

I think the training could be done a little more. It was only two days but we really just listened. In a position like this you don't really know what to expect until you are doing the job.

Advice to Management

Lengthen the training. Maybe have the sourcers do actually calls with someone sitting right there. Because there is always going to be something new that comes up. Also linkedin recruiter is definitely useful and I think they should make better use of it.

"Not the Greatest...."

Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist & Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sourcing Specialist & Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

good people in office and good hours

Cons

not the greatest company in my eyes. A LOT of cold calling and most of the time the recruiter's don't pay attention to the people you send them anyway. Pretty much spent all day on the phone for nothing. Working for other staffing agency's, i realize how dumb their system really is.

Advice to Management

don't throw us in right away and expect perfection in one month

"Contract work"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Synerfac Technical Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

found proper placement, good pay, easy to work with for finding position

Cons

contract work, work was not very interesting