Synergy Flavors Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Roderick W. Sowders

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Lots of opportunity here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Synergy Flavors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A growing company with very strong management and a focus on employee well-being. Offers growth opportunities and stability for employees.

Cons

I'm not aware of any.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

2. "Has Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Synergy Flavors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The groundwork is in place to be best in class flavor manufacturer. Great employees who really care about the success of the company. Great R&D team.

Cons

Culture and HR philosophy very archaic and rigid. No rewards and recognition, flex time or community volunteer programs. No training opportunities, collaboration on company goals, performance management or succession plan process. Need forward thinking HR leadership to influence a strong culture change and drive such programs.

Advice to Management

Benchmark benefits and culture of companies in the flavor industry to maintain competitive edge on human capital.

3. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Synergy Flavors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very positive culture that cares about employees and works collaboratively to get results.

Cons

Nothing specific comes to mind.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

4. "Outstanding Company"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Hamilton, OH
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Hamilton, OH

I worked at Synergy Flavors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership/supervision, benefits, pay, overall work environment

Cons

You tend to work a lot of long hours during busy season of summer months and maintenance in general

Advice to Management

Outstanding leadership running the Hamilton location. Synergy will continue to grow and has an extremely bright future.

5. "liquid compoundr"

Former Employee - Compounder in Wauconda, IL
    Former Employee - Compounder in Wauconda, IL

I worked at Synergy Flavors full-time

Pros

benefits were good,401k and insuranc

Cons

working environment was hostile if you did not kissup

6. "Employee"

I have been working at Synergy Flavors full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Lots of fun employee activities. Benefits have improved- proactive HR department in regards to taking care of people and caring. Newer building. Very clean and updated. All Executives are very approachable- don't see this often at other companies.

Cons

The location is a long commute. Parking is tough due to growth. I believe this has been addressed and the company with adjust. These are the only reasons I do not give a 5/5

Advice to Management

It would be great if there were employee meetings as a company. There is a new large room for this My manager does not do a great job of getting together with the team and reviewing the overall company outlook.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Mount Prospect, IL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Synergy Flavors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with really Intelligent People
    Team atmosphere
    Creative environment
    Great benefits

Cons

Location is really far north in Illinois.. A plus for some.. but far for many.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and engage your employees!

"Great Place to Build Skills to Use Elsewhere"

I have been working at Synergy Flavors full-time

Pros

Working at Synergy is great. Management is always willing to share their wisdom and take the extra time to provide mentorship. The amenities and perks are excellent, the facility is beautiful, everyone is generally pretty sharp and competent, everything is flexible, and the people are accommodating and warm. It is a genuine pleasure to come to work everyday. It's an excellent place to learn from some of the best in the business.

Cons

Synergy has seen tremendous growth recently, but the employees haven't been able to share in that growth. Senior positions have been newly created in many departments, but they're filled by outside talent. It's demoralizing to witness, and it hints that sticking with Synergy isn't a good long-term plan.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It all starts with you folks. However, I'd strongly advise re-evaluating your talent acquisition methods. Promote someone. Doesn't matter who. Show the employees that Synergy is a place where you can actually build a career.

"Innovative and Rewarding company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Synergy Flavors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are great people at Synergy who are passionate about what they do and are some of the best in the flavor industry. The management team at Synergy has created a great culture to motivate employees to perform. It is a financially sound, global organization with the technology in place for continued growth. Compensation is in line with industry standards and the bonus is great as well. Synergy has a genuine team oriented work force, and it's great to see employees working with each other toward joint success. I also enjoy all of the small things that the company does for it's employees, such as company picnics and multiple holiday parties. I like that Synergy is very involved in the community and regularly hosts Blood Drives, Food Drives and Holiday Drives to help underprivileged families.

Cons

This is a fast paced work environment. I don't see this as a negative, but if you are used to a slower work pace and do not have a sense or urgency, or enjoy challenging opportunities, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay engaged with your team. Also, company wide meetings for all employees to give updates and inform them about whats going on in the business. During this meeting, we could also reviews any successes various departments have had that contribute to the business. Employees would feel closer to the business and appreciate what their role is in regards to Synergy Flavors as a whole. I think this would be a great way to build company loyalty.

"Confusing and Questionable."

Former Employee - Customer Service in Wauconda, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Wauconda, IL

I worked at Synergy Flavors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice people, small company, little office politics.

Cons

Management uses recruiting agencies to hire and fire at will. Management plays favorites.

Advice to Management

One should be more sympathetic. I once saw an employee hired at an agency and last 2 days because he needed time to learn an ERP system. He was terminated that quick. This company uses recruiting agencies to hire and fire at will. It is sad to see very enthusiastic people let go. Please change this and commit more. People require more time to learn about functions than just two days. This is a ridiculous expectation.