Cover image for Syniverse

70 Comments

Tech

467.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Syniverse~24535
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Syniverse and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company, Great Employees

Oct 5, 2022 - Marketing Automation Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the best company for which I have ever been employed! I love the work, my boss, my colleagues and the toolsets I use. My position is fully remote, with occasional travel to the Florida headquarters. I am very glad to be onboard and excited about the future with this organization.

Cons

I can't think of any.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

wouldn't go back

Nov 21, 2022 - Sr. Software Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's plenty of interesting work

Cons

Management is difficult. There's a lot of politics to deal with.

3. Join the Syniverse team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company is changing for the good

Oct 12, 2022 - Strategic Sourcing Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and work experience, great people

Cons

Currently in a culture reformation which creates resistance from some which have been in the company for many years. Some people do not like change

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Syniverse is on the rise

Oct 11, 2022 - Senior Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

New CEO and established lead team are infusing a culture of winning into a company whose business was hit hard by the pandemic. Very little politics, and transparent and trustworthy leadership.

Cons

Telecommunications is a roller coaster as an industry - definitely not for everyone.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Investing in People and Customer Relationships

Oct 11, 2022 - Vice President Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

In our employee surveys, the people are the consistent positive theme. It is no small task to transform the culture of a 30 year old telecom company, but those who are willing to put in the work are empowered to drive positive change to make the company a place where we are all proud to work and put the customer at the center of everything we do.

Cons

Some of our processes are still too cumbersome and manual, but not to the point it prevents us from being able to do the right thing for our customers. We are embracing this challenge as a leadership team to drive effective automation and put our employees in a place where they have the tools and information they need to delight our customers.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great CEO and ability to have an impact doing meaningful work!

Oct 7, 2022 - Talent Development in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO is passionate about clear communication and employee development. Being a smaller company, have a chance to really innovate and drive change.

Cons

Has been a tough for years for the company but are moving from surviving into thriving.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pros and Cons

Oct 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is competitive. Benefits are okay. Opportunity to a do a lot.

Cons

There is a lot of transition and instability. Internal operations are clunky. Lots of red tape. Unsure if current leadership is equipped to keep the company moving in a positive direction.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Awful, stay away!

Aug 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

none, the place is toxic

Cons

they are living in the 90s and wont change. a lot of back stabbing and gossip which management allows, everyone is massively overworked, nothing good about this place

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Top-Heavy "Leaders"

Jul 30, 2022 - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, benefits, empathetic colleagues

Cons

Low pay for role, lack of leadership, poor communication, biased reviews resulting in promotions to favorites, no long-strategy

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

very low pay and very political company

Jun 15, 2022 - System Engineer in Campbell, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

if you are good at what you are doing, everyone will come to ask you for help

Cons

super political bosses are in Florida, they tell you keep doing what you are doing no raise in 3 years

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 678 Reviews
</>Embed

Syniverse Reviews FAQs

Syniverse has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 715 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at Syniverse to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Syniverse employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Syniverse. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

49% of Syniverse employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Syniverse 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Syniverse to be benefits, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Syniverse Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Syniverse? Share Your Experiences

Syniverse logo

Reviews by Job Title

Syniverse Photos

+ Add Photo
Syniverse photo of: ¡Buenos días! From the Syniverse team in Costa Rica.
Syniverse photo of: Employees in Xi'an had lots of delicious food to choose from during the Employee Celebration held May 17.
Syniverse photo of: Employees in Xi'an celebrate together during the Global Employee Celebration on May 17.
Syniverse photo of: Employees enjoyed lunch and lawn games during the May 18 Employee Celebrations.
Syniverse photo of: Employees in Tampa enjoyed lunch on Syniverse with a choice of several popular food trucks. This was all part of the Employee Celebration held May 18.
Syniverse photo of: Andrew Davies draws a winner for the employee raffle as part of the Employee Celebrations held May 18.
Syniverse photo of: Employees in Luxembourg enjoy ice cream and each other's company after the May 18 All Hands Employee Celebration.

Affiliated Companies

VMware

4.2

9,901 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 715 Syniverse reviews submitted anonymously by Syniverse employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Syniverse is right for you.