SynteractHCR Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Better than Ever!"

Current Employee - Business Development in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

New extremely strong CEO who knows all the in's and out's about each services. New exec management who are immeditaly taking actions to make a difference for employees and our clients. Brand new building with ability to work outside, stand up at your desk, close to depts and others in turn helping with getting to know others and feel like a team. This company is better than I have ever seen it! Great atmosphere and people are excited about all the good changes!

Cons

None at this time I can think of.

Nov 20, 2017 – Marketing

Our employees are the key to our success and at the forefront of our values is Our people make a difference. Thank you for your everyday efforts!

"Clinical Trial Manager"

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time

Pros

Management is very supportive, and listens to concerns. The life- work balance is reasonable and I feel valued as I'm not "just a number" employee. I enjoy working with my colleagues.

Cons

The 401K match is minimal, but at least there is one.

Advice to Management

Keep employees motivated by being valued rather than based on metrics.

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you are part of the SynteractHCR family and representing our Company.

"Once great, but now lacking"

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule/from home opportunities
    Good location - overlooks ocean
    Plenty of parking
    Free bagels on weds
    Free Coffee
    Large cubes/offices

Cons

Very high and frequent turnover - both voluntary and involuntary
    Weaker leadership
    No camaraderie, unfriendly atmosphere
    No meaningful merit increases/pay raises
    Low pay for work done
    Heavy emphasis on billable work
    Low quality training
    Benefits not up to par

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. Train properly. Have more team building events.

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for your review, we are sorry you feel this way. From line management, though department management, through to our CEO, our open door policy encourages two way communication so that in the... More

"No Loyalty"

I worked at SynteractHCR full-time

Pros

Very flexible work arrangements.
    People are committed to their work and are nice to interact with.

Cons

Management claims they communicate but transparency is not there.
    Focus is only on how many hours can be billed and not on employee growth, development or improvement. There is no loyalty to keep someone even if they are needed and performing well. Focus is only on the bottom line.
    Benefits and 401K are also sub par.

Advice to Management

Increase the loyalty you have for your employees.
    Focus on actual development and don't just talk about it but actually live it.
    Stand up for what you believe is actually needed to make the organization thrive.

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for your review. We strive to improve the business and in turn the employee experience every day.

"Fantastic company, great work life balance"

Current Employee - Clinical Operations in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Clinical Operations in Remote, OR

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SynteractHCR has a great company culture, friendly colleagues, and a company that truly values work life balance. Never dread coming to work.

Cons

The compensation is on the lower end of the spectrum and technology could be improved they are a little behind in some areas.

Advice to Management

An update to our IT systems would be beneficial, but that does not overshadow the fact that synteractHCR is a great organization.

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for your review. We are grateful for the continued commitment of employees and strive to improve the business and in turn the employee experience every day.

"Good work culture"

Pros

Flexible work from home facility

Cons

Low compensation, no performance bonus

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing

Our employees are the key to our success and at the forefront of our values is Our people make a difference. Thank you for your everyday efforts.

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best work/life balance you can find, as long as you are willing to draw your own boundries, management will respect them, for example if you are asked to work the weekend, just say no. Ethical business, that cares for employees as people, but also cares about profits. Generous vacation policy, telecommuting.

Cons

Salaries could be better, 401k match is laughable, but overall benefits are very fair. Dont ever expect cash bonuses. Training is horrible. The only training that occurs on a regular basis is regurgitated SOPs to satisfy auditors. The only way to receive relevant training is to get on a team where some is willing to mentor you one-on-one, otherwise it is "sink or swim".

Advice to Management

Be willing to pay for top talent, and be willing to let go of dead weight. Continue technology infrastructure upgrades. Develop an actual training program that teaches real world skills.

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing

8. "Great people great pay!"

Current Employee - Safety Surveillance
    Current Employee - Safety Surveillance

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very supportive and friendly people!. This is a growing company with lots of opportunity. It is a busy environment which is fine because the pay and the flexibility are fantastic. Lots of encouragement and recognition from management keeps makes you feel like you make a difference

Cons

I came to my position with previous experience this was helpful as training is not quite a through as I had at previous companies, having said that anyone you reach out to is will to help.

Advice to Management

More standardized and detailed training might be helpful. Keep up the positive and supportive environment! I for one appreciate the positive encouragement and morale.

Sep 14, 2017 – Marketing

"Great company and potential for growth"

Current Employee - Medical Affairs
    Current Employee - Medical Affairs

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time

Pros

Options for telecommuting or working remotely depending on the position, approachable management, interesting work, focus on quality over quantity, fantastic coworkers, competitive pay and many opportunities for growth.

Cons

401K match could be better, no structured bonus program (which most CROs don't have anyway, so that is not abnormal).

Advice to Management

Think about a structured bonus program or consider upping the 401K match to industry standard of 3%.

Jun 6, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and recommendations. We are pleased to have you as part of the SynteractHCR organization and appreciate your thoughts on how to make our organization even better!

"Could be Worse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

If you just want to show up, do your work, and leave with minimal interaction, this place is for you.

Company is pretty open to internal career advancement.

Bagel (every other) Wednesdays and leftover food.

Ample Parking

Good views from outside the office.

Cons

Management; A coworker of mine left after less than a year at Synteract due to getting thrown under the bus by management. Management is very strict on billables. Was constantly nickel and dimed on workload and hours. Working in data management, the Big Brother effect is real.

Sterile Office environment; Wasn't uncommon to have days without speaking a single word to anyone in the office (though some may actually prefer this). Data Managers are reluctant to share workload.

Pay is lacking for the rising cost of San Diego. If the reported salary on glass door is true for DMs, they seriously need a raise. Don't expect any significant annual raises if you stay within the same role, which is pretty standard for this industry.

Advice to Management

Cut back on the number of Data Coordinators or make it an hourly position, as I've seen in other places. The work DCs do here is pretty insignificant.

Jun 6, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your suggestions and insight. SynteractHCR encourages employee collaboration, communication and interaction within and across teams, with bagel days being one small example. We will... More