SynteractHCR Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
SynteractHCR Chief Executive Officer Wendel Barr
Wendel Barr

"Fantastic company, great work life balance"

Current Employee - Clinical Operations in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Clinical Operations in Remote, OR

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SynteractHCR has a great company culture, friendly colleagues, and a company that truly values work life balance. Never dread coming to work.

Cons

The compensation is on the lower end of the spectrum and technology could be improved they are a little behind in some areas.

Advice to Management

An update to our IT systems would be beneficial, but that does not overshadow the fact that synteractHCR is a great organization.

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best work/life balance you can find, as long as you are willing to draw your own boundries, management will respect them, for example if you are asked to work the weekend, just say no. Ethical business, that cares for employees as people, but also cares about profits. Generous vacation policy, telecommuting.

Cons

Salaries could be better, 401k match is laughable, but overall benefits are very fair. Dont ever expect cash bonuses. Training is horrible. The only training that occurs on a regular basis is regurgitated SOPs to satisfy auditors. The only way to receive relevant training is to get on a team where some is willing to mentor you one-on-one, otherwise it is "sink or swim".

Advice to Management

Be willing to pay for top talent, and be willing to let go of dead weight. Continue technology infrastructure upgrades. Develop an actual training program that teaches real world skills.

"Could be Worse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

If you just want to show up, do your work, and leave with minimal interaction, this place is for you.

Company is pretty open to internal career advancement.

Bagel (every other) Wednesdays and leftover food.

Ample Parking

Good views from outside the office.

Cons

Management; A coworker of mine left after less than a year at Synteract due to getting thrown under the bus by management. Management is very strict on billables. Was constantly nickel and dimed on workload and hours. Working in data management, the Big Brother effect is real.

Sterile Office environment; Wasn't uncommon to have days without speaking a single word to anyone in the office (though some may actually prefer this). Data Managers are reluctant to share workload.

Pay is lacking for the rising cost of San Diego. If the reported salary on glass door is true for DMs, they seriously need a raise. Don't expect any significant annual raises if you stay within the same role, which is pretty standard for this industry.

Advice to Management

Cut back on the number of Data Coordinators or make it an hourly position, as I've seen in other places. The work DCs do here is pretty insignificant.

Jun 6, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your suggestions and insight. SynteractHCR encourages employee collaboration, communication and interaction within and across teams, with bagel days being one small example. We will ... More

"Work/Life balance and so much more"

Current Employee - Clinical Data Management in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Data Management in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best work life balance I've ever seen. Flexible telecommuting options great for working mothers. Great work environment where you are given autonomy to complete tasks without being micromanaged. Very professional and knowledgeable coworkers, especially in the Data Management group where there is long tenure and years of experience. Good starting salary. Good benefits. Nice building with ocean front view. They really care about your career path and development. Overall you are happy to come to work everyday and contribute.

Cons

Nothing too bad at all, only personally the commute is a bit far which is a downer but it helps to telecommute some days.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You make the difference.

Nov 17, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you are part of the SynteractHCR family and representing our Company!

"Feel Valued; This Organization goes the extra mile for customers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My contributions are valued and executive management cares about us; colleagues are smart and hard working; there are many experienced professionals in this organization who are very proud of the work they do on behalf of clients, and work hard to provide strong support; good work/life balance with flexibility for personal events, telecommuting; I hear the words Thank You, and Great Job regularly

Cons

Compensation package is a bit under par compared with other CROs; training opportunities have been limited; the investors are too involved

Advice to Management

Circulate more within the office

Mar 13, 2015 – Human Resources

7. "I love my job I love what I do and I feel appreciated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Even though I am a lower level employee, I still feel that my job is important thanks to my manager, and she keeps me in the loop at all times and I appreciated. Very casual environment, flexible hours and mostly everyone telecommutes at least one day per week. If you telecommute, equipment is not provided to you - but if you work remotely 100% then equipment is provided to you (computer/printer/company mobile device and monthly internet stipend).

Cons

Not a lot of people interactions, there should be more social events/celebrations. The christmas social event needs improvement. Also, no holiday bonus.

Advice to Management

Maybe think of renting some office space to save money, there's so many cubes/offices empty. Its a beautiful building but save money and use it for employee incentives/rewards such as holiday bonuses.

Mar 13, 2015 – Human Resources

Our employees are the key to our success and at the forefront of our values is Our people make a difference. Thank you for your everyday efforts.

"Flexible, promotes within and great company culture."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

SynteractHCR has been a great company to work for. They provide telecommuting options to employees, which is very helpful in the summer when traffic is bad. SynteractHCR promotes within in and encourages personal/professional growth. I have a supportive supervisor, who has been a great mentor for me.

Cons

Moral is low, would like to see more employee engagement activities.

Mar 27, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are grateful for the continued commitment of employees and strive to improve the business and in turn the employee experience every day.

"So far I love it!"

Current Employee - Clinical Trial Assistant in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Trial Assistant in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's only been a month but so far I really enjoy it. Everyone works Monday-Friday, the pay is great with really good benefits (including pet insurance) and lots on PTO. It seems to be the norm for people to take at least one day off a week. Right now they have the 'summer' schedule which allows you to work 8 9hr days and then get a free day off every other week. The culture is business causal with causal Fridays. They are all very hands on and really care about your training and molding you to be a good employee.

Cons

In my department they haven't had a new hire in a while so some of their training is a little rusty but everyone is very young and just needs you to ask lots of questions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Mar 13, 2015 – Human Resources

"Used to be great, bleak outlook for future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at SynteractHCR full-time

Pros

Great lower-level co-workers, casual attire, work-from-home opportunities

Cons

AS OF 2014, EMPOYEES NO LONGER GET MERIT OR COST OF LIVING RAISES!!!! The harder you work and smarter you are, the more crap that gets dumped on you. There are NO rewards for a job well done and no motivation to be dedicated or try your hardest. Deadlines are next to impossibe and usually require unpaid overtime. Promotions are few and far between and you have to do the job of the position above your's for a least 2-3 years (without increased pay) before you're even considered.

Advice to Management

If you reward your employees for a job well done and promote appropriately, you wouldn't have the incredibly high turnover rate. Then the money you have to spend on hiring and recruiting could be spent on merit and advancement raises.

Mar 27, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you feel this way. We see a great future at SynteractHCR.

"Great commitment to employees - felt valued."

Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at SynteractHCR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a lower level employee but still felt valued

Cons

The only con I can think of would be that the entry level training was scattered. I learned a lot on my own.

Advice to Management

none