KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.5
Synthesio Chief Executive Officer  Jim Delaney
Jim Delaney
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Flexible working hours: Management tend be flexible on hours and can accommodate if you have emergencies(in 4 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is great - everyone works hard and then gets to have the weekend and evenings for themselves(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Relatively high turnover can lead to confusion about positions/management/ expectations(in 4 reviews)

• "Synthesio is just another start-up that wants to make as much ca(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Experience in an Exciting Industry

Apr 4, 2019 - Account Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunity for growth - Solid leadership & communication - Great company culture - Competitive Pay - International presence

Cons

- High Turnover - If you do not have a strong work ethic, then this would not be the best fit.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start a career in analytics and social data

Nov 1, 2021 - Operations Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning skills, Startup atmosphere, Global, great parent compny

Cons

Employee Turnover, Growth within company

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good office culture

Aug 25, 2021 - Operations Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good office culture. Startup environment

Cons

Low pay below market rate

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible environment, company is falling apart

Jul 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

you get off work on time because nobody cares

Cons

Terrible product, management, and environment. Please try looking for another job and work here only if you have to. This job will offer you no advancement in your career. The salary is way below market rate. Huge red flag. Extremely high turnover. All the smart people have left including many longtime employees. One of the worst company cultures I've ever seen. They do not foster good work and people are extremely lazy and take forever to do a single thing. The people who get promoted or get the most praise are the ones who talk the loudest or talk the most, even if they offer no valuable ideas. Your good work won't get you noticed here. Culture is extremely bro-ey. The conversations here will make you lose brain cells. No diversity. Terrible product. It was embarrassing trying to make it sound good because it clearly doesn't do what it says it does.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful

Synthesio Response

CMO

We are sorry your experience was not what you hoped for. Synthesio is a much different place today than it was 6 months ago, as we have welcomed a new CEO, CMO, and just today a new COO. This team joins longtime leaders in sales, product, and client management who are reinvigorated and motivated to create an environment that blends the best of a start-up culture, with the resources of a multinational firm. We know we have work to do (including filling more than 20 open roles), and value all feedback on how we are doing. But readers should note that the market (and our team) strongly disagree with the comment above RE our product. In fact, Synthesio was just rated as a "leader" in July by Forrester in our category, and in the same month we received the Adweek readers choice award for best of social/influencer tech. This follows a "4.3" (out of 5) rating on G2, and some great new client wins. As for people, in my time here I have found Synthesians to be curious, kind, smart and fun. We are a diverse group, working across many regions and time zones. Yes, we need to do a better job telling our story, and providing better recognition for all the hard work many are doing as teams navigate recent growing pains. There's a lot to do, but an amazing market opportunity and platform to build on. I am always happy to chat if anyone on glassdoor has feedback, suggestions, or wants to know more about our many job openings. Feel free to reach out to me directly at abonde@synthesio.com.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Glassdoor is making me write a review to look at other reviews

Jan 20, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting and somewhat well run in the beginning

Cons

Steep decline in almost every aspect of the company and layoffs by the end - but hey it's probably not the worst and there were some great people keeping things together

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

good management

Nov 30, 2020 - Research Associate in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good management, diverse staff, good values

Cons

low pay, no promotion , no room to grow

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good first sales job

Jan 15, 2020 - BDR in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Great first job out of college if you know you want to be in sales/software sales *Smart, young people who you can learn a lot from *Open and relaxed work environment

Cons

*Relatively high turnover can lead to confusion about positions/management/ expectations *Pay could be better

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great, supportive environment to start out

Jan 15, 2020 - Content Marketing Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Brand new bright beautiful office in a prime location -Wonderful, collaborative co-workers -Relaxed and open work environment -My manager genuinely wants me to learn not only how to do certain tasks, but learn why as well. She takes the time to explain things I have questions about but also gives me enough space to do it myself. It is very hands-on and I was given actually important tasks quickly. -A very good place to learn the ins and outs of a company as a new college grad in a low stakes environment -Nice work/life balance- hours other than 9-5 are uncommon

Cons

-Relatively high employee turnover -Open management positions lead to some disjointedness and lack of communication on internal teams -I don't necessarily see it as a place where a lot of growth could happen in my position quickly -I personally am not particularly passionate about the product

9. 5.0

Good Product and Great Workplace

Feb 15, 2019 - Operations Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive and fun office environment/culture Fast-paced, expanding market Develop valubale skills

Cons

None - I loved it!

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee

Toxic Stupidity

Oct 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch Individual teams work well

Cons

Interteam dynamic is awful. There’s 3 or 4 teams in the US - Sales/AM, CS and Marketing. Each do their own work “well” but once they have to work together all hell breaks loose. CS thinks they’re high and mighty (lol), Sales doesn’t care because they bring in the money and Marketing is detached on another floor but seems like they do good work, only when pressured by other teams to do so. All in all, cut the attitude on CS (you’re not smarter than everyone at the company, actually probably dumber), Sales/AM try to actually care about more than your pockets and start looking at the product, Marketing, try to be a little more innovative in terms of content.

Continue reading
      14 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Reviews

Synthesio Reviews FAQs

62% of Synthesio employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Synthesio 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Synthesio to be career development, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Synthesio Job Seekers