KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.5
Synthesio Chief Executive Officer  Jim Delaney
Jim Delaney
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Flexible working hours: Management tend be flexible on hours and can accommodate if you have emergencies(in 4 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is great - everyone works hard and then gets to have the weekend and evenings for themselves(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Relatively high turnover can lead to confusion about positions/management/ expectations(in 4 reviews)

• "Synthesio is just another start-up that wants to make as much ca(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start a career in analytics and social data

Nov 1, 2021 - Operations Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning skills, Startup atmosphere, Global, great parent compny

Cons

Employee Turnover, Growth within company

2. 5.0

Great working experience

Oct 18, 2021 - Technical Account Manager in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working experience and support at Ipsos.

Cons

Salary too low compared to industry benchmark

3. 3.0

Good office culture

Aug 25, 2021 - Operations Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good office culture. Startup environment

Cons

Low pay below market rate

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible environment, company is falling apart

Jul 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

you get off work on time because nobody cares

Cons

Terrible product, management, and environment. Please try looking for another job and work here only if you have to. This job will offer you no advancement in your career. The salary is way below market rate. Huge red flag. Extremely high turnover. All the smart people have left including many longtime employees. One of the worst company cultures I've ever seen. They do not foster good work and people are extremely lazy and take forever to do a single thing. The people who get promoted or get the most praise are the ones who talk the loudest or talk the most, even if they offer no valuable ideas. Your good work won't get you noticed here. Culture is extremely bro-ey. The conversations here will make you lose brain cells. No diversity. Terrible product. It was embarrassing trying to make it sound good because it clearly doesn't do what it says it does.

2 people found this review helpful

Synthesio Response

CMO

We are sorry your experience was not what you hoped for. Synthesio is a much different place today than it was 6 months ago, as we have welcomed a new CEO, CMO, and just today a new COO. This team joins longtime leaders in sales, product, and client management who are reinvigorated and motivated to create an environment that blends the best of a start-up culture, with the resources of a multinational firm. We know we have work to do (including filling more than 20 open roles), and value all feedback on how we are doing. But readers should note that the market (and our team) strongly disagree with the comment above RE our product. In fact, Synthesio was just rated as a "leader" in July by Forrester in our category, and in the same month we received the Adweek readers choice award for best of social/influencer tech. This follows a "4.3" (out of 5) rating on G2, and some great new client wins. As for people, in my time here I have found Synthesians to be curious, kind, smart and fun. We are a diverse group, working across many regions and time zones. Yes, we need to do a better job telling our story, and providing better recognition for all the hard work many are doing as teams navigate recent growing pains. There's a lot to do, but an amazing market opportunity and platform to build on. I am always happy to chat if anyone on glassdoor has feedback, suggestions, or wants to know more about our many job openings. Feel free to reach out to me directly at abonde@synthesio.com.

5. 5.0

Interesting technology

Jun 17, 2021 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting technology. Growing fast. Relevant clients.

Cons

Paris headquarters made the London office feel far away from the product direction at times

6. 4.0

Great SaaS company with a strong new CEO

Jun 7, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The vision of the company is much more clearer now and with the help of Ipsos we are now a leader in our industry - Even with the acquisition by Ipsos we remain a Saas company with its own culture. - You can reach out to anyone within the company if you have any questions or issues.

Cons

You have to create your own growth path.

7. 1.0

poor management

Apr 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

decent pay, individual people, nice offices

Cons

poor management, poor communication, no alignment

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A company in crisis. Poisonous, unprofessional and untenable.

Feb 14, 2021 - Vice President Sales EMEA in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unfortunately there are no pro's to working at Synthesio.

Cons

A total apathy from so called senior management to transform and change the organisation from a small owner led business to a large sales driven organisation owned by a much larger parent company.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to be

Jan 20, 2021 - Data Scientist in Paris
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours Autonomy Possibility of working remotely Competent colleagues

Cons

Not much to say here

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Glassdoor is making me write a review to look at other reviews

Jan 20, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting and somewhat well run in the beginning

Cons

Steep decline in almost every aspect of the company and layoffs by the end - but hey it's probably not the worst and there were some great people keeping things together

Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Reviews

Synthesio Reviews FAQs

Synthesio has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 74 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Synthesio to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Synthesio employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Synthesio. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

62% of Synthesio employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Synthesio 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Synthesio to be career development, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Synthesio Job Seekers