Synygy Reviews | Glassdoor

Synygy Reviews

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work environment with engaging teams (in 18 reviews)

• Work culture is semi-formal and its easy transition (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Growth opportunities are limited at a certain point in your career (in 7 reviews)

• Work on redundant technologies, no growth in terms of head count, no onsite opportunities (in 5 reviews)

"If you are in sales this is the worst company to work for!"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Synygy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

location is the only pro I can think of for this company

Cons

Employees are dismissed in a similar fashion as summary executions during the Holocaust. No reason given, no advanced warning, no attempt to get the employee back on the right track if they stumble, no coaching.....nothing. Once hired, the employee will be told by other associates to avoid HR & if HR comes into your office & close the door when it opens you will be walked to the door. Management operates using fear tactics to get productivity from the staff. There is no carrot in this company!

Advice to Management

Treat your people with respect & dignity and you will reap the rewards in revenue.

2. "Exciting, fast-paced place to work"

Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Synygy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of hard-working, smart co-workers. Interesting projects and problems to solve.

Cons

CEO is challenging to work for -- low capacity for emphathy, places little value on fairness, does not appear to value win-win solutions, can be spiteful

"Good coworkers but poor leadership, execution"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chester, PA

I worked at Synygy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers, legacy. Synygy generally recruits capable people and enjoys some legacy benefits of its length of market within the ICM space.

Cons

Vision, leadership and execution. Corporate leadership seems to lack or is unable to communicate a clear vision for the company. The leadership organization struggles with a commitment to a well defined and communicated strategy, professional management, consistency within operations, and employee training. Continuous operational changes and a reactive approach also contribute to impaired execution and inconsistent performance.

Advice to Management

Adopt industry recognized standards and best practices, a more professional corporate culture, and improve chronically poor leadership, effectiveness.

"Good place to cut your Professional Services teeth, BUT don't stay too long."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chester, PA

I have been working at Synygy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Synygy is a good place to cut your Professional Services teeth. Working on implementations or smaller sized outsourcing projects are the safests places to be.

Cons

Growth opportunities are few as CEO seems satisfied running company at current revenues.

Recent org changes have left me puzzled; culture has become much more internally CYA focused. I have begun an active job search and don't plan on staying to see how things pan out later this year.

Advice to Management

Get more connected and involved with the ongoing business. Moving the HQ offshore to Singapore and having the CEO live there away from the core business hurts. Senior Leadership at US HQ (Chester, PA) does not lead well - often away from the office with general disinterest in professional services.

5. "Synygy is a good place to start your career""

Current Employee - Professional Services in Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Chester, PA

I have been working at Synygy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Culture is amazing with a lot of fun
    - Great people with good skills from which you can learn a lot on your area
    - professional flexibility and opportunity for growing within the company

Cons

- Lack of training on both soft and hard skills (no-training seems to be a type of managing set by the company President)

Advice to Management

Create more learning opportunities in both a formal and informal way.

6. "Long Hours, OK pay, but all the work flexibility you need"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

I have been working at Synygy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

work flexibility is amazing. If you need to leave for a doctor appointment you can and you don't have to sacrifice your vacation days as they allow you to make up your hours later.

Cons

usually overtime work but not paid for overtime. stretch employees too much.

7. "Reasonable introduction to the software industry"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Synygy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent peer coworkers, immediate mentors and managers. Excellent team-building. Reasonably good enterprise software methodology and consultancy. Good client relationships. Great experience in enterprise software in general.

Cons

Lots of early-20-year-olds leads to work life "endurance preening", if you will - a social norm towards working "long" as opposed to "smart"; "how hard could it be?" effort estimation, etc from people who don't know any better yet. Delay of variable component of salary for multiple quarters from time to time.

Advice to Management

A focus on reducing costs should be an admirable trait for management. However, during my time at Synygy, I observed poor implementation of this. Specificially, "ownership" is championed as a corporate value, however, in more than one event, the CEO would make a very fine-grained cost-saving decision (apparently unilaterally), communicate this poorly to the organization, in a way that undermines what should have been a fully delegated detail to lower levels of management. This behavior is inconsistent with fostering "ownership" as a core value.

8. "amazing people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

I worked at Synygy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It all comes down to the people. They are really good at spending the time to make sure new hires will fit in with the culture, which made it a very comfortable and enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Compensation was not great, and they factored your bonus in as part of your total compensation and treated it as if it were a guaranteed part of your salary, which it was not.

9. "You should see Synygy today....its amazing"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chester, PA

I have been working at Synygy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have found nothing but extreme support, fun, and continuous learning here. Sure ,they ar ea bit small, but what they do they do well and what we do no competitor can touch. The culture here treats me like a real person....I am not a number and I love that...

Cons

I would lke to see senior mangers more; there is so many smart people here that we could benefit from their expertise

Advice to Management

Keep going!!!!

"A great first job"

Current Employee - Implementation Services Associate in Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Implementation Services Associate in Chester, PA

Pros

The management doesn't expect you to dedicate your entire life to your job. You have great flexibility and can get involved in a meaningful way within your first couple of weeks. People are very friendly, and a mentor system helps you with the learning curve. Mentors also serve to help you navigate through your career, and they do an excellent job of it. If you are a self starter, you will succeed at Synygy, as you are given a lot of freedom to choose your tasks and develop expertise in particular areas

Best, I think, is the evaluation system. You are evaluated once per month in your first three months, and then you are evaluated every six months (based on your start date) in addition to quarterly evaluations. The result is that you should always know how you are performing at any given time.

Working in the old Delaware County Electric building makes for a unique environment, with 100 foot ceilings and enormous bay windows overlooking the Delaware River and Commodore Barry Bridge.

The benefits package that we get is very good.. the people responsible for your benefits are knowledgeable and care very much about helping you out.

Cons

Its location, though pretty cool, is extremely inconvenient. You can take public transportation, but because it is in the suburbs of Philadelphia, trains are never running at times conducive to commuting by rail. Without a car, it is very, very difficult to get to work.

Although benefits are good, that doesn't quite make up for salaries below industry standard. They are getting better and have recognized the need to compensate employees in such a fashion as to give them incentive not to leave the company, but salaries are still lower than competitors' salaries.

Advice to Management

Work on being a little more transparent. The company is shifting its focus, and the employees need to know what's happening, which means informing them of changes before they happen, not after they have already been implemented.

Also, keep up the good work. Employees are generally happy, recognizing that although we are paid less then peers, our lives are less stressful than theirs. Largely I believe this is due to the efforts of senior management to secure a productive and satisfying work environment.