Sysco LABS "leapset" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Sysco LABS Employee Reviews about "leapset"

Updated Nov 5, 2015

4.2
Sysco LABS CEO Mani Kulasooriya (no image)
Mani Kulasooriya
Pros
  • "Work Life balance is excellent as much as you want it to be(in 7 reviews)

• "Sysco has allowed CAKE to be pretty independent which is a good thing(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "leapset"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company and Cuture!"

Former Employee - New Markets Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sysco LABS full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had an amazing experience with Leapset and Sysco. Both are amazing companies that truly value their customers and employees. I was lucky to work with both the California and Florida team and I couldn't ask for better employees to work with. The CEO deeply cares for everyone and was a great mentor within my career.

Cons

I didn't have any cons. I was very lucky with my time at Leapset.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. I would love to see more Sales Development Workshops for the team. Either way, thank you very much for my time with you and the amazing experiences I had launching the Florida market.

Sysco LABS2015-11-05
  2. "Awesome Company, and Culture to go with it"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Sysco LABS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is working together to achieve the corporate, divisional, and individual goals that are set. If I am ever in a situation where the solution is not known to me, I know that I can reach out to anyone for guidance as education here is strongly encouraged.

Cons

As with all startups, things change rapidly. Communication across divisional lines sometimes breaks down, which causes some issues here and there. But Leapset has in place their monthly all-hands meeting to rectify this. It can be difficult if something occurs just after the meeting, and having to wait a month in order for it to be communicated across all channels.

Advice to Management

If something is discovered in the Support or Engineering that doesn't have an immediate fix, that we communicate this to the training and the sales staff.

Sysco LABS2014-10-16
  3. "Great company with a great vision"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Sysco LABS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leapset is the first start-up that I have worked for, with that being said, it has been a very exciting adventure to see the company grow so rapidly. - Family atmosphere - Kegorator - Nerf Gun Wars - Opportunities for advancement (I was promoted just after 1 year of employment)

Cons

Leapset is a true full-stack start-up with multiple product lines. Supporting customers with this amount of rapid change can be challenging, but not impossible. Features and products tend to be rushed and therefore can be "buggy" to say the least. - Constant Change - Off hour meetings (Meeting with overseas team that is 12 hours ahead) - Work/life Balance (Start up management can be overwhelming due to lack of... process or policy)

Advice to Management

Continue listening to the feedback from direct reports. Happy employees = Productive employees. Look into doing some company outings, shut down the office and get out!

Sysco LABS2014-10-16

"Toxic dishonest culture, company is running out of time."

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Sysco LABS full-time

Pros

Some of the AE’s and CA’s are cool. Also some nice people in the office and other former employees.

Cons

The new Sales Management has no idea what they are doing and nobody on the sales team respects him. He says one thing and does the opposite and seems to merely be a puppet. Our commission checks are never correct and not paid on time. We have to pay for our own phones and hotspots to do demos. Expenses are questioned and not reimursed as they should be. The product doesn't work well and obviously the customers... aren't happy. It feels like you have to lie to make a sale to a potential customer as you know that you will receive a very angry call in a few weeks once they have been deployed. As a result our parent company and lead provider will not work with us and has reduced funding to us. They have realized that they made a unwise acquisition and our time is running out. I don't anticipate having a job much longer. It seems that everyone with talent quits or is laid off at Leapset and replaced by somebody else less qualified and often incompetent. We never receive a 401K as promised. We are all burning the candle at both ends as we receive no support from anyone else at this company. Many left great jobs to join Leapset only to find empty promises and left feeling like it was the worst career move they could have made.

Advice to Management

Find more funding so we can afford qualified management. Be honest and honor promises. Actually do some marketing to generate leads. Give us all appropriate severance packages as we were lied to join Leapset.

Sysco LABS2014-07-16
  5. "Exciting and Fast paced! Awesome products with even bigger visions!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sysco LABS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers are great to work with. We have a open door policy. There are huge opportunities for advancement within the company. I personally have been promoted 3 times in 2 years. There has been lots of training to make me feel comfortable/familiar with each new position. Super competitive pay and benefits but that comes with hard work. New office in Redwood City with a kitchen that is always stocked. There is even... a pool table for your lunch break.

Cons

Since Leapset is still in its start-up phases, there are constant change (granted, most of the change is for the better). Be ready to work lots of hours! If you truly believe in what your company is doing, working long hours will be well worth it.

Sysco LABS2014-04-23
  6. "Unfortunate and Disappointing"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Sysco LABS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leapset truly has an amazing visionary product and service.

Cons

Leapset significantly lacks executive leadership

Advice to Management

A company is only as good as its executive team and its executive team is only as good as it advisers and those advisers are only as good as the advice they give and execute upon.

Sysco LABS2013-10-18