Cover image for Sysco

3.2
Sysco President and CEO Kevin Hourican
Kevin Hourican

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and inexpensive(in 344 reviews)
  • "Flexible and good pay.(in 303 reviews)
  • "There are a lot of really great people working hard everyday to do the right thing.(in 165 reviews)
  • "Good money for warehouse ..always overtime ..stable job..benifits package pretty good as well..(in 72 reviews)
  • "Good training and products to sell(in 71 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management extremely long hour its paid slave work be ready to work 6 days a week(in 170 reviews)
  • "The hours are long (endless really) and finding work/life balance is a daily struggle.(in 142 reviews)
  • "No work life balance since you're so exhausted you can't do anything on the weekends and have no time when you get off work.(in 109 reviews)
  • "Terrible upper management.(in 66 reviews)
  • "Certain managers are downright rude and more concerned with advancing their own career than the department they manage(in 46 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sysco and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Overall great company

Jun 9, 2022 - Class A CDL Delivery Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great help and support. The benefits and pay are the best in my opinion. Of course the work is hard, but the support of the company and pay makes it worth it.

Cons

Really no cons, just work.

Sysco Response

We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company overall

Dec 2, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management Good pay and benefits

Cons

Loads are often placed ineffieciently

3. Join the Sysco team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Good Experience

Dec 1, 2022 - Executive Chef and Culinary Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for. Room for growth and a good team atmosphere.

Cons

Some lines of communication could be improved

Sysco Response

We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Sysco. Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback and we wish you luck with your future endeavors!

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work/life balance

Nov 30, 2022 - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Benefits Culture Diversity Women in leadership

Cons

Benefits arent that exceptional No IVF included Pay is not that great

Sysco Response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at Sysco. We understand how important it is to maintain balance and we’re glad that you’ve found that balance with us!

6. 4.0

Great company

Nov 22, 2022 - Delivery Driver in Grand Junction, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment, great pay

Cons

Hard work, very physical in all weather conditions

Sysco Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team! We hope you continue to have a positive experience at Sysco.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Work hard. Be rewarded.

Nov 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility. Work from home/road locally. Compensation (if you remain committed to company and succeed).

Cons

Can’t turn it off. Six day a week customer delivery (mon-sat). Customers order Sunday. 9pm cutoff for next day ordering for some (not all) customers. Trucks are delivery as early as 5am. Customers, some, are working until midnight. Always need to be available for call/text/email. Control very little other than relationship.

8. 5.0

Good Career Booster

Nov 19, 2022 - Finance Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good career booster but depending on position work/life balance can be a bit skewed towards work.

Cons

A lot of hours in the office

9. 4.0

Great

Nov 19, 2022 - Director of Product Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

I can’t think of anything

Sysco Response

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. You are helping us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner!

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Every order selector will be replaced by machines eventually.

Dec 2, 2022 - Warehouse Order Selector
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is off the charts if you're young, healthy, and athletic enough to go 100% 60-70 hours a week. If you just want something high paying for a year or two, you don't need to see anyone at home, and you're already in shape, this is a great check and a decent workout.

Cons

If you exist outside of work or you have a family you care to see, this job isn't for you. That 100% in the Pros section is NOT an exaggeration. If you take breaks, you are not going 100%. Legally they have to offer breaks and so they do. But taking breaks means you're sacrificing your pay. The biggest issue besides these is how prone each worker is to injury due to everyone flying around at top speeds on heavy equipment with full payloads to meet their quotas. The goal is absolute perfection at the fastest possible speed and that's fine, but it guarantees that the position will be further supplemented by machines until the workers are replaced entirely. If you're looking for a career, go elsewhere or prepare to be laid off in a decade when corporate realizes how much they could save by investing in a warehouse layout fit for order selection machines. Yeah the union may help you, but it won't stop the company from upgrading for the sake of efficiency and letting the dominos tumble.

11. 5.0

My experience

Nov 14, 2022 - Building Maintenance
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company always concerned about my personal health.

Cons

Some lack of communication between upper management and employees.

Sysco Response

Thank you for your feedback! Our leaders demonstrate our Values of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Inclusiveness, and Responsibility. We appreciate you leaving a review about your positive experience with Sysco

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,313 Reviews
</>Embed

Sysco Reviews FAQs

Sysco has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 3,469 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Sysco to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sysco employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sysco. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

54% of Sysco employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sysco 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sysco to be