Found 992 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Sysco
3 months ago
Sysco is really having hard times right now, or so I’ve heard. Drivers not delivering, unions being added like crazy. They used to do things like give free menus and send Chefs to visit accounts. Now they make the customer pay for menus and credit the account later? Or they make accounts come to them to see a chef or whatever. Also heard that the Louisville, Indiana, and Cincinnati district was having a good show and not putting customers in hotel rooms or making customers pay for their own?
7 months ago
Sysco has been going down hill. They are trying to do less with more and continue to add more to your plate. It feels like they are testing the waters to see how much work there employees will put up with before they leave. They also want sales, (obviously) but they give you a work load consisting of "scheduling", "planning", etc. None of these schedules or plans actually help you, they just put you on your computer all day checking boxes and not actually doing your job
9 days ago
Ugh. Woke up sick this morning. Luckily we have a pretty good PTO policy. At Sysco we have Sick Days, Vacation Days, and Floating Holidays. My wife only has PTO days they call it. Use it for whatever I guess. Also not nearly as many as I do. Do a lot of other companies do that?
Got a burning question about Sysco? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sysco employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and inexpensive" (in 414 reviews)
- "Good pay which is higher than 21 for experienced pickers 27.61 is the base for experienced pickers" (in 343 reviews)
- "There are a lot of really great people working hard everyday to do the right thing." (in 188 reviews)
- "Good money for warehouse ..always overtime ..stable job..benifits package pretty good as well.." (in 80 reviews)
- "Sysco offers great training for sales rep (2 months in the classroom) as well as continuing training seminars." (in 73 reviews)
- "Poor management extremely long hour its paid slave work be ready to work 6 days a week" (in 189 reviews)
- "The hours are long (endless really) and finding work/life balance is a daily struggle." (in 167 reviews)
- "No work life balance since you're so exhausted you can't do anything on the weekends and have no time when you get off work." (in 132 reviews)
- "Terrible upper management." (in 72 reviews)
- "loads are poor, routing is bad, managers don't care to fix problems" (in 53 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sysco and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "benefit"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Jun 10, 2021Payroll AdministratorCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Good Benefits and great 401K
Better out of pocket insurance duesSysco Response3y
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company with benefits that prepare you for the future. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!
- 3.0Sep 16, 2022MechanicFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsNashville, TN
Decent money and time off
Benefits aren't the best and HR is useless all they do is fire people they won't help you in any other way.Sysco Response2y
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!
- 2.0Feb 10, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
You can get discounts on food products.Also the benefits are very good because of the union. The other driver can sometimes be very helpful some of them.They will pay you for work that has been done.
The work is very hard on your body.Also after finishing your route early dispatch will ask you to help another driver.Management is very out of line with some of the rules they come up with.they treat you like a machine.Routing needs to be improved some other drivers will throw you under the bus and run you over.The union just collects your money and provide the benefits Sysco actually owns them so the drivers are not protected.
- 5.0Nov 6, 2018Recruiting CoordinatorCurrent Contractor, less than 1 year
Pay is beautiful. When I become i ternal benefits are amazing and so ething you can retire on.
No opinions yet. Its a new position to sysco
- 2.0Mar 9, 2021CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHouston, TX
Benefits are good and inexpensive
Low salary, keep piling work onSysco Response3y
We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. We take all viewpoints into consideration. We are committed to providing our associates with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. We're sorry to hear that Sysco wasn’t a good fit for you.
- 4.0Jan 7, 2022Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
It has been a good company to work for. Benefits are great and direction has been fantastic
Could use more pay incentivesSysco Response2y
At Sysco, we’re constantly striving to be the best employer possible. Your feedback helps us to do that! Thank you for your kind words.
- 1.0Jan 22, 2022HR Business PartnerFormer Employee
The benefits are decent and it’s a very large company with a wide variety of career options.
Senior leadership is new and driving the company into the ground. Supply Chain leadership has a good plan to improve upon deficiencies but the technology team can’t keep up and the finance team is driving a disconnected and shortsighted agenda. New HR leaders seem insincere and the HR team is almost ENTIRELY new. The people who actually know how to get things done are being pushed out of the department. Sysco is in trouble if they don’t get it together!3Sysco Response2y
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.
- 4.0Jun 2, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Good place to work pretty secure as long as you do your job and follow policies also have pretty good benefits
Sometimes the hours can be long but compansation is good
- 4.0Aug 18, 2017District Sales ManagerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsNashville, TN
Work with great people! Lots of room for advancement. Benefit package is great with 401k match after a period of time all with other great benefits.
The only con may be the size of the territory you are covering may be too small to ensure a good salary is possible1
- 4.0Apr 3, 2013Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsWilsonville, OR
Quite a bit of job stability as people always eat! Some great employees to go along with the usual office jerks. Sysco seemed to stay on top of technology and was very competitive with excellent benefits.
Known for not being super supportive of women in certain positions. You need to be able to deal with all of the typical office politics and then some. Also, not a lot of loyalty for senior employees.