KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sysco

Engaged Employer

Sysco

Add a Review

Sysco Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Nov 18, 2021

Found 192 of over 3,118 reviews

3.3
Sysco President and CEO Kevin Hourican
Kevin Hourican

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and inexpensive(in 337 reviews)
  • "Flexible and good pay.(in 258 reviews)
  • "There are a lot of really great people working hard everyday to do the right thing.(in 152 reviews)
  • "Good training and products to sell(in 66 reviews)
  • "Good money for warehouse ..always overtime ..stable job..benifits package pretty good as well..(in 61 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management extremely long hour its paid slave work be ready to work 6 days a week(in 154 reviews)
  • "The hours are long (endless really) and finding work/life balance is a daily struggle.(in 124 reviews)
  • "No work life balance since you're so exhausted you can't do anything on the weekends and have no time when you get off work.(in 104 reviews)
  • "Terrible upper management.(in 62 reviews)
  • "Certain managers are downright rude and more concerned with advancing their own career than the department they manage(in 46 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sysco and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work

Sep 29, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule and good benefits

Cons

As time goes on, comp plans change usually benefitting corporate/shareholders over the employees

Sysco Response

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company with great benefits and flexible scheduling. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Large, solid company taking on significant change at once

Nov 18, 2021 - Senior Director in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Industry leader, Stable company, good benefits

Cons

Technology outdated and trying to update everything at once while also delivering several additional initiatives that conflict with technology deployments. Poor vacation/PTO policy.

Sysco Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good pay, terrible work life balance

Nov 8, 2021 - Delivery Driver in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent, benefits are good.

Cons

Zero tolerance attendance policy, if you don’t have a paid day to use and call out you get written up and points against you. Work life balance is terrible and most weeks they want you to work 6 days a week!

Sysco Response

We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team didn’t adequately meet your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

4. 3.0

Has gone downhill

Oct 9, 2021 - Sales Associate in Rockford, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule, good benefits.

Cons

Constantly looking for ways to pay you less money

Sysco Response

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with Sysco. We’re proud of the benefits we offer and we’re committed to providing our associates with the tools and information they need to take full advantage of these offerings. We apologize that we have not met your expectations and will take this into consideration for the future.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

C

Sep 7, 2021 - Compliance Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large company with good benefits and salary

Cons

Not as much opportunity for job movement as you would think with a large corporation

Sysco Response

We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Warehouse selector

Aug 18, 2021 - Order Selector
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits are good. They also show appreciation towards their employees

Cons

You will work late hours and at least 1 Friday out of the month

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Purchasing department

Aug 24, 2021 - Merchandiser in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Free life insurance, full salary pay for maternity leave.

Cons

Favoritism in upper management. Yearly salary increase max 2%.

Sysco Response

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner! Sysco aims to provide the best management and support possible for our associates, and we take your feedback seriously. We encourage you to reach out to us at 877-777-4020 so that we can directly address your concerns.

8. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 21, 2021 - Regional Director of Revenue Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Industry leader great work environment good benefits

Cons

low annual salary increases and bonus'

Sysco Response

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company with a great work environment and benefits. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great pay poor management

Jul 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent compensation and good benefits

Cons

Work/life balance is terrible and management is poor

Sysco Response

We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team didn’t adequately meet your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

No work life balance

Aug 20, 2021 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits especially medical insurance. Decent 401k and LTI for managers and above. Not much else positive to say other than that

Cons

This is the most toxic work environment I have ever encountered. They talk a good game, but do not care about their employees work life balance at all.

Sysco Response

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working at Sysco. We take the safety and welfare of each associate very seriously and strive to provide the safest working conditions possible. We also take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail so that we may take appropriate corrective action.