Cover image for Sysco

Sysco

Engaged Employer

Sysco

Add a Review

Sysco Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Dec 1, 2022

3.2
Sysco President and CEO Kevin Hourican
Kevin Hourican

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and inexpensive(in 353 reviews)
  • "Flexible and good pay.(in 298 reviews)
  • "There are a lot of really great people working hard everyday to do the right thing.(in 161 reviews)
  • "Good money for warehouse ..always overtime ..stable job..benifits package pretty good as well..(in 70 reviews)
  • "Good training and products to sell(in 67 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management extremely long hour its paid slave work be ready to work 6 days a week(in 163 reviews)
  • "The hours are long (endless really) and finding work/life balance is a daily struggle.(in 147 reviews)
  • "No work life balance since you're so exhausted you can't do anything on the weekends and have no time when you get off work.(in 113 reviews)
  • "Terrible upper management.(in 62 reviews)
  • "Certain managers are downright rude and more concerned with advancing their own career than the department they manage(in 45 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sysco and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Overall great company

Jun 9, 2022 - Class A CDL Delivery Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great help and support. The benefits and pay are the best in my opinion. Of course the work is hard, but the support of the company and pay makes it worth it.

Cons

Really no cons, just work.

Sysco Response

We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!

2. 5.0

Good Experience

Dec 1, 2022 - Executive Chef and Culinary Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for. Room for growth and a good team atmosphere.

Cons

Some lines of communication could be improved

3. Join the Sysco team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Work hard. Be rewarded.

Nov 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility. Work from home/road locally. Compensation (if you remain committed to company and succeed).

Cons

Can’t turn it off. Six day a week customer delivery (mon-sat). Customers order Sunday. 9pm cutoff for next day ordering for some (not all) customers. Trucks are delivery as early as 5am. Customers, some, are working until midnight. Always need to be available for call/text/email. Control very little other than relationship.

Sysco Response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at Sysco. We understand how important it is to maintain balance and we’re glad that you’ve found that balance with us!

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work/life balance

Nov 30, 2022 - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Benefits Culture Diversity Women in leadership

Cons

Benefits arent that exceptional No IVF included Pay is not that great

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not worth it

Sep 28, 2022 - Market Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can get some good experience, pay is ok, looks good on resume

Cons

Terrible culture, very old school. There is a reason its a revolving door and they cant keep anyone. I'm sticking it out for another couple months so it doesnt look like I'm constantly jumping jobs, but the Upper Mgt here promotes a terrible culture. No investment in the people that are here and they're rude and disrespectful on top of it. I'm not talking the lower level mangment at the house level, they are great folks,. But I dont know any folks at my level that are not looking to jump ship. The VP's and above need to learn how to treat people with respect and not think everyone else is a Peon who will never be good enough... (not joking....thats the motivation style...tell you you suck and get you to Rise to the Challenge). Not a company I would want to work at for more than 2 years and I used to work at Amazon...that should tell you somthing.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Good Career Booster

Nov 19, 2022 - Finance Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good career booster but depending on position work/life balance can be a bit skewed towards work.

Cons

A lot of hours in the office

Sysco Response

We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Sysco. Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback and we wish you luck with your future endeavors!

8. 4.0

Great company

Nov 22, 2022 - Delivery Driver in Grand Junction, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment, great pay

Cons

Hard work, very physical in all weather conditions

Sysco Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team! We hope you continue to have a positive experience at Sysco.

9. 4.0

Great

Nov 19, 2022 - Director of Product Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

I can’t think of anything

Sysco Response

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. You are helping us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner!

10. 5.0

My experience

Nov 14, 2022 - Building Maintenance
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company always concerned about my personal health.

Cons

Some lack of communication between upper management and employees.