Cover image for Sysco

Sysco

Engaged Employer

Sysco

Add a Review

Sysco Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Sep 8, 2021

3.3
Sysco President and CEO Kevin Hourican
Kevin Hourican

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and inexpensive(in 353 reviews)
  • "Flexible and good pay.(in 298 reviews)
  • "There are a lot of really great people working hard everyday to do the right thing.(in 161 reviews)
  • "Good money for warehouse ..always overtime ..stable job..benifits package pretty good as well..(in 70 reviews)
  • "Good training and products to sell(in 67 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management extremely long hour its paid slave work be ready to work 6 days a week(in 163 reviews)
  • "The hours are long (endless really) and finding work/life balance is a daily struggle.(in 147 reviews)
  • "No work life balance since you're so exhausted you can't do anything on the weekends and have no time when you get off work.(in 113 reviews)
  • "Terrible upper management.(in 62 reviews)
  • "Certain managers are downright rude and more concerned with advancing their own career than the department they manage(in 45 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sysco and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love it Here

Jan 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- understanding bosses - flexible schedule - transparency among upper management

Cons

- cafeteria food is kind of pricy

Director

Thank you for providing positive feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. We appreciate all that you do, and we’re happy to hear that you are enjoying being a member of the Sysco team.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Purchasing department

Aug 24, 2021 - Merchandiser in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Free life insurance, full salary pay for maternity leave.

Cons

Favoritism in upper management. Yearly salary increase max 2%.

Sysco Response

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner! Sysco aims to provide the best management and support possible for our associates, and we take your feedback seriously. We encourage you to reach out to us at 877-777-4020 so that we can directly address your concerns.

3. Join the Sysco team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

It is not what they say it is. This company has a false positive culture.

Sep 8, 2021 - Sales Consultant in South Florida, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to distribution, logistics, and cash flow challenges within the F&B sector. You can learn a lot from this company.

Cons

Very low paying position for a 7 day a week job. Weak bonus structure is subjective, and changes every quarter based on corporate initiatives. Middle and upper management at the local OPCOs have limited latitude, and very little time to assist individuals. Corporate office has total control! This is a job for a young professional starting their career, or a seasoned individual looking for their last job right before retirement. If you have a family and you live in an expensive demographic, you will need an additional part time job. If you don't get promoted inside of 3 years, quit.

2 people found this review helpful

Sysco Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

HR is there to protect the company and its uneducated upper management

Jul 25, 2021 - Claims Adjuster in Baton Rouge, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life balance. Benefits. The company structure, if it applied in all departments would be great.

Cons

However, HR is there to protect the company and its uneducated upper management. The ethics line is a hoax. If you call in an issue and attempt to follow up there is no record of such report. Even when given a confirmation #. Micromanaged. If you play the game of office politics you'll fit right in.

Sysco Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Let me down and very underpaid

May 20, 2021 - Marketing Associate in Suffolk, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits as far as health care and 401K

Cons

Poor upper management and severely underpaid

1 person found this review helpful

Director

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with Sysco. We’re proud of the benefits we offer and we’re committed to providing our associates with the tools and information they need to take full advantage of these offerings. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations and will take this into consideration for the future.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Everything changed

Apr 30, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are great and work life balance

Cons

Underpaid upper management is all talk deliveries are a nightmare

Director

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. We take all viewpoints into consideration. We are committed to providing our associates with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good company to work for

Mar 26, 2021 - Marketing Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Technology, product list, transportation, product quality

Cons

Upper management, good old boys and politics

Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed and valued your time at Sysco. We appreciate your contributions to the company and we wish you the best of luck in the future!

9. 4.0