System Pavers Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
System Pavers CEO Larry Green
Larry Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The earning potential and environment is the best I have experienced in a corporate setting (in 5 reviews)

• Great work environment, with great people that work there (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • As a Design Consultant working evenings and weekends (in 4 reviews)

• There are no cons to this company (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for"

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing, well-structured, company. Lots of training.

Cons

Can be very challenging and fast-paced at times, not really a low-stress job.

2. "Sales & Marketing Machine that must be fed"

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not a 9-5 grind so you have some control over your schedule. Money can be good after long ramp up period. Positive sales environment.

Cons

They charge the customer twice as much as the competition and train you to use used car sales tactics to close the sale. Long drives to an appointment that wants 150 SF of turf. So much driving!

Advice to Management

2 mandatory unpaid office meetings a week. Really??

Dec 13, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

I’d like to thank you for your comments. We value all input as it lets us know how our employees feel so we can improve. I’d like to respond to some of your comments. System Pavers provides... More

3. "This company is awful, not trustworthy"

Former Employee - Canvasser in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Canvasser in Camarillo, CA

I worked at System Pavers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing. Awful company. Crappy pay.

Cons

Laid off hardworking people, that are producing results for what they were hired for.

Advice to Management

Think of people that work for you!
    Give a heads up if your changing direction. Being laid off in 1 day with no warning...not good business.

Dec 4, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is never an easy decision to lay off valuable employees. The company did not take that decision lightly. Canvassing as a form of lead generation was not working and... More

"Fantastic Learning Experience & Company Culture"

Former Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at System Pavers for over a year in the Marketing department.

The team is very supportive overall of each other and will make sure that you feel comfortable in the department while you work there. The other departments within System Pavers were also very friendly to each other which was a huge bonus.

The building is beautiful and you can take walks along the lake that's in the business park on your breaks if you choose to. Ping Pong is available to play as well on breaks if you like to play.

I was able to learn a huge amount in my field while I was there and they had a generous vacation time package that really helped with work/life balance.

One of the biggest highlights from my whole experience at System Pavers was that they offered a Leadership Class . It is run by a licensed life coach and I can honestly say that this class helped me in so many ways both professionally and personally and really helped boost my work productivity as well.

Cons

The wage I started at didn't feel very competitive for the city and state System Pavers (Corporate) is located, especially when I compared it to other professionals with similar experience (keeping in mind there are a lot of applicants in my field, so SP had an advantage with the hiring process). That was ultimately one of the main reasons why I left since the company itself and the people were one of my best work experiences I've had. I do want to mention however that I was offered a small raise at the annual time of reviews even though I only had been working there about 6 months, and it really made a difference in feeling more appreciated.

The traffic is rough, but everyone used to Southern California knows this already.

Advice to Management

I think higher (more competitive) starting wages can help retain employees, the benefits package is a huge selling point but at the end of the day there's the bottom line and wages are important. I also think some company-wide policies were modified within the Marketing department which caused some (mostly minor) frustrations because of the inconsistencies.

Overall System Pavers is doing a phenomenal job and they really do hire the best people for the job from what I've experienced. I would work for them again in a heartbeat if things were modified slightly.

5. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Union City, CA
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Union City, CA

I worked at System Pavers (More than a year)

Pros

Great Leadership, and awesome sales culture.

Cons

Takes a while to get your first pay check.

Advice to Management

Doing Great

"Look-out"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule, good benefits and bonus

Cons

you better produce non-stop from the minute you hit that sales floor, or you will get squeezed out very quick. Even if you've gone a long time produces some of the best numbers in the company, if you have one bad month, you will be packing your bags.

Advice to Management

take care of the people that bring you those big numbers. It's always about the numbers, but it can also be about being a decent human being too.

Jun 7, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you feel we do not care about our people as human beings. I have witnessed many examples of the company caring about our employees but for you... More

7. "I Love this Organization!!!!!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at System Pavers part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am able to meet new clients everyday. We are a very tight group and very supportive to each other. we are always working together to improve and be the best. The environment is always positive.

Cons

I don't own it! LOL THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!

Advice to Management

NOTHING keep driving us to be the best!

8. "Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will get out of this job whatever you are willing to put in. The support system and culture is built for you to be successful but you have to put the work and time in. Family-like culture and strong core values makes System Pavers second to none. By far the best in the business when it comes to quality in outdoor living space remodeling. Helps to have a creative side and the hunger to build your own business. Management is extremely supportive especially in the Camarillo Branch. They are there for us and are willing to go the extra mile to insure our success. Keep it up!

Cons

Family insurance could be much better and a decent 401k plan would be ideal.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing us. Keep teaching us. Continue to work on bettering the system of communication between the construction team and the design team. Continue rewarding the people that are working hard.

9. "Great Company, Great Culture!"

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is very well organized and is not an ordinary construction / building company. The management always focuses on making the company more effective, treats its employees with care and spends a lot of time on training and developing its more valuable resource - people. Lots of pros for a Design Consultant position: flexible schedule, no cap on the commission, great people and culture at the office, many bonus opportunities.

Cons

The schedule is sometimes unpredictable - pavers never sleep, working evenings and Saturdays is a must. Paycheck can be high on one payroll and low on another because it's based on commission, so managing your cash wisely is recommended.

Advice to Management

Incorporate the philosophy of Simon Sinek's book "Start With Why" to inspire employees to take on their jobs full-on and create extraordinary results.

10. "Thrilled to be Working for System Pavers!"

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a rapidly growing company so there are lots of areas for growth within the company. No micromanagement, a culture that encourages creative thinking, and highly supportive managers.

Cons

It's challenging to compete with some of the start-up environments of Silicon valley so it may not have the appeal of a Google or Facebook with amenities; but pretty advanced for the industry.

Advice to Management

Town Hall meetings for the entire corporation, not just local areas.