System Pavers Reviews | Glassdoor

System Pavers CEO Larry Green
Larry Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Can be very challenging and fast-paced at times, not really a low-stress job" (in 3 reviews)

• "Learning construction, design, and in-home sales is daunting for anyone, implausible for many" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

System Pavers has been a great choice for my career as they allow me to earn my potential and they are taking the company to the next level. The on boarding and support that you receive from not only your manager but from the CEO down is something I have never received in my career. They stand behind the vision, mission and process in which they follow that has proven to work for all.

Cons

The only con that I could even say is that there is so much potential to improve the hardscape of so many homes that there is truly allot of sales to close.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work that you have done for so many years by giving every employee the opportunity to earn and learn their potential! System Pavers is a great model.

2. "Amazing Company Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at System Pavers (More than a year)

Pros

I have the pleasure of working with passionate people who truly care about their jobs, co-workers, and clients. I respect our leaders who are always looking for ways to improve and evolve with the times. We embrace the use of technology not only for our customers but also for our employees. I love my job!

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Please keep on being visionaries! Thank you for all that you do.

3. "No ability to promote"

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

set hours, steady work, steady pay

Cons

no employee reviews and if so not done on time, no raises, no ability to promote or try new positions.

Advice to Management

Giving monthly or even yearly feedback, is helpful to employee growth. Having an HR in place is supposed to have the employees back if an actual serious matter occurs, not just the best interest of the company to brush it under the rug.

Sep 13, 2018

There is always room for improvement so I appreciate your comments. I am not sure what your position was with the company or who your manager was so am unable to give any feedback as to your reviews... More

4. "All talk no action"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Pros

Nice people and the company has a vision. They try to create community. However, lot of shady things happen. The building is nice

Cons

Poor management, a lot of talk but no action. It seemed like a good place to be until I took a step back and they make it very clear that everyone is easily replaceable.

Advice to Management

Be a role model of how you want your team to be

Jul 19, 2018

Thank you for your review. If you are willing to share more concerning your comments, we are very interested in what you have to say. Please give us a call at 949-263-8300 and ask to speak with... More

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For those that are serious about doing a good job and who work diligently, System Pavers is a rewarding company to work for.

Cons

Not really a "con" but the company is growing and is updating and improving systems and processes all the time. That's good in the long run but tough in the short run.

6. "Great Team Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Happy, helpful work place! Everyone is team oriented with a family like culture. Added bonus - gym with trainer!!!!

Cons

The benefits are basic and could be richer.

Advice to Management

More cross training

"Design Consultant"

I worked at System Pavers full-time

Pros

Excellent Freedom. Pay was good once.

Cons

Used to be sales. They want you to be a "Designer". Pricing is absurd. They will take your commission anyway they can.

Advice to Management

Be competitive on pricing. If you want sales people to be designers then you need to give them salary. So much wasting time on designs that hardly anybody can afford.

May 17, 2018 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Yes, we are going through a transition moving to providing extraordinary design and delivery to our customers. We are taking this step by... More

8. "manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

decent pay if you can upsell, if not good luck

Cons

They work you to the bone and squeeze every bit of enthusiasm out of you, then cut your pay and leave you for dead. on to the next victim.

Advice to Management

Those that have been faithfull to you should be listened to. some of your upper managers are blaming their people for downfalls and not properly managing.

May 2, 2018 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

We appreciate your time to provide feedback and would like to speak with you offline. We very much would like to learn more to understand your comments and your experience you had at System Pavers... More

9. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, provide you with leads, paid training.

Cons

Leads suck, not very many leads, system pavers have priced themselves out of the market. They aren't competitive with the market. Once u finally sell a deal you have to fight with construction for your money. It's aweful!! Save yourself. They spent so much money on their showroom that they had to raise their prices to pay for it.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't care. They are over worked and under payed. Upper management and top trainers and owners are out of touch.

May 17, 2018 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing us an opportunity to hear your feedback and respond. System Pavers does provide our sales consultant with leads. As far as bad leads, any person that shows interest is a... More

10. "Don't quit your current job before you commit to System Pavers"

I worked at System Pavers full-time

Pros

Seems like a great company, nice people and benefits.

Cons

When I applied to System Pavers they told me they wanted me to start as soon as possible and that they were going to send me to Santa Ana for a week of training. What they didn't tell me, BEFORE I QUIT MY CURRENT JOB, was that I was going to have to pass a test at the end of the week, if you don't pass they don't actually hire you. There was a ton of information that you have to learn, way to much to absorb it all in 4 days. I missed by a few points and now I have no job.

Advice to Management

Tell applicants, if they are currently employed, not to quit their job until they pass your test.

Apr 19, 2018 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback on your experience concerning your sales training week. Unfortunately, we do have failures, over the years it has averaged about 10% of everyone who has come to class... More