System Pavers Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
System Pavers CEO Larry Green
Larry Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work environment, with great people that work there" (in 6 reviews)

• "Flexible Schedule, Extremely Supportive Management, Fun & Exciting Office Environment, Unlimited Earning Potential" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "As a Design Consultant working evenings and weekends" (in 4 reviews)

• "Can be very challenging and fast-paced at times, not really a low-stress job" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

System Pavers has been a great choice for my career as they allow me to earn my potential and they are taking the company to the next level. The on boarding and support that you receive from not only your manager but from the CEO down is something I have never received in my career. They stand behind the vision, mission and process in which they follow that has proven to work for all.

Cons

The only con that I could even say is that there is so much potential to improve the hardscape of so many homes that there is truly allot of sales to close.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work that you have done for so many years by giving every employee the opportunity to earn and learn their potential! System Pavers is a great model.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For those that are serious about doing a good job and who work diligently, System Pavers is a rewarding company to work for.

Cons

Not really a "con" but the company is growing and is updating and improving systems and processes all the time. That's good in the long run but tough in the short run.

3. "Great Team Environment"

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Happy, helpful work place! Everyone is team oriented with a family like culture. Added bonus - gym with trainer!!!!

Cons

The benefits are basic and could be richer.

Advice to Management

More cross training

"Design Consultant"

I worked at System Pavers full-time

Pros

Excellent Freedom. Pay was good once.

Cons

Used to be sales. They want you to be a "Designer". Pricing is absurd. They will take your commission anyway they can.

Advice to Management

Be competitive on pricing. If you want sales people to be designers then you need to give them salary. So much wasting time on designs that hardly anybody can afford.

May 17, 2018 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Yes, we are going through a transition moving to providing extraordinary design and delivery to our customers. We are taking this step by... More

5. "manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

decent pay if you can upsell, if not good luck

Cons

They work you to the bone and squeeze every bit of enthusiasm out of you, then cut your pay and leave you for dead. on to the next victim.

Advice to Management

Those that have been faithfull to you should be listened to. some of your upper managers are blaming their people for downfalls and not properly managing.

May 2, 2018 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

We appreciate your time to provide feedback and would like to speak with you offline. We very much would like to learn more to understand your comments and your experience you had at System Pavers... More

6. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, provide you with leads, paid training.

Cons

Leads suck, not very many leads, system pavers have priced themselves out of the market. They aren't competitive with the market. Once u finally sell a deal you have to fight with construction for your money. It's aweful!! Save yourself. They spent so much money on their showroom that they had to raise their prices to pay for it.

Advice to Management

Management doesn't care. They are over worked and under payed. Upper management and top trainers and owners are out of touch.

May 17, 2018 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing us an opportunity to hear your feedback and respond. System Pavers does provide our sales consultant with leads. As far as bad leads, any person that shows interest is a... More

7. "Don't quit your current job before you commit to System Pavers"

I worked at System Pavers full-time

Pros

Seems like a great company, nice people and benefits.

Cons

When I applied to System Pavers they told me they wanted me to start as soon as possible and that they were going to send me to Santa Ana for a week of training. What they didn't tell me, BEFORE I QUIT MY CURRENT JOB, was that I was going to have to pass a test at the end of the week, if you don't pass they don't actually hire you. There was a ton of information that you have to learn, way to much to absorb it all in 4 days. I missed by a few points and now I have no job.

Advice to Management

Tell applicants, if they are currently employed, not to quit their job until they pass your test.

Apr 19, 2018 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback on your experience concerning your sales training week. Unfortunately, we do have failures, over the years it has averaged about 10% of everyone who has come to class... More

"Designer"

Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Designer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of training and support from local and corporate management. This is not a job, it’s a career that is rewarding financially and personally. Management pushes work/life balance and personal growth... this is a team environment. W2 vs 1099 is huge!! This is a real place of business with w2 employees that are focused on selling the best product in the industry.

Cons

401k match could be improved. Not really cons.. just know nothing comes easy in life that is worth anything

Advice to Management

Never forget sales is the backbone of this company!! Construction needs sales to survive,a lot of power is given to construction

9. "Fantastic leadership in upper management. Rough feast or famine pay."

Former Employee - Design Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in San Jose, CA

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom, strong support from management, work outside mostly, rewarding work, company is solid and ethical, catered food, car allowance, great pay if you like the grind

Cons

Commission only, high prices of product, low prices of unethical competitors makes it difficult to effectively compete with a competitive price

Advice to Management

None. Management is fantastic

"Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Union City, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Union City, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, benefits available

Cons

Learning construction, design, and in-home sales is daunting for anyone, implausible for many.