System Pavers Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
System Pavers CEO Larry Green
Larry Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The earning potential and environment is the best I have experienced in a corporate setting (in 5 reviews)

• Great work environment, with great people that work there (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • As a Design Consultant working evenings and weekends (in 4 reviews)

• There are no cons to this company (in 3 reviews)

1. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Union City, CA
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Union City, CA

I worked at System Pavers (More than a year)

Pros

Great Leadership, and awesome sales culture.

Cons

Takes a while to get your first pay check.

Advice to Management

Doing Great

"Look-out"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own schedule, good benefits and bonus

Cons

you better produce non-stop from the minute you hit that sales floor, or you will get squeezed out very quick. Even if you've gone a long time produces some of the best numbers in the company, if you have one bad month, you will be packing your bags.

Advice to Management

take care of the people that bring you those big numbers. It's always about the numbers, but it can also be about being a decent human being too.

System Pavers Response

Jun 7, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you feel we do not care about our people as human beings. I have witnessed many examples of the company caring about our employees but for you... More

3. "I Love this Organization!!!!!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at System Pavers part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am able to meet new clients everyday. We are a very tight group and very supportive to each other. we are always working together to improve and be the best. The environment is always positive.

Cons

I don't own it! LOL THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!

Advice to Management

NOTHING keep driving us to be the best!

4. "Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will get out of this job whatever you are willing to put in. The support system and culture is built for you to be successful but you have to put the work and time in. Family-like culture and strong core values makes System Pavers second to none. By far the best in the business when it comes to quality in outdoor living space remodeling. Helps to have a creative side and the hunger to build your own business. Management is extremely supportive especially in the Camarillo Branch. They are there for us and are willing to go the extra mile to insure our success. Keep it up!

Cons

Family insurance could be much better and a decent 401k plan would be ideal.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing us. Keep teaching us. Continue to work on bettering the system of communication between the construction team and the design team. Continue rewarding the people that are working hard.

5. "Great Company, Great Culture!"

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is very well organized and is not an ordinary construction / building company. The management always focuses on making the company more effective, treats its employees with care and spends a lot of time on training and developing its more valuable resource - people. Lots of pros for a Design Consultant position: flexible schedule, no cap on the commission, great people and culture at the office, many bonus opportunities.

Cons

The schedule is sometimes unpredictable - pavers never sleep, working evenings and Saturdays is a must. Paycheck can be high on one payroll and low on another because it's based on commission, so managing your cash wisely is recommended.

Advice to Management

Incorporate the philosophy of Simon Sinek's book "Start With Why" to inspire employees to take on their jobs full-on and create extraordinary results.

6. "Thrilled to be Working for System Pavers!"

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a rapidly growing company so there are lots of areas for growth within the company. No micromanagement, a culture that encourages creative thinking, and highly supportive managers.

Cons

It's challenging to compete with some of the start-up environments of Silicon valley so it may not have the appeal of a Google or Facebook with amenities; but pretty advanced for the industry.

Advice to Management

Town Hall meetings for the entire corporation, not just local areas.

7. "Outstanding Company, Exceptional Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are too many pros to mention in one review! This is a place that hires talented people and then supports them to great success. I've worked for great companies, large and small, and none of them could come close to the vibe and culture created by System Pavers. We have such a great time working hard, changing the exterior design of people's homes, working with the best installers in the industry, and being paid well to do all of it! The company has been in business for almost 25 years and knows exactly how to make customers happy, and for someone in my position, that is of the utmost importance.

Cons

These are not cons but just recommendations to anyone considering working here. Bring your "A" game because that's what we are all about. Be prepared for a learning curve as there is a lot of necessary industry knowledge you'll need to acclimate yourself with. Be OK with driving a lot, working evenings and parts of your weekends. The upside to the schedule is you can recapture time off in the mornings and early afternoons.

Advice to Management

Please don't change a thing! Keep up the amazing support you provide, keep us as the official industry leaders in our field, and continue to pay us well!

8. "Assistant Construction coordinator"

Current Employee - Assistant Construction Coordinator in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Construction Coordinator in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible environment to learn and grow. Fantastic employees and managers who support and encourage daily.

Cons

Division between sales and construction.

Advice to Management

Would like to see more team building and comraderie opportunities presented to employees to encourage stronger relationships throughout office

"Ups and downs"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, with great people that work there. Not stuck in an office all the time. Good benefits

Cons

Ragging out your car with crazy miles driven. Lack of design training. Odd working schedule.

Advice to Management

Give your designers more stability, and quit just having a revolving door of employees in and out of there. Adjust pricing to meet the rest of the market.

10. "SP"

Current Employee - Construction Coordinator in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Construction Coordinator in Santa Ana, CA

Pros

it's a company all about team culture. The entire staff is always motivated to help and improve employee communication, collaboration, wellness and performance.

Cons

none at this time, all good.

Advice to Management

Thank you!