System Pavers Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
System Pavers CEO Larry Green
Larry Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work environment, with great people that work there (in 6 reviews)

• Flexible Schedule, Extremely Supportive Management, Fun & Exciting Office Environment, Unlimited Earning Potential (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • As a Design Consultant working evenings and weekends (in 4 reviews)

• Can be very challenging and fast-paced at times, not really a low-stress job (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Purpose Motivated Culture"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

System Pavers offers a solid pathway to a successful and fulfilling work life.
    We promote an uplifting and success-oriented culture of our organization. Our leadership not only values each and every one of our associates, we are committed to your personal development and success. People enjoy working here, helping homeowners make their outdoor living dreams a reality.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Union City, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Union City, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential, benefits available

Cons

Learning construction, design, and in-home sales is daunting for anyone, implausible for many.

3. "Construction Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, everyone works as a team which makes the job both enjoyable and stress free.

Cons

They do not inform people of changes in bonus structure. You just receive a surprise check worth a significantly lower amount of money. There also is not much room for growth.

Advice to Management

Construction management on site is great, off site management could use some work. I suggest, when implementing new policies, they email out instructions/guidelines to the heads of departments at all locations rather then implement changes at headquarters and expect other locations to magically know them. And maybe do not "fix" a policy that is not broken, it only confuses things. (This was done often)

Jan 19, 2018 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review. We read all reviews and use them to improve. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working at System Pavers. You mention not being informed of a change in bonus structure... More

"Canvassing dapertment"

I have been working at System Pavers full-time

Pros

Honestly out of my whole careers and experiences I’ve had. by far system pavers canvassing department has impressed and amazed me, in so many ways. Starting with there smile there interactive, kind, very respectful, and professional. Overall I love system pavers and there work there pitch is successful and the team and diversity sucessful .

Cons

I think the cons Of this company is just nothing I can’t think of one bad thing of the canvassing department

Advice to Management

The manager the supervisor and the team is doing great 2017 left with the banger . I hope they do it again and keep same team

5. "canvassing department"

Current Employee - Canvasser in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Canvasser in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time

Pros

team is great. bosses are very professional. bosses make sure everything is covered- like getting the complete training. team is energized everyday. so much nicer to work with an awesome team. i get to learn something new everyday. work atmosphere is fair. everybody tries to pull each other up.

Cons

ah. i don't see any cons as of the moment. really

Advice to Management

like i said, the bosses are very professional, so everything is properly covered. no worries here.

6. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing, well-structured, company. Lots of training.

Cons

Can be very challenging and fast-paced at times, not really a low-stress job.

"Sales & Marketing Machine that must be fed"

Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Design/Sales Consultant

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not a 9-5 grind so you have some control over your schedule. Money can be good after long ramp up period. Positive sales environment.

Cons

They charge the customer twice as much as the competition and train you to use used car sales tactics to close the sale. Long drives to an appointment that wants 150 SF of turf. So much driving!

Advice to Management

2 mandatory unpaid office meetings a week. Really??

Dec 13, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

I’d like to thank you for your comments. We value all input as it lets us know how our employees feel so we can improve. I’d like to respond to some of your comments. System Pavers provides... More

8. "This company is awful, not trustworthy"

Former Employee - Canvasser in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Canvasser in Camarillo, CA

I worked at System Pavers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing. Awful company. Crappy pay.

Cons

Laid off hardworking people, that are producing results for what they were hired for.

Advice to Management

Think of people that work for you!
    Give a heads up if your changing direction. Being laid off in 1 day with no warning...not good business.

Dec 4, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is never an easy decision to lay off valuable employees. The company did not take that decision lightly. Canvassing as a form of lead generation was not working and... More

"Fantastic Learning Experience & Company Culture"

Former Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at System Pavers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at System Pavers for over a year in the Marketing department.

The team is very supportive overall of each other and will make sure that you feel comfortable in the department while you work there. The other departments within System Pavers were also very friendly to each other which was a huge bonus.

The building is beautiful and you can take walks along the lake that's in the business park on your breaks if you choose to. Ping Pong is available to play as well on breaks if you like to play.

I was able to learn a huge amount in my field while I was there and they had a generous vacation time package that really helped with work/life balance.

One of the biggest highlights from my whole experience at System Pavers was that they offered a Leadership Class . It is run by a licensed life coach and I can honestly say that this class helped me in so many ways both professionally and personally and really helped boost my work productivity as well.

Cons

The wage I started at didn't feel very competitive for the city and state System Pavers (Corporate) is located, especially when I compared it to other professionals with similar experience (keeping in mind there are a lot of applicants in my field, so SP had an advantage with the hiring process). That was ultimately one of the main reasons why I left since the company itself and the people were one of my best work experiences I've had. I do want to mention however that I was offered a small raise at the annual time of reviews even though I only had been working there about 6 months, and it really made a difference in feeling more appreciated.

The traffic is rough, but everyone used to Southern California knows this already.

Advice to Management

I think higher (more competitive) starting wages can help retain employees, the benefits package is a huge selling point but at the end of the day there's the bottom line and wages are important. I also think some company-wide policies were modified within the Marketing department which caused some (mostly minor) frustrations because of the inconsistencies.

Overall System Pavers is doing a phenomenal job and they really do hire the best people for the job from what I've experienced. I would work for them again in a heartbeat if things were modified slightly.

10. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Design Consultant in Union City, CA
    Former Employee - Design Consultant in Union City, CA

I worked at System Pavers (More than a year)

Pros

Great Leadership, and awesome sales culture.

Cons

Takes a while to get your first pay check.

Advice to Management

Doing Great