KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 135 of over 136 reviews

3.3
System Pavers CEO Larry Green
Larry Green
Pros
  • "Amazing training, designing people’s dream out door living space, great pay structure fun work environment, financially rewarding(in 9 reviews)

• "Great people to work with, positive work environment, catered lunches on Wednesdays and breakfasts on Fridays(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "lots of driving(in 4 reviews)

• "As a Design Consultant working evenings and weekends(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of System Pavers and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Amazing Job

Jan 18, 2021 - Design Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Opportunities and lifestyle it can provide

Cons

None this company is great

System Pavers Response

Thank you so much for reaching out with this great review!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work for!

Aug 13, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good at motivating employees. They also do well to highlight successes which really boosts morale.

Cons

Long hours, but you go into the job knowing that. Project management is for a particular type of person who doesn't back down from the work ahead of them.

System Pavers Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your comments!

3. 1.0

Fired without notice

Aug 20, 2021 - Design Consultant in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They teach you an extensive sales presentation to share with clients

Cons

I was hired for SP and I spent 50 hour work weeks studying to get through their virtual training class. They would keep me in class for 7 hours a day then tell me over and over I was not where they wanted me to be in learning the material. (how was I supposed to memorize a presentation when they had me in class half the day?) They would pep talk each student one by one, after the quiz the next morning. Every few minutes they would ask for a physical thumbs up to show we were engaged. This got old real fast. After I finished the training class my manager called me up and fired me without hesitation. He said the trainers didn't like me. One of them went behind my back to my manager. Not once did the trainers say anything to me that would have made me think I was disliked. I was shocked to say the least. Completely blindsided, I did not see this coming. Looking back, I think it was because I left a poor review, on the feedback card, expressing how I thought the training class could have been better if they gave us more time to study on our own instead of having us read the presentation over and over as a group. I have a family and I made a big life change to work for System Pavers. I was treated so poorly. I hope no one else goes through what I went through.

3 people found this review helpful

System Pavers Response

We appreciate your review, and always want to hear from our employees whether good or bad. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one for you. We almost always receive very favorable feedback in regards to our training program which is regarded as the best in the industry by many of our successful sales representatives. It’s structured to provide consistent feedback throughout the training process because our goal is to help you be successful. The program has a proven history of providing the foundational knowledge needed for a long and prosperous career. The class time is to help each student understand and learn the material, some of which is done by repetition. Any study time after class would be to help memorize what you covered in class. Our Trainers take pride in being available to help our students, provide meaningful feedback, and to give additional help to anyone that needs it. We want all our students to enjoy the learning process and take away everything they need to be successful once they get out selling. I want to again thank you for your review and I wish you the best in your future endeavors

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent

Oct 18, 2021 - Construction Coordinator in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent company to collect a pay check from.

Cons

not very modern. overpriced rocks.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible company

Sep 17, 2021 - Project Manager in Union City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Set your own schedule as a PM

Cons

Poor management: The poor managements way of “fixing” things is to cause high turnover at the lowest level jobs. Nothing is ever addressed appropriately. The higher levels of management are rewarded on jobs sold and not on the success of the company. So they care little about the quality of projects making their way into PMs hands. Good talent is usually disregarded or let go if not willing to play by the crooked rules of SP while inadequate employees willing to lie, cheat, and steal from clients are rewarded with promotions.

System Pavers Response

Thank you for taking the time to write System Pavers a review on Glassdoor. It is important for us to hear what we are doing well and what we need to improve upon. We are surprised at the one-star review and are not happy that your experience working here has been unsatisfactory which means that in your case, we have failed somewhere along the line. Since you are a current employee at System Pavers, I hope you are attending our monthly Town Hall meetings. If you are attending, you have been hearing all the great work our company is doing in ensuring System Pavers continues to be a great company to work for. The last meeting focused on our Project Managers and the improvements being made to make the Project Manager position easier which you state is your position. You say you are working in our Union City office. System Pavers has an Open-Door policy, and we encourage everyone to voice their concerns. We take all feedback seriously in our quest to improve things. After showing this review, the Regional Operations Manager is urging you to speak with him and share your insight and concerns. We are here to make this a great place to work. Again, thank you for the feedback.

6. 5.0

Opportunity is here

Aug 5, 2021 - Brand Ambassador in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Good Pay, Nice Atmosphere. Great and friendly boss.

Cons

None that I can think of. I liked working for the company.

1 person found this review helpful

System Pavers Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us this great review!

7. 4.0

COVID took my job

Jul 29, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commission on sales. Friendly employees.

Cons

When covid hit they let go of employees without opportunity in our branches. Never got full commission.

System Pavers Response

Thank you for your review. Because of COVID, System Pavers had to make difficult decisions. Our priority was the safety of our employees and following federal, state and local guidelines with regards to COVID. We had to make an about shift in how we do business. Because of that, we have been able to weather the storm. Unfortunately, that shift affected a few positions and good people like you. I wish you all the best.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic culture that's always improving

May 26, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and fun culture Flexible hours and scheduling On-site gym Good relationships between managers and employees

Cons

not enough vacation days/holidays not much else :)

System Pavers Response

Thank you so much for your review! We love hearing from our great employees.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great product, fun, but lots of driving!

Jul 7, 2021 - Mechanical Design Engineer in Santa Ana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training! Superior product Peer sales team was helpful

Cons

Lots of driving work 6 days/week 100% Commission

System Pavers Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate you acknowledging our fantastic training and the great products we offer. We are continuously looking at making System Pavers better and your input is appreciated. We wish you the best.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor Corporate Decisions

Apr 6, 2021 - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I rather enjoyed most coworkers, I worked with in SD branch.

Cons

Corporate made poor business decisions building a training program that wasn’t working out. This led to changing bonus structures on fly, after our branch began hitting bonus after bonus. You have to check your pay stubs to make sure you get paid out on bonuses you’ve earned. Laid off at start of Covid-19, soon after construction manager and sales manager were laid off replaced by some of the training program employees. Seemingly using COVID to make some room to place employees from the training program (which no longer exists). Pay for subcontractors is already low, but they try to not pay them for extra work that they actually bill homeowners for.

System Pavers Response

Thank you for leaving your response. We do appreciate all comments good and bad. System Pavers has been in business for over 30 years and we take great pride in ensuring that our employees and subcontractors are paid fairly, timely and accurately, which has allowed us to continue in business for this long. Unfortunately, COVID hit our business as it did many others and we did have to make decisions such as lay offs , like so many others. We wish all of our staff past and present the best in all their endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 135 Reviews