Systemax Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Larry Reinhold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Chaos, lie, no structure, no improvment, low salary(of course Vice presidents have very good package) (in 3 reviews)

• Ridiculously unsocial working hours, nothing as promised or stated in your contract (in 3 reviews)

"average place.."

Pros

nice people, nice location, management is not that great!

Cons

management is not that great!

May 9, 2016 – Manager Content and Social Media

We appreciate your feedback and we take all constructive criticism to heart. As you may know, we have significantly expanded our product offerings in recent years, made numerous changes in our... More

".Net Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Systemax full-time

Pros

I worked with Systemax about 1.5 years. My team was great.

Cons

Company does not care about the employees, lack of interaction.

May 9, 2016 – Manager Content and Social Media

We appreciate your feedback and we take all constructive criticism to heart. As you may know, we have made a lot of changes - one of which was the appointment of a new CEO. One of our priorities... More

"closed down"

Pros

Just a pay check to get you by

Cons

Divided company. Dosnt care about the little people

4. "Email Marketing Specialist"

I have been working at Systemax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Job Creatively and analytical for trends. Exceptional learning experience

Cons

Compensation and acknowledgement needs improvement.

"SYX ok place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Systemax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities and a good place to learn.

Cons

Executive management is not well organized

Apr 26, 2017 – Manager Content and Social Media

We do appreciate your feedback and that you see the growth opportunities we offer here. We do review all constructive criticism in order to effect change where it is needed. We have gone through a... More

"Not Good"

Current Employee - IT Helpdesk in Jefferson, GA
    Current Employee - IT Helpdesk in Jefferson, GA

Pros

Nothing what so ever that I can think of.

Cons

Poor business decisions and horrible benefits.

"Don't walk, run away as far as you can get and quickly as you can"

I have been working at Systemax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The coworkers who aren't in management nice to work with for the most part. There is literally nothing else positive here.

Cons

HR rep c an never be reached when needed, Poor pay. Company consistently puts off paying you or tries not to pay you beyond the meager base salary. No internal technology that actually works well in a company that sells technology. They take the cheapest way out, cut corners and don't listen to what's really needed when they're being shown by a consultant how to build a strong company. PTO is pretty much non-existent with vacation, sick time and personal days being lumped together into a two week period that has to be accrued over the year. Insurance is expensive, out of pocket for premiums, co-pays and everything that insurance doesn't cover are very high. Bare bones insurance that doesn't pay for much. Sales reps are micro-managed to death, there's no trust of employees so security to get in and out of the building and even from one end of the building or different floors of the building takes a ridiculous amount of time. Management is back stabbing and will be your pal until it suits them to do otherwise. No respect for hard work done by the "worker bee" level of employees. Everyone is treated like a lazy felon unless they manage to get "in" with a manager. At that point that "in" person can get away with anything they want. No work/life balance, no work from home because upper management doesn't trust anyone to actually work if they're not under the watchful eye of management. They advertise themselves as a true Business to Business company but you can buy a server, storage, software, cables and diapers, picnic tables, party decorations, potato chips and baby food all on the same order. They're a knock-off retail company with a pretend B2B presence. Sales meetings are more like Tupperware rah-rah meetings and upper management screams that they will not lose a deal. There is no hot water in any faucet in the office. The women's has only one of two sinks that work. When something breaks they just leave it broken. Working office equipment is at a bare minimum.

Advice to Management

Respect the employees who bring in the money that pays your salary. Pay your employees so they don't need to work two jobs or just go broke while putting in endless hours of unappreciated work. Trust your employees to work from home and don't treat them as guilty of being lazy and untrustworthy before you've even given them a chance. Invest in a complete software program for order entry, customer service, shipping, and accounting that functions as a whole piece and not cobbled together pieces of software from the various acquisitions you've made and pretend that it works. Try to create an environment that doesn't make everyone dread walking into the building every day.

"Review of life at Systemax"

I have been working at Systemax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good mgmt team to work .
    Efficient teams all over the enterprise.
    Everyone is dedicated to make the company grow

Cons

Lack of HR professionals to change the culture and focus on employee happiness at workplace.
    ZERO - Work ethics/ employee trust/motivation
    NO work from HOME
    Lack of pro-activeness
    Aggressive time tracking and micro MGMT of every minute
    Poor work life flexibility / balance
    not so good benefits
    More than required security/tracking at each step of work task including access to buildings / floors

Advice to Management

People dedicate more-than 70% of life to workplace. Hence its important for the employer to focus on people instead of just business growth at all times.
    Get more current generation HR professionals to change the culture.
    Employee trust , Empowerment and Culture shift makes such a difference to the overall growth of the organization.
    Take anonymous polls from employees to identify weak areas of culture.
    Enable employees as trusted leaders of the company.
    we need to generate more great leaders than followers to grow fast.
    Too many controls in place to navigate through the processes
    Please review the security practices, security control polices and relax them by trusting employees where needed.

"Systemax"

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Systemax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good security, nice work environment.

Cons

They could pay better. It's hard to move up.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers more.

"Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Systemax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You're on your own to creatively arrive at solution with hands-off management. The senior management team seems to be competent. The company deals with their vendors appropriately.

Cons

Very little PTO given less than 5 years working with the company. Personal, sick, and vacation time is all lumped together in PTO... Too much time has been invested outside of the full-time required working hours to not be compensated when opportunities arise. Prior knowledge base and achievements are weighed too lightly in the potential value of the employee.

Advice to Management

Set mandatory annual reviews to keep employees motivated and interested in staying on task. More transparency is required between management and employees.

Apr 26, 2017 – Manager Content and Social Media

We appreciate your feedback and we take all constructive criticism to heart. We have gone through a few changes within the company in the past few years and we are working to address... More