Systemax Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Larry Reinhold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Chaos, lie, no structure, no improvment, low salary(of course Vice presidents have very good package) (in 3 reviews)

• No structure, there is a huge gap between employers and management (in 3 reviews)

1. "Senior Account Manger"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Systemax full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company lets the account manager handle all aspects of needs related to the customer. The account manager does the prospecting, the relationship management, the presentation and sales, as well as the customer service. The account manager even does their own collections. This leads to a well-rounded, education for the account manager and a close relationship with the customer.

Cons

While local management cared, the corporation was heartless and did not truly care about anything but their bottom line.

Advice to Management

Start to really care about your employees. Until you truly care about more than your bottom line, you will not be successful.

Apr 26, 2017 – Manager Content and Social Media

We appreciate your feedback and we take all constructive criticism to heart. One of our new priorities is to promote a company-wide culture of strong communication in our workplace and increased... More

"Systemax"

Pros

Coworkers are understanding and great to get along with, benefits are low-mid grade (but okay), big company with big revenues. It's alright to work here ONLY for a few months if you cannot find another job. This company seriously hires anyone. Some people routinely cough like they are severely sick, and a handful of people smell like cigarettes any hour of the day. The company also has favorites who they routinely promote. I would STRONGLY discourage anyone to consider working here over a year. Only work here for less than a year or you will lose more than you will gain.

Cons

TURNOVER RATE IS HIGH!! That comes with heavy consequence for the workers that continue to work there since management dumps the work for 30-40 people on nearly half that amount of people. During the interview, the interviewer or hiring manager makes it seem like Systemax is a stable company. There is a disconnect of reality (in terms of expectations) between management and subordinates. It sometimes seems that management is not qualified to hold their respective positions. The pay at Systemax does not meet industry standards. Management comes off in a "nice" demeanor when they pull you to the side to discuss meeting your monthly performance measures. Behind your back, they will decide not to increase your wage and won't tell you why unless you repeatedly ask. Management does not get back to you on things, especially interdependent concerns that might make management look bad or like they were slacking off.

Advice to Management

If I can give management a score, I would give them a 2.0 out of 10. I have no advice for management because this company seems like it will not learn how to treat its employees. The turnover and termination percentages reflect what I am talking about. But I would strongly recommend prospective employees (or current employees) to work here for a short period of time if you cannot find a job elsewhere. Once you get hired here and on the payroll, continue applying to other companies for jobs. Systemax executives are only after the high revenues, not a stable/healthy company culture or the wellbeing of employees. If an emergency happens to an employee while at work, Systemax will look to see if they can replace the employee with a new one before checking on the well being on the current employee. Or at least, it seems that way. They are extremely cut-throat for hourly-waged positions.

Something I doubt that will ever happen, but if Systemax ever requires you to work for a long-term (i.e. contract), run far away and dodge this company. I would say, working here is only good for 4-6 months. You'll start hating this place in a month of working here. Working here will be one of your worse work experiences. Heed my warning. If you are not convinced, read the other reviews on this company.

"Tigerdirect"

Former Employee - FLORIDA in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - FLORIDA in Miami, FL

Pros

Nice coworkers and middle mgmt.

Cons

Poor upper mgmt. Company had no direction or identity.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

Apr 26, 2017 – Manager Content and Social Media

We do appreciate your feedback we are sorry that you were laid off. We've gone through a lot of changes in the past few years and unfortunately, employee attrition was one of them. We do review all... More

".Net Developer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Systemax full-time

Pros

I worked with Systemax about 1.5 years. My team was great.

Cons

Company does not care about the employees, lack of interaction.

May 9, 2016 – Manager Content and Social Media

We appreciate your feedback and we take all constructive criticism to heart. As you may know, we have made a lot of changes - one of which was the appointment of a new CEO. One of our priorities... More

5. "Email Marketing Specialist"

I have been working at Systemax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Job Creatively and analytical for trends. Exceptional learning experience

Cons

Compensation and acknowledgement needs improvement.

"Good Company Gone Bad"

Former Employee - Web Designer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Miami, FL

I worked at Systemax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated Talented under compensated employees. Really want to do well.

Cons

Incompetent upper/middle management, that always want to point fingers and associate blame. No clear vision for the company. Reactionary to problems - poor planning efforts.

Advice to Management

Compensate your talent. Don't make everyone threaten to leave before you recognize their worth.

"Ok for short term"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

Local management was cognizant on the associate's needs

Cons

Corporate management does not care

Advice to Management

treat the associates like they are valuabel

Apr 26, 2017 – Manager Content and Social Media

We do appreciate your feedback and we take all constructive criticism to heart. We have gone through a few changes within the company in the past few years and we are working to address... More

"Low pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Systemax (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good fellow employees and good work experience

Cons

Salary's in general are low
    Not a place to work if looking to stay at a company for a long time.

"Systemax"

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Systemax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good security, nice work environment.

Cons

They could pay better. It's hard to move up.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers more.

"Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at Systemax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You're on your own to creatively arrive at solution with hands-off management. The senior management team seems to be competent. The company deals with their vendors appropriately.

Cons

Very little PTO given less than 5 years working with the company. Personal, sick, and vacation time is all lumped together in PTO... Too much time has been invested outside of the full-time required working hours to not be compensated when opportunities arise. Prior knowledge base and achievements are weighed too lightly in the potential value of the employee.

Advice to Management

Set mandatory annual reviews to keep employees motivated and interested in staying on task. More transparency is required between management and employees.

Apr 26, 2017 – Manager Content and Social Media

We appreciate your feedback and we take all constructive criticism to heart. We have gone through a few changes within the company in the past few years and we are working to address... More