Systems Engineering Services Corporation Reviews in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

Reston, VA

4.3
Jeffrey H Lutman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company, Caring with Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Systems Engineering Services Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

roles for the company with varying degrees of responsibility. One of the things that I always tell people what I have liked most about the company and what has kept me here for so long is that I have NEVER been asked or implied to make a decision or judgment that has not been based in integrity, honesty and support of the staff. Upper management has always responded to requests for advice with "What do you think is the right thing to do?"
    A second and more important note is about the company benefits. I have seen the costs of benefits for companies and individuals rise tremendously over the years, effectively making it far more difficult for employers to care for and offer benefits to employees that are cost effective and high quality. I have found the benefits package and elective coverage SES provides as tremendous.
    The company offers several choices of coverage for health and dental coverage. Because of personal medical issues, I chose the 'High Deductible Option", one not offered by most companies. Basically after reaching a certain dollar of out of pocket expenses from 1/1 of each year, everything is covered at no cost. Each of the past 3 years I reach that amount in January, because of infusion treatments that cost $13,000 per. I receive this treatments every 6 months. This year my wife has had 2 major surgeries and one minor and is facing a third major surgery with hospital time. I have had two surgeries in years past and this year I have been hospitalized in ICU on an Out of state vacation and have had extensive testing, CT scans and will be having more. Since January I have not paid a thing in copays, etc. The comfort level this allows in getting the right treatment is amazing. I also participate in the Health Savings Account and supplemental and additional life insurance, other benefit options not offered by all companies

Cons

The cost of dependent coverage is higher than it ever has been, but you do get what you pay for. The company expects. no demands professionalism and quality work, both from its consultants and internal staff. If this isn't you than this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Possibly better communications about the Health care and all benefits

2. "Committed to staff"

Current Employee - Business Development Director in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Business Development Director in Reston, VA

Pros

Working for SES almost 10 years, I have found the company totally committed to their staff and clients. Management has always strived to provide great assignments in good working environments that both challenge and satisfy a persons skills and capabilities. I like that the company culture has strong values, open communication and a genuine interest in the future of its employees. This is why I have rejoined SES after leaving 10 years prior.

Cons

SES has a very thorough vetting process for new hires that sometimes seems to take forever.

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Systems Engineering Services Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent people - the best management team I have worked with anywhere
    You can count on them to follow through on their promises
    Great culture and values

Cons

They will need to have more clients in order to keep their staff off of the bench and working full time.

Advice to Management

As to any company - improve benefits

4. "Good"

Current Employee - QA Tester in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - QA Tester in Reston, VA

Pros

They are very understanding and flexible

Cons

too much interaction with the employees