Systems Evolution Staff Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2019

Found 33 reviews

4.2
Bill Gallagher

"Best Company for Whom I have Worked!!!"

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for less than a year

Pros

In many years, in the workforce, this is truly the best place I have ever worked by far. My peers and co-workers are top-notch individuals and the engagements are interesting and challenging. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else!! Employees are owners and the compensation model is the best I have ever seen anywhere. You honestly feel like you have a voice in the growth and success of this company. What you say matters....

Cons

There really isn't a downside of which I can think. Seriously. I know that sounds a bit strange but it's really true. For someone trying to come in, the interview process can be long. But, hey, it's a small company. They want to ensure that you are a good fit for each other. After the process plays out, you will both know.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Lots of upward momentum for the future.

Systems Evolution2012-11-12

"Incredible company with a bright future, I couldn't be happier!"

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Strong leadership that is committed to company values -Collaborative work environment. All employees are invested in each employee's success -Unique and rewarding ownership model provides great compensation for consultants -Legitimate commitment to quality of life and work-life balance. This is not just lip service.

Cons

-Growing Atlanta office needs to find quality recruits to keep up with increasing client demand

Advice to Management

-Calculated growth requires patience, but we do it well. Keep up the good work!

Systems Evolution2012-11-13

"Best job i've ever had!"

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture. Every consultant, regardless of tenure, has an active voice in what happens in the company. Collaboration is also a key component, so you never face a problem alone. There are no cliques and there is no one in the company that I don't want to work with.

Cons

Can't hire good people fast enough.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing.

Systems Evolution2012-11-12

"This is a company where each employee genuinely cares about one another’s general well being and level of success."

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for less than a year

Pros

Challenging work opportunities close to home, collective value approach, employee ownership, great benefits, services team that stays in close contact.

Cons

I'll get back when one pops up.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, focus on brand awareness. Continue to promote our core values – Excellence, Participation, Integrity, Collaboration. Protect the culture by hiring only high-performing, dedicated consultants.

Systems Evolution2012-11-08

"Brand New and Already Impressed"

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very smooth and effective on-boarding process - Very collaborative environment - Helpful and responsive Services team - Self-driven and sincere consultants - No travel

Cons

- Brand awareness is a new initiatives but is rapidly improving

Advice to Management

Stay to the cultural model and you'll retain loyalty

Systems Evolution2012-11-06

"A consultancy company I am proud to be a part of."

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for less than a year

Pros

The caliber of employees is extremely high, driven by an exclusive hiring process and peer-pressure to over-achieve. A team spirit I have not previously experienced in 15 years of consultancy. Challenging projects and no travel.

Cons

I have not yet found any cons.

Advice to Management

Don’t change a thing. Continue to grow the company based on its guiding principles.

Systems Evolution2012-11-02

"A Great Place to Spend Your Career Surrounded by Rockstar Consultants"

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely vigorous interview process ensures only the highest caliber candidates, based on cultural fit and experience, become employees. Tight knit community focused on the success of each consultant, no ego. Bonuses given in alignment with contribution to the company. Consultants are involved in every aspect of the business and our opinions are taken with the utmost seriousness.

Cons

If you prefer to climb a corporate ladder, or are title driven, you would be better served at another company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Systems Evolution2012-11-01

"After working in industry for 15 years, this firm is so refreshing!"

Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Systems Evolution full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Client work is the top priority at all times - Open book policy in regards to financials - Quarterly review of finances with CEO / COO in each city - All consultants are in the hiring process. Hiring is not a leadership driven decision only, it is a group decision. - Each office is involvement with the local community

Cons

- We have a hard time finding consultants as we want to ensure they have the right experience, a sense of entrepreneurship and drive to be a part of SEI.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Systems Evolution2012-08-29

"Working at Systems Evolution has been an extremely refreshing experience"

I have been working at Systems Evolution

Pros

Culture - People make this place great. Highly motivated and experienced consultants that want to develop a partnership with their clients and provide sustainable solutions. Company Model - Collaborative culture, fantastic work/life balance (no travel), open financials, compensation, and company ownership. Every consultant has a direct relationship with the management team.

Cons

The culture and model is hard to describe to others unless you experience it yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The model you have created is very unique and makes SEI a special place to work. It is very motivating from a professional and personal perspective.

Systems Evolution2012-01-31

"Finally, I've found a company I'm proud to represent."

I have been working at Systems Evolution

Pros

There are so many. 1. Consultants have autonomy to make decisions. 2. Consultants can get involved with internal initiatives. 3. Consultants are encouraged to continue building upon skills sets. 4. Leadership truly cares about the welfare of the individual--I've experienced that first-hand.

Cons

1. If you're not a self-starter, you will probably be better-served working somewhere else. 2. If you enjoy being a road warrior, stick with the Big Four.

Advice to Management

Management has succeeded in creating a truly amazing culture and maintaining an unusually high level of ethical conduct. As we grow, keep it up and continue instilling those values in our new consultants.

Systems Evolution2011-11-20