Systems Maintenance Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
John Wozniak

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and pay is competitive (in 4 reviews)

• Very flexible work schedule, once again as long as you work hard nobody cares when or how (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The only issue I had was the one I was trying to help fix - integrating the recently acquired Chinese segment with SMS (in 17 reviews)

• Poor internal communication and lack ownership making it difficult to set proper expectations with clients (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Pay, Bad Benefits"

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time

Pros

Great pay great people great work life balance

Cons

No direction from leadership regarding sales organization, Company benefits suck, probably the worst benefit package at any company I've ever worked for in my entire life.

Advice to Management

Talk to someone in HR and get a better benefits package for your employees

"Past employee"

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation

Cons

Sales is moving in the wrong direction...complete mess.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees consistently

"Loved the job, management in the other hand is comparable to a third world country."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, MA

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed supporting customers and worked hard to have a good team environment.

Cons

Management is promoted within without any kind of management skills nor any training required/provided. You can be promoted as a Director by putting time in with the company or join the good ole boys club. The worse company I and many others have worked.

Advice to Management

Turnover rates and stress on employees would be greatly diminished by training managers. Also, another suggestion is to hire a work culture expert.

"Good Luck Smurvature"

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services full-time

Pros

The SMS & Curvature Teams - people are all fantastic and will go above and beyond to help the company.

Cons

The CEO is the smartest guy in the room when it comes to M&A but lacks any leadership skills including communication skills. He has created a culture of fear at SMS and is now affecting the positive culture at Curvature.

Advice to Management

Partner Group - Get a clue and get a new CEO like Sheldon or you will drive away your good people

"Good company, Can see this being last place I work"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Willing to work, guaranteed to have a job. Total job security

Cons

Health Insurance is not so good. But heard they are making changes.

"Great company for hard workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, MA

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

SMS is a great place to work for those that have a strong work ethic. During my time at the company I have seen many employees get promoted and given more responsibility.

Cons

Growing pains. SMS is growing really fast and that can cause miscommunication, lack of communication and lack of unity. Sometimes it seems the different levels of management and different departments are competing with each other rather than working together towards a common goal.

Advice to Management

Transparency is so important to keep employees trust. Most employees want to do a good job and working hard is so much easier and rewarding when there are clear Company wide goals to work towards. My advice to management would be to articulate the business goals to all the employees so employees can tie in their effort to a greater purpose. Actively work to create a culture of teamwork as opposed to "us against them" (employees v. management).

7. "Eye on Growth"

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time

Pros

Management is extremely flexible and allows opportunity to work from home as needed. Pay is competitive. People are supportive and great to work with. Company is continuing to expand which should lead to great things.

Cons

Since the business is continuing to grow both locally and globally, management needs to have clear communicate throughout the company. Defined policies and procedures would be beneficial

Advice to Management

Employees remain loyal when they feel valued. Management at all levels should remember to recognize accomplishments regularly.

8. "BillDKid"

Current Employee - Remote Services Technician in Bishop, CA
    Current Employee - Remote Services Technician in Bishop, CA

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive Salary, Mileage reimbursement, Access to Family Health Dental Vision
    401 k Retirement plans

Cons

The cost of healthcare could be kept to a minimum

Advice to Management

Some of your Techs Have Been in the industry for a very long time Trust them they know what they are doing

"Full time employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a small company that has talent from the first line initial calls/tickets from the customer to the closing of the ticket. They have what it takes to get to the top. They offer benefits that are about the same that you get a fast food restaurant.

Cons

Shallow leadership that thinks they know everything and this is not the place to do this. This is a very small company that needs talent and shows confidence in how they handle situations.

Advice to Management

When hiring into the leadership, understand that there is a right fit kind of person. There are employees in this company that would bend over backwards to make sure that the basic part of the desk will run continuously due to leadership failures. And there is leadership that really just don't care. Unfortunately, this will be the downfall of the company unless this is identified and corrected. There is leadership that come in for the paycheck and show on the outside that they trying to show that they know what they are doing. And there are some that will know both on the inside and outside that they know how to make the company flourish. Unfortunately, as I said before, there will be no company in the near future if this stays like it is at this time.

"Benefits"

Pros

The pay was adequate for the most part.

Cons

None of the benefits were very good.