Systems Maintenance Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
John Wozniak

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and pay is competitive (in 4 reviews)

• Small company with global visions and plenty of opportunities to grow if you chose to (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Health benefits are ok, not great (in 6 reviews)

• The only issue I had was the one I was trying to help fix - integrating the recently acquired Chinese segment with SMS (in 18 reviews)

"Good company, Can see this being last place I work"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Willing to work, guaranteed to have a job. Total job security

Cons

Health Insurance is not so good. But heard they are making changes.

"Great company for hard workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hudson, MA

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

SMS is a great place to work for those that have a strong work ethic. During my time at the company I have seen many employees get promoted and given more responsibility.

Cons

Growing pains. SMS is growing really fast and that can cause miscommunication, lack of communication and lack of unity. Sometimes it seems the different levels of management and different departments are competing with each other rather than working together towards a common goal.

Advice to Management

Transparency is so important to keep employees trust. Most employees want to do a good job and working hard is so much easier and rewarding when there are clear Company wide goals to work towards. My advice to management would be to articulate the business goals to all the employees so employees can tie in their effort to a greater purpose. Actively work to create a culture of teamwork as opposed to "us against them" (employees v. management).

3. "BillDKid"

Current Employee - Remote Services Technician in Bishop, CA
    Current Employee - Remote Services Technician in Bishop, CA

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive Salary, Mileage reimbursement, Access to Family Health Dental Vision
    401 k Retirement plans

Cons

The cost of healthcare could be kept to a minimum

Advice to Management

Some of your Techs Have Been in the industry for a very long time Trust them they know what they are doing

"Full time employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a small company that has talent from the first line initial calls/tickets from the customer to the closing of the ticket. They have what it takes to get to the top. They offer benefits that are about the same that you get a fast food restaurant.

Cons

Shallow leadership that thinks they know everything and this is not the place to do this. This is a very small company that needs talent and shows confidence in how they handle situations.

Advice to Management

When hiring into the leadership, understand that there is a right fit kind of person. There are employees in this company that would bend over backwards to make sure that the basic part of the desk will run continuously due to leadership failures. And there is leadership that really just don't care. Unfortunately, this will be the downfall of the company unless this is identified and corrected. There is leadership that come in for the paycheck and show on the outside that they trying to show that they know what they are doing. And there are some that will know both on the inside and outside that they know how to make the company flourish. Unfortunately, as I said before, there will be no company in the near future if this stays like it is at this time.

"Pleasant place to work!"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone was nice and helpful in getting me acclimated to the work environment. They respected the previous work I did in the field.

Cons

A general sense of distrust when I moved to a different department within the company. New supervisor could have been more personable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great partnership with Target!

"Bright future ahead!"

Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has grown its revenue more than 10x over the last 10 years. It's likely to double or even triple its revenue in the next few years. It's an incredible opportunity to work with such an aggressive brand in an Industry that's poised to continue to thrive. The pay is excellent and there's a lot of great people here eager to help you succeed.

Cons

The benefits could be better. The main HQ could use an overhaul.

Advice to Management

Define the culture then make cultural enhancement a priority! Spend more time and money making people feel valued beyond their work contributions.

7. "Technical Services Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time

Pros

Great people fast pace and challenging work. The company continues to grow and push forward. Room for growth and advancement. Pay is competitive.

Cons

Technology is lagging behind and full integration across the company is slow. Too many groups working in silos. Health benefits are ok, not great.

Advice to Management

Keep growing your people and pushing the company forward.

8. "Good pay , fairly secure job"

Former Employee - Senior Field Service Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Field Service Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

Good training and raises and lots of hours

Cons

Growth pains, lots of applications changes

Advice to Management

Get feedback from the front lines before rollouts

"Horrible management"

Former Employee - Service Desk Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Service Desk Agent in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing that is good is the coffee, other than that there is not a single thing that I had so far found good.

Cons

Management are a bunch of liars, they make stuff up all so they can easily fire someone without even talking to me. They couldnt even fire me to my face, they had to go through my temp agency and defaced me with them in the process causing me to never get a job through the agency again.

Advice to Management

Don't be such dirt bags.
    If you want to fire someone, don't make up a bunch of bs to do it.
    If an employee is doing something wrong actually go talk to him/her - don't just let it keep going on and fire them without a slight notice.

"Field Technician"

Current Employee - Printer Field Technician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Printer Field Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Systems Maintenance Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and good pay. No complaints about this. They are very organized with the mileage reimbursements and with time sheets, using helpful applications that you can review anytime.

Cons

Depends on the client contract time frame. If the contract ends you probably loss your job, that mean no stability for future with this company.

Advice to Management

Just try to keep the best workers with the company.