Systems Personnel Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Seneca, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Seneca, NY

I have been working at Systems Personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I applied to Systems Personnel last year and went through a rigorous screening process. I didn't understand it at first, but after I started it all made perfect sense. The team is so tight-knit that everyone has a vested interest in any new hire that is brought to join this incredible team. Everyone cares for each other and always has each others back. It is imperative that any new member of the team fits in with the company culture and shares this same team mentality.

The company has a clear and guiding mission to "Improve Lives Through Employment." This mission starts at the top with the president and is shared by every employee. It is expected that every member of the organization make a conscious effort to improve the lives of teammates, clients, candidates, and members of the community on a daily and weekly basis. It is a great feeling to be part of a company that truly cares about the community and makes a conscious effort to give back whenever possible.

Cons

None come to mind.

Advice to Management

I am a member of the Air National Guard and was recently called up for extended duty. When I let the leadership team know, they were all so gracious and accommodating. In fact, they worked with me to create a plan for me to continue to maximize my earning potential even when I'm away. Again - they had my back! This team is more like a family than a job. I don't have advice to management, only a tremendous "thank you!"

2. "Great Company Culture"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in West Seneca, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in West Seneca, NY

I worked at Systems Personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Systems Personnel was my second sales job and by far the most educational experience of my life. Everyone from the President to each colleague is there to support you anyway possible. Everyday is a learning experience trying to grow you professionally and personally. Sales is no science, but they give you all of the tools you need to be successful throughout this job and life in general.
    They truly are there to "Improve Lives Through Employment."
    Every employee feels that they are welcomed and can speak freely of there thoughts and opinions because of the family atmosphere brought in by management.

To show how valued each employee and our families are to Systems Personnel, the President, Jim Cipriani decided to pay for all of us to have FREE Health Insurance. I have never met a business owner more dedicated to his employees well being.

Cons

Absolutely nothing that comes to mind.

Advice to Management

You gave me the confidence and skills to be successful. You took time out of your busy schedule to help each one of us in our planning and execution. You were always there with any questions that we had. I thank you for all that you did for me, I am truly grateful for the opportunity that I was given to be apart of your great team!

3. "Great Team"

Former Employee - IT Professional in Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at Systems Personnel (Less than a year)

Pros

Works with applicants to find perfect fit positions. Gives great advise on resume, search methods, provides leads, recommends online networking advise.

Cons

No cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

5. ""The most supportive company I have been a part of""

I have been working at Systems Personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Going into the recruiting world you can expect the harder you work the more money you make. That is definitely the case at Systems Personnel. They have a bonus structure so you can succeed. Your earning potential is uncapped. However, the best part about Systems Personnel is that they have a supportive team environment. Everyone is there to answer your questions at the drop of a hat. I was new to the recruiting world and the entire team devoted their own time into answering my questions and helping me grow. They have set up a continual development and training program every week, so it helps both new and experience recruiters continue to grow and learn in this field. I would highly recommend working here if you are in the recruiting/sales industry. The work is hard but the team is great and the pay is rewarding!

Cons

I honestly cannot say anything bad about this company. They have been a huge support for my career. It is a motivating and aspiring environment to be in. You are working around some of the top professionals in the Buffalo area. The owner and the Vice President invest a lot in their employees to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work :)

6. "Family, friends, and unlimited earning potential!!"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Systems Personnel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Systems is a small company so the earning potential is unlimited. The management staff is supportive and listens to your concerns. They treat you like a family member so you are not just another number. Your voice is heard! The team is extremely knowledgable about the industry and sales in general. I have learned more in my one year then I have in the last ten years.

The employees are the best part! We work hard but play hard. This is the most supportive sales team I have ever worked with. And unlike most sales environments, we look out for each other. I can't say enough good things about the staff!

Cons

Yes we work hard but those that work hard see the pay off. What sales environment don't you work hard in? This job is what you make of it. If you are not interested in putting the extra time in then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide training to the team, rookies and veterans included. No one can compare to your expertise in this industry....but most importantly, continue to make it a fun place to work.

It is great to work with friends and a management team you look up to.

"Horrible place to work because of owner"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Systems Personnel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The recruitment team for the most part are excellent people, the commission structure is great, and it is a small company to work for so you become close knit with your colleagues.

Cons

The owner is not an honest person. He pretends to care about his employees, but clearly doesn't. He talks a big game about open communication, work life balance, and how well he pays you. But if you have a life outside of there the the owner will not be happy with it and openly talk down to you in front of others to make an example. There is almost no communication that is truthful that comes out of his mouth. He says he pays very well, but will take money from your commission checks, and even though your told your a salaried employee you are micro managed to death and forced to work whenever he wants you to. If you work 35 hrs he pays for 35, but if you work 60 he pays you for 40. The worst thing is when the owner explodes on someone in front of the entire office. Its not only unprofessional to hear him swear at you, its embarrassing and makes the whole office uncomfortable. Ive seen the best producers leave because of him

Advice to Management

Be more honest to your employees. You speak of truth, honor, and respect, but show none of that to anyone but your own family. Stop taking money out of peoples commission because they fell short one month. Its terrible and makes people not trust you. I hope by now you have hired an actual manage to run day to day operations..

8. "RUN!!!!!"

Former Employee - Executive Consultant in West Seneca, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Consultant in West Seneca, NY

I worked at Systems Personnel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are None. Stay away.

Cons

If you want to work for a disorganized and dysfunctional family business this is your place. However, I would stay clear!

9. "Not a match"

Current Employee - Human Resources/Customer Service At HireEmpire in West Seneca, NY

I have been working at Systems Personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The new company HireEmpire
    Schedule

Cons

Management
    Hired for Customer Service, but kept as HR

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing
    Loosen up
    Utilize internal resources

10. "A place that me and my family finally got ahead..."

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Systems Personnel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation plan, earning a healthy six figure income. Profit sharing, bonus was out of this world. Strong emphasis on learning and growth. Support of my teammates is priceless. Advice and experience on how to take it to next level is there. Challenge me to get out of comfort zone. Strong supportive, management team. Good community involvement. Team spirited. Family feel.

Cons

It takes hard work to succeed here. If you are not giving it your all you won't fit in.

Advice to Management

Consider up and comers for management opportunities.

11. "A great opportunity for anyone willing to give 110% day in and day out."

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in West Seneca, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in West Seneca, NY

I have been working at Systems Personnel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Unlimited earning potential
    2. Opportunities for personal development
    3. Great team oriented environment
    4. Transparent leadership, you always know where you stand
    5. You will never be bored
    6. Smaller family owned business

Cons

1. Hard work is required, if you can't give it your all, you won't be successful
    2. No other Cons if you are dedicated to working hard.