Systems Technology Group Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Systems Technology Group Inc. CEO Anup Popat
Anup Popat

Pros
  • Easy accessible to management, Pay on time, Working directly to the clients (in 2 reviews)

• Company processed my H1B and GC as promised; They gave me increments and rewarded me for my performance (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • But my husband had to move so I had to leave the company (in 3 reviews)

• Not providing relieving letter/Experience certificate even after notice period (in 4 reviews)

"Frustated after 3 years."

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Troy, MI

I have been working at Systems Technology Group Inc. (More than 3 years)

Pros

Expect - H1B Premium Processing, Green Card Processing, Paycheck on time, Once in a while beer on company's expense, to be part of a man power company, work as an individual.

Cons

Do not expect - Appraisals, Salary Hikes, Experience Letter (that's not in their policy), Response to Emails, 401K Employer contribution, Recognition for any hard work put on client site, to be part of STG team (very less chances of knowing your co-workers within STG), awards, motivation, career growth, technology training.

Advice to Management

Employees are you biggest asset - do not lose them. STG reputation is based on your employees - Treat them with recognitions and appraisals. Spending 50$ for their beer in a year doesn't satisfy them. Need recognitions, appraisals, latest technology training,

2. "Not a better place if you want to grow in your career"

I have been working at Systems Technology Group Inc. full-time

Pros

Pay check on time
    Immigration assistance

Cons

No performance appraisal
    Never care about employees
    Benefits are not good

Advice to Management

Have periodical performance appraisal. Make sure provide necessary training.
    Take care of your employees and they will take care of your business.

"A company that discriminates, humiliates, dictates, bullies, and abuses its' employees!"

I worked at Systems Technology Group Inc. full-time

Pros

A pay check every two weeks.

Cons

I have never worked for a more negative company! All three owners are verbally abusive. They will humiliate you in front of the open office environment. They give no positive reinforcement. They do not answer your emails. They put Skype on your computers so they may watch your every move. They play mind games with their employees. They discriminate and openly do not treat all employees the same. There are no performance reviews. Management lacks communication skills, the most important one being listening skills. Does not offer 401k match. You will get 10 PTO days with includes bereavement and sick days. (so basically nothing)

Advice to Management

This management team will not take advise, as you are not able to think out of the box.

"NEVER EVER Join this company!!!!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

Pros

NONE!!!!!!!!!!other than On time Paycheck.

Cons

Utter Waste Company!!..NO Benefits..No appreciation..

"Worst company to work for, you will regret for working here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Systems Technology Group Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing other than Pay check on time

Cons

1. They will try to loot money from employees when they send resignation. They will say GC is free but if you resign after initiation they will ask money even if they didn't file anything.
    2. One of the worst company to work for, such a small cheap mentality management people.
    3. They will never respond back to emails when you resign, no experience letter, no health insurance details. I have worked in 5 companies in my professional career but never experienced such bad in any of the other companies.
    4. This is a small company and hence their mentality is cheap, they will look for situations to get money from employees. If they were not able to get money from employees then you will be left unattended.
    5. No appraisals, hike, dummy client managers.
    6. Better look for some other genuine companies.
    7. They have only Ford and GM as their clients, if your project is over then in one week they will send you back to India.
    8. They will smile for anything unless they make money out of you, if you are out of the project or resigned then they shut up everything.

Advice to Management

Treat employees in good way, you are making money from the employees so please be graceful. No company will be successful if they do not have satisfied and happy employees. All the resigned employee's curse is not good for your company's growth.

7. "Give them a chance to serve you and hopefully they wont let you down!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Systems Technology Group Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

According to me there are two major categories of people that will join companies like STG.
    1. Experienced technical people that are fed up with their current MNC employers, because of what they have to offer when it comes to onsite wages and Immigration/Permanent residency processing.
    2. Fresh student graduates that are looking for a petitioner to file their H1B.

I come under category one and working on one of the current market high demand skills, below are my positive experiences with STG in this close to one year association with them.

STG had exceeded all my expectations in terms of filing Green card. Even though there is one year agreement and all like any other consulting company, important thing is they filed my petition with proper documentation and they are immigration services documentation genius.
    Even though there are no fancy perks like one time car loan from advance from my previous employer, STG is paying me on time every other week without any hindrance.

I was very scared while making this employer switch almost an year ago but for what it’s worth STG had lived up to my expectations so far and I really hope I don’t have to change my opinion about them in the days to come as we grow together.

Cons

I really hope I will get to see some of these people ( At least the ones that I interact with) in person at some point:)

8. "Professional and prompt in every sense."

Current Employee - Computer Programmer in Allen Park, MI
    Current Employee - Computer Programmer in Allen Park, MI

I have been working at Systems Technology Group Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Extremely professional, organized and prompt in every aspect: Time Management, Timely payments. HR Communications.
    2. Especially excellent in Immigration services: They started immigration processes as promised, all the steps were done very professionally and by complying with all the rules and laws. HR is very prompt and helpful in resolving all the queries. I feel happy to choose STG for the way they have handled my H1 Extensions, Labor, I140 and all the related stuff.
    3. Detail interview was conducted in their office before sending my resume out to the client showing they take their job seriously.
    4. They have proper Client Engagement/management setup at client office.
    All this makes them superior to other local small to medium size IT services companies.

Cons

There could be more Management-Remotely Based Employment interactive sessions.

Advice to Management

So far so good! All the best.

9. "RUN Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at Systems Technology Group Inc. (More than 8 years)

Pros

It pays the bills and they never miss a pay check, don't work here. If they call don't even answer.

Cons

Each day starts off with the Anup Show with his recruiters and sales staff. While I was never part of these meetings, everyone in the office could hear them as he demeans his staff yells about the simplest things, jumps to conclusions without facts but assumes your not doing your job, bashes ex employees and makes racist comments.

Anup likes to humiliate u constantly and micromanage you to the point that you need to account for ALL your time, including bathroom breaks, He's so insecure with himself and he needs to take it out on his employee's and even his mother and sister who also run the company so there really isn't anything that's confidential. It's actually the experienced/ educated employees that keep the company running. Please note he's worked nowhere but his own company which he got from his dad who actually treated the employee's great and respected them. He has no real experience with the business.

He manipulates to get his way AND to win bids by using other companies that he can use to get copies of bids so he can undercut to win the bids, then openly admits it while bragging about his personal chef and his home, money, etc.

He favors employees because their is some relationship in the past with him or they bow to him then treats the employees that have some real talent terrible. He talks how family comes first but that's only when it relates to HIS family. There is no such thing as a vacation because if you work there, you will be expected to have email access 24/7/365 and god forbid that you don't answer one from either him or his mom or you will hear about it.

A technology company that was using outdated software and I believe the servers as well because he didn't want to spend the money to upgrade anything except for himself and his favorite staff.

In over 30 years, by far the worst CEO I've ever had the misfortune to work for. Please don't waste your time working here.

Advice to Management

Understand that your employees are what makes the business and not you. Without great talent, the end product will not last.

"Run Anywhere but at STG"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at Systems Technology Group Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job that pays you until u can find something else. And I suggest u don't work here. If they call don't even answer.

Cons

Ever morning he has a meeting with his recruiters/sales staff which I would like to call the Anup show. During the meeting he demeans his female staff yells about the simplest things, jumps to conclusions without facts but assumes your not doing your job, bashes ex employees and makes racist comments. It can be heard through out the office. I personally see women run out crying because he's laying into them so much.

Also during the meeting he will randomly get up and leave the meeting to go talk to other employees or his mother. He's up, he's down, he's all over the place. Not normal.

Anup likes to humiliate u constantly but seems to focus his tactics on women a lot requiring them to do more than the men. He likes to see women uncomfortable, by asking off the wall questions that don't have any relevance to the business. He's so insecure with himself, he forces his staff to stay in the meeting for almost an hour and half so he can validated himself for the day. Because it's actually the experienced/ educated employees that keep the company running. Please note he's worked nowhere but his own company. He has no real experience with the business. He just thinks he does.

He micromanages at the fullest. Most conversations with him are rude. He can't simply express what he wants from u. He has to insult u to get his point across. He manipulates to get his way then openly admits it to his employees. Laughing....

Please don't bring him to client meetings. He's inappropriate. His thinking he's doing the clients a favor being there.

He favors employees that are not doing their job because their is some relationship in the past with him or they bow to him then treats the employees that have some real talent terrible. It's the insecurity in him. He hires for the wrong reasons.

Nothing is automated in the company. Reports are done manually!! Lol invest some real money into the business.

In summary, worst manager I ever seen in a long time.

I'm posting this to help others. Please don't waste your time here.

Advice to Management

Take a management class and find a class that can teach u about people. U have no clue.

"Any positive reviews were written by management. Stay away!"

Former Employee - Consultant in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Consultant in Troy, MI

I worked at Systems Technology Group Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing positive about this nightmare of a company. Even the long time employees are miserable.

Cons

Terrible work place, tremendous stress, poor communication, no professionalism, no work life balance, no respect for employees.

Advice to Management

Shut it down or at least treat your employees better or they will all leave.