T. D. Williamson Reviews | Glassdoor

T. D. Williamson Reviews

Updated Oct 21, 2019

3.6
T. D. Williamson CEO Bob McGrew (no image)
Bob McGrew
Pros
  • "Great people making your working life enjoyable(in 12 reviews)

• "Customer understands the value that TDW products and services offer(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Because local cultures shine through in TDW, sometimes the requisite consistency is less assured - a price one pays in embracing global diversity(in 8 reviews)

• "To upper management you were little more then a number on a spreadsheet(in 7 reviews)

1. "Company review"

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in Tulsa, OK

I worked at T. D. Williamson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very involved in giving back to the community through their involvement with non profit organizations

Cons

Heavy in top management employees

T. D. Williamson2019-09-09
  2. "Great place to work, but progress can be slow"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at T. D. Williamson full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've only worked here for a short period of time, but so far my experience has been very good. I've heard that an analyst can make quite a bit of money after several years of service, but it seems that this job can get a little tedious. Benefits seem pretty good and days off are very generous. I'll stick around for a while and see if it ends up working out for me.

Cons

It seems like the analysis department can get a little "cliquey", but everyone seems nice enough.

Advice to Management

The only complaint I've heard is that the culture is changing to be more like a call center. Those places don't tend to have good employee turnaround.

T. D. Williamson2019-09-13
  3. "good company"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at T. D. Williamson full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay is on par for similar

Cons

hours need to work with family

T. D. Williamson2019-09-13
  4. "On the decline"

Former Employee - ILI Senior Field Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at T. D. Williamson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When I started with TDW there were many pros, but those were slow and consistently stripped away! The only pro was the pay.

Cons

On the decline. Management is very inexperienced and has lost focus. The customer service has gone down hill and the care for employees has disappeared all together. The Williamson family has sued each other for control of the company. Also their product line has had a decline in quality. Overall they have lost business due to the internal struggles and the company is on the decline.

Advice to Management

Remember where you came from! Take care of the people that take care of you and your customers!

T. D. Williamson2019-08-04
  5. "There is something special about this place"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at T. D. Williamson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at many companies throughout my career and there are only a few that stand out like TDW. There is truly something special about this place - you are valued as a person first and foremost and the company cares. We (and I say we because at TDW we are all part of the team) work together to improve ourselves, our company and our service to our customers and working to protect the environment. Sometimes... people don't agree with decisions that are made (I don't always), but our team works together to try explain WHY we do what we do. Benefits are competitive and improving (new PTO plan that launched this year is a big improvement).

Cons

We are not great at holding each other accountable for our performances or getting things done on time. We are a small company that tries to act like a bigger company and we take on too many things at once. We struggle with prioritization and focus. The good news is that we all care and we all want to do the right thing. The bad news is that many times, we have very different ideas about what the right thing is.

Advice to Management

Help us all to focus on the most important things. Everything can't be a top priority. Keep communicating.

T. D. Williamson2019-06-17

"Worst Place I've Ever Worked!"

Former Employee - Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at T. D. Williamson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay about average with area

Cons

Management, Management, Management. Very disconnected from employees. Very little information given on a regular basis. Dishonest. Favorite employees are picked, others are ignored.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Improve communications with employees. Treat them honestly.

T. D. Williamson2019-04-07
  7. "Growing company with strong legacy"

Current Employee - Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at T. D. Williamson full-time for more than a year

Pros

High integrity at all levels of business, Safety culture is mature and imbedded. Customer understands the value that TDW products and services offer. Management continues to review strategy to remain aligned with the industry.

Cons

Management of Change is difficult to apply in some departments. Strong legacy can equal difficult to change.

Advice to Management

Maintain the flexibility to change with the industry and continue to plan for long-term growth.

T. D. Williamson2019-02-14
  8. "The Grass is not always Greener."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at T. D. Williamson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Above average time off package. Decent Healthcare and 401K.

Cons

Severely lacking on boarding and training programs. Severely outdated cumbersome operating system. Poor work life balance. Stressful work environment.

Advice to Management

Invest in a training/on boarding program. Upgrade to a better operating system that will streamline processes- especially in the Sales Dept. Hire managers who are capable of running their departments instead of their departments running them. Incentify “all of your sales staff” not just the outside employees. This is the only company I have ever worked for that doesn’t have a bonus/commission program for all sales... associates. Overtime is a nice option but it also forces people to work more hours and sacrifice work/life balance. With the high margins you have on your products it seems that your a little stingy when it comes to rewarding your sales people. One TDW is a nice concept but you need a lot more work on workplace culture and creating a positive work environment to achieve this.

T. D. Williamson2019-02-12
  9. "Good place to work with smart people to protect the environment!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at T. D. Williamson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They are really investing a lot of resources into teaching their managers how to be great managers. And they are investing in augmenting their talent pool like never before. Lots of fun smart people who do great work.

Cons

Automation requires a long-term commitment. They need to revisit their strategy in this area of growth and development.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to get anonymous feedback from your employees. It will serve you well to learn what really concerns them.

T. D. Williamson2019-01-15
  10. "great"

Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at T. D. Williamson for more than 3 years

Pros

culture is a great place to work every day

Cons

none this is a great place with great people

Advice to Management

great

T. D. Williamson2019-01-08