T-Mobile Reviews in Augusta, GA | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Account expert"

Current Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Martinez, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Martinez, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This by far has been the best company I have ever worked for they value their employees there's always the option of potential for growth within the company almost five years strong with this amazing organization and looking forward to many many more years.

Cons

With every job there's going to be stressed and pressured metric changes can be a handful but as long as you go in with an open Vision willing to learn willing to be adaptive to change as the industry is always changing and adapting for our customers.

Advice to Management

Best thing I can advise keep it fun keep your employees engaged reward your employees recognized efforts made by the employees.

Apr 24, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

Change is constant and with our rapidly growing company we appreciate team members like you who keep a positive attitude and open mind as we adapt. As you continue to grow with us, if you have any... More

2. "CSR2"

Former Employee - CSR2 in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - CSR2 in Augusta, GA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

GREAT BENEFITS, energetic environment. Good bonuses/incentives. Forever changing environment to keep you on your toes

Cons

For some reason coorporate insisted on changing the metric that affected employee bonuses.

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Solution Center Specialist in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Solution Center Specialist in Augusta, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, bonus, free college, childcare reimbursement.
    Discounts and perks webpage
    Discounted phone service package
    Chances to win Free Stuff
    Overall great company

Cons

Not many depending on your direct leadership
    If you do run into an issue you should always report to leaders

Advice to Management

Be more cautious with promotions to coach, most people are ready for the pay but not the work

4. "Mixed bag"

Former Employee - Representative, Senior Representative, and Coach in Augusta, GA

I worked at T-Mobile (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay
    Great benefits including stock options and opportunities to test phones before they released.
    Made good friends

Cons

The job was very stressful, especially once I became a senior rep and coach.
    Management can be bad.
    Hours were extremely inflexible.

Advice to Management

Be professional. Don't let pettiness turn away great employees. Understand how you can affect the workplace environment with how you interact with your coaches and reps.

"Loving it!!!"

Current Employee - Account Expert in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Expert in Augusta, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been here nearly a year. Team Of Experts. I have heard some stories, but honestly I don't see why anyone would rate this a bad place to work. In my center they care about their reps and always push them to grow. You are thoroughly trained. The benefits are the best out of any company I have worked for. Medical, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase, and Leadership Development Grants so that you can further your education. Plenty of room for growth if that is what you want. And plenty of recognition for hardwork. Your success is definitely celebrated.

Cons

Deaing with angry customers can be stressful at times, but that is with any job where you deal wih the public.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking outside the box!

Jun 20, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Each of our Customer Care teams strives to provide a great environment for our team members where they truly feel empowered and appreciated in their role... More

"DEAD END for IT and customer-focused professionals!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Augusta, GA

I worked at T-Mobile (More than a year)

Pros

First, the good:

* Core values and company culture are great
    * Company is stable and likely won't be going anywhere
    * Small business/startup feel with big business revenue
    * Fun, progressive work environment
    * Benefits and perks make up for low pay
    * Training program is very good
    * Great second or third company to work for

At first glance, T-Mobile is a great place to work but, from my experience, everyone was pretty bitter, stressed-out, and worried about losing their jobs. The turnover was very high, especially on the call center and tech side. We'll get to that.

You'll love T-Mobile if you're the type of person that likes lots of direction and prefers not to think for yourself. The work is extremely repetitive and mundane. It's all about sales and efficiency. If that sounds great to you, then definitely work at T-Mobile.

The interview process is thorough, which might give you an opportunity to see if it's the right fit for you. Be warned: the impressions you get during the interview process likely won't align with what it's actually like working there. If you're fortunate to get hired directly into a management/salaried position, you'll actually be able to enjoy the little things: pool tables, air hockey, video games, nap rooms, etc.

The benefits and perks are very nice, overall. There's also performance incentives which, again, are sales-driven.

I will say this: their training is superb. You get one to three months of training, depending on your role, including shadowing others in similar departments/teams. The skills you develop there are transferable to just about any field. In fact, this is a great place for young people who are just getting started in their careers.

Cons

* Limited growth opportunities
    * Repetitive work
    * Sales quotas
    * Poor leadership
    * Very high turnover
    * Pay not commensurate with expectations
    * Poor work hours
    * Independent thought is penalized
    * Terrible company for experienced/skilled professionals

On the customer service and sales side of T-Mobile, it's all about the bottom line. Sure, that's what business is about.. But they don't care if your customers love you, they only care if the balance sheets are in the black and you get customers in-and-out fast. For a company that claims to have world-class customer service, it's actually very poor.

In my experience, customers call about the same issue three or more times until they get someone who knows what they're talking about and will actually take the time to help them. Sadly, the ones who take the time to resolve issues with irate customers get dinged on performance scores. I can tell you I had customers ask for my supervisor on several occasions to say what an amazing job I did (not complain, as one would expect) but our team leader dismissed it because I wasn't getting customers off the phone fast enough.

In short, everyone is focused on passing the buck so that their metrics are not impacted. It's a terrible business model. The people who trick customers into buying stuff are valued more than the ones who build loyalty and actually fix things. Go figure!

What's more is that it doesn't matter if you graduate at the top of your training class: you're stuck with whatever schedule and supervisor they decide to give you. This leaves everything to chance and disincentives putting in any real effort. In fact, the drones and zombies get more recognition.

If you're particularly smart, compassionate, and tech-savvy, look elsewhere. It's worth noting that their knowledge management system actually becomes a hindrance when most of the information is incorrect and the processes slow you down. Again, if you are a great troubleshooter and can think for yourself, you'll find yourself hating the work here because they value malleable peons over experienced personnel. Truly, this is an ideal place for someone who...

* Really loves the call center environment
    * Hasn't had much work experience
    * Prefers heavy supervision/direction over independent work

I must stress: this is a DEAD END JOB unless you really can see yourself working in a call center long-term and don't mind waiting 5-10 years before a significant promotion takes place. It takes a very specific type of personality. Don't expect any promotions as the management tends to stick around (it's a cake job with decent pay). The only way to make a nice income here is to aggressively sell-sell-sell, which usually means deceiving customers in a "pleasant" way.

Some world-class service!

Advice to Management

Decide whether RAE (Restate Assure Empathize) and company values are truly what you measure quality by. If you truly care about the customers, then satisfaction should count more than sales. Be clear in your expectations so people can make an informed decision before joining your team. This is easily the worst place I've ever worked at, mostly because management is more concerned with protecting their jobs and getting their bonuses than empowering their team members. Management needs refreshing, which is a shame because I met John Legere and he is a great guy.

May 22, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with us—we'll be sharing this feedback with the Augusta leadership team. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

--T-Mobile Careers Team

7. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Georgia in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Georgia in Augusta, GA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

I worked here for 3 1/2 years. Benefits, paid time off, sick days, teammates, quiet room, cafeteria

Cons

Angry callers, too many metrics, micromanagement. My coaches would yell out the stats every hour. They want u to keep the call time low but also force u to sell, even to those asking to reduce their bills.

Advice to Management

Make "customer service" more important again, instead of sales being more important.

8. "..."

Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Augusta, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great ceo, company offers stock and awesome incentives to keep their employees happy.

Cons

it can be stressful, due to customer reactions and the limited options you have available you may feel defeated at times.

9. "Customer service rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Augusta, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment, good money, flexible hours, great insurance, childcare/tuition reimbursement, phenomenonal staff, discount shopping, room for promotion, low turn over rate, paid holidays, great gift giveaways, family oriented,

Cons

Job is aggravating, extremely monotonous,

Advice to Management

Possibly rotate job skills

10. "Best company ever"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Augusta, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture excellent benefits,and many opportunities to grow within.the company.

Cons

There are no cons to working at T-mobile.

Advice to Management

More interdepartmental career fairs would help employees to grow!

Showing 44 of 6,237 reviews