T-Mobile Reviews in Hawaiian Islands | Glassdoor

Hawaiian Islands Area

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "BEST Place to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots benefits and really great work environment

Cons

Nothing bad to say about T-mobile

2. "Best company I've worked for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kunia, HI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kunia, HI

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast pace, growing company, lots of opportunities, and good benefits.

Cons

Not enough personal time.

"SOA: undervalued, UNDERPAID position"

Current Employee - Store Operations Assistant in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Store Operations Assistant in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time

Pros

Great benefits (medical, dental, drug, vision, etc), plus so much more.

Cons

This particular position is GROSSLY underpaid. The tasks given to the SOA are all tasks that used to be completed by the assistant manager. Assistant Manager permissions are required to do some of the inventory work. But we are paid $10 per hour in my market. As a point of reference, McDonalds workers start at $9 per hour in my market and I'm sure they have far less responsibility. To make matters worse, the job is slated as a part-time position but the better you are at your job, the less likely you are to finish in 25 hours a week. I am relied on so heavily to maintain fixtures (I have no electrical background but I practically carry a tool belt at work), handle all merchandising, inventory in and out, returns, supply ordering, organization, daily POS paperwork, and so much more. If something in the store breaks, they look to me to fix it. If an accessory or phone is missing, they ask me when it's coming. If the reps screw up their trade-in process or mishandle their POS transactions, there goes my $100 bonus for the month. So my one incentive to do well is not even in my control.

Advice to Management

Pay for performance. Isn't that what we've always said. So pay your SOAs accordingly. Don't base their measly bonus on transactions that RSAs and RSMs control--there is absolutely nothing in it for the SOA to try harder, to encourage the reps to sell more accessories or phones, to make processes run smoother because we are not appreciated based on our comp structure.

"Great Benefits/Micro-management"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Honolulu, HI

Pros

-6 weeks vacation.
    -Employee phone program.
    -Great product.
    -Competitive plans.

Cons

-Micromanagement.
    -24/7 On Call.
    -Stress.
    -Management keeps changing mind.
    -Always coming up with ways to change, even if you are number 1, which tends to hurt.

Advice to Management

Leave top performing stores alone, focus on those who are not performing. If the wheel is not broken, do not keep trying to fix and change it.

5. "Great Place To Work As A Rep, Not A Manager"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Honolulu, HI

Pros

Generous PTO, competitive pay, benefts galore! Great team and incentive programs for top performers. Superior training and all the tools to help you succeed are available.

Cons

Always "ON CALL" as managment, time consuming, feels like you have to sign your soul to the Devil! Never been more stressed in my life! The corporate and upper management are always changing things just for the sake of change, and usually for the worst. Constantly raising quotas, even in down markets!!!

Advice to Management

Recently, you guys have been complicating, changing, and micro-managing EVERYTHING! Let the store managers run their own business as if it were their own, so long as important metrics are being met. Stop rasing our quotas so dramatically from month to month... 25, 50, 100, 200% m2m and y2y increases are very common.

6. "Enjoyable work environment"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Honolulu, HI

Pros

If you enjoy interacting with people and want a position were you can make significant income in commissions this would definetely be a good place to look for an entry level, part-time sales position. Great Benefits, relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Management's professionalism and effort to actually contribute to and support their team. Management positions can overwhelm some and this can trickle down to the team they direct.

Advice to Management

To assist employees in new management positions with their new positions.

Showing 6 of 6,238 reviews