T-Mobile Retail Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesRetail Sales Representative

3.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Great place to make some extra money"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are amazing! Not to mention as a Sales Rep, you get paid hourly plus commission.

Cons

It's a sales job so expect to sale whatever they tell you to sell.

Advice to Management

Be humble

2. "Sales associate"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can make your own schedule. Great for people in school. Commission can be great depending on store location. Hourly SHOULD BE NEGOTIATIATED BEFORE YOU START!!

Cons

They will try to give you a low hourly pay! They hire friends and family. Management can write you up for anything...but can also let you be free. Sometimes promotion is based on word of mouth. You have to be willing to work weekend and holidays.

Advice to Management

Promotion is best.

3. "Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Tustin, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Tustin, CA

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly loved working for T-Mobile. I joined back in 2014 when I was finishing up senior year for my undergrad. The flexibility, benefits and compensation that one can have access to is amazing. Company structured around commission + hourly rate. Upper management varies and are salary based. Would definitely recommend working for T-Mobile for anyone who wants to still do retail and sales, but at a different level of quality.

Cons

The constant restructuring of promos often causes customer disconnects. One of the few pesky things you have to deal with when it comes to customers, along with bill explanations (customers tend to forget what services they agree to).

Advice to Management

Make sure each rep is 100% knowledgeable on promos. Biggest reason for future customer escalations!

T-Mobile Response

Aug 9, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope you consider us for future career opportunities! Appreciate your suggestion about promos.

--Your T-Mobile Careers Team

4. "Money is good, work life balance not so much."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in North Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in North Las Vegas, NV

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commission and plan discount is awesome. Make as much as you want to.

Cons

Never a set schedule. Moving up was a constant batter because you are waiting around for your manager to take action. Requesting time off was always hard. Can't take off during holidays even for personal reasons. Favoritism is a factor. Things can be approved for one person but not another. Very stressful when the months are slow.

Advice to Management

Fit the needs for everyone. When you have someone who wants to move up, take the extra time to guide them. Be a part of the team.

5. "Been with the Company for several Months"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working under a third party retailer, basically the same as a corporate location. They really treat you like family and its a positive high energy working environment. I have had previous sales experience; however, if you do not, they will train and work with you until you are comfortable on the sales floor. Easy to get promoted if you want that title or experience.

Cons

Weeks of training, and still after you may feel like you have no idea what you're doing. Constant company updates and changes in sales/technology. Work schedules are ever changing. Commission is uncapped, however it is based off metrics, now core revenue, calculation is difficult. Also, it is holistically determined on the stores productivity.

Advice to Management

Less pressure on the sales team, we know it is important to meet quotas; however, some issues should not be addressed to the team alone. Good job on not out sourcing for higher positions.

6. "Going down hill"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Marietta, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time

Pros

Health benefits and nothing else. glassdoor requires five words for the pros section.

Cons

Too many to list:
    Poor management
    declining pay
    unpredictable working schedule
    unpredictable pay
    unpredictable amount of hours you will be working
    high pressure to hit unrealistic metrics
    they will not allow you to have a second job
    its virtually impossible to move up in this company
    the longer you work here the lower your salary will go

Advice to Management

stop lying to your employees

7. "Ups and Downs"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Bronx, NY

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, ability to create long lasting relationships with both coworkers and customers, unlimited potential to growing as a sales representative in a commission based environment.

Cons

some coworkers can be somewhat rude and it can become a bit hostile when someone wants to take a sale from you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job! Management really clamps down on fraudulent workers and identity thefts.

8. "Retail Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Miami, FL

Pros

Wonderful health, dental and overall benefits. Potential to make a comfortable living wage without a college degree. Flexible hours. Opportunity for growth. Charismatic employees that have potential to become long time friends.

Cons

Ever changing business models and comission structures. There should be more focus on product knowledge, effeciency and customer service (think Apple specialist). Higher focus on consultative selling.

9. "Decent environment, if you are on their good side"

Former Employee - Retail Associate Manager/Retail Sales Representative in College Station, TX

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The majority of people are extremely friendly, and not just the "I drank the kool-aid" type. The benefits are great, and you learn so much about sales in general because they really focus on development.

Cons

At times, the focus steered so far away from customer service toward strictly selling (at the expense of great customer service). The reason I enjoyed my job so much was because of the strong emphasis on creating a sales environment out of positive customer service. When that was no longer the case, I looked elsewhere for a career.

Advice to Management

There is an ethical middle ground between 100% customer service and 100% sales. Find that middle ground to build success in front-line stores. Having the least expensive plans, or the most amazing data plans, can only get you so far. Take care of the customer first and the sales will follow.

10. "Both fun and competitive"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Great benefits, fun work environment, decent pay, excellent company.

Cons

Your experience will vary store to store. I worked at multiple stores. The first was one was amazing, the second I struggled with management and coworkers.

Advice to Management

Don't put someone in charge solely based upon the fact that they have a college degree. Other managers in the past were far more qualified for the job.