T-Mobile Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends

1. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at T-Mobile (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay for the hours worked.
    Decent amount of PTO
    Discount on service

Cons

Management is always changing
    YOU WILL NOT MOVE UP IN THE COMPANY UNLESS YOU KISS BUTT. Period.
    You can't trust anybody.

Advice to Management

Learn to be more realistic when it comes to goals and traffic.

2. "Awful Experience"

I worked at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

Commission was okay. Being able to see the newest technology available.

Cons

Everything. Management. Hourly pay. A very unreal monthly quota. Threats to move you to a lower volume store if you dont hit monthly numbers every month.

3. "Horrible Birmingham call center"

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was good but it had to be in order to keep people there. They will glamour you with amenities to help hide the issues.

Cons

The General Manager/Director is not truthful. Leadership manipulates their numbers to meet goals. Leaders who have been promoted are not on the up and up. Top leadership CEO and his cronies (BB) are fooled by them and also put in a great show while in town. No leadership levels can be trusted. They will sacrifice others to save them selves. Beware, this is a most conniving/back stabbing/ manipulative person always wins environment.

Advice to Management

Really look at the turnover and leadership there. Talk to those who have left over the past two years. However when even the CEO is playing along, nothing will be done.

5. "Not a great company."

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Issaquah, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I could not think of any pros for working here. Generally this was just an awful company. I did not enjoy my time here.

Cons

Their hiring practices are unethical and probably illegal. I am ashamed to work here because of this nation-wide problem. I quit because this is a significant and embarrassing continuous issue.

6. "Going down hill"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Marietta, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time

Pros

Health benefits and nothing else. glassdoor requires five words for the pros section.

Cons

Too many to list:
    Poor management
    declining pay
    unpredictable working schedule
    unpredictable pay
    unpredictable amount of hours you will be working
    high pressure to hit unrealistic metrics
    they will not allow you to have a second job
    its virtually impossible to move up in this company
    the longer you work here the lower your salary will go

Advice to Management

stop lying to your employees

"Great pay, but at great sacrifice"

Former Employee - Financial Care Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Financial Care Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, . Not really much to speak on for pros and i was there for years. Ceo is cool .

Cons

High stress environment, most of the site develops mental issues such as anxj6 and depression. No work life balance. They try to position it that way but they have stipulations. Management is not good. Cliques. Hr doesn't respond to issues. Major disconnect from director to employees. Many metrics to exceed. Scheduling is not for someone with kids

Advice to Management

Be human. Speak up for your reps. Kill the crab in bucket mentality.

Feb 1, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

Thank you for your time at T-Mobile and your honest feedback here. Our Customer Service teams strive to make the call centers a best place to work as we are very frontline-focused knowing you all are ... More

8. "T-Mobile is a shady company."

Former Employee - Business Account Executive
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive

I worked at T-Mobile (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are real good. I really don't have anything else to say about that. I am just trying to get to the word minimum.

Cons

Management is very shady (Carolina Market). They will lie, cheat and steal. They lie about reporting numbers to upper management.

T-Mobile is a shady company with poor coverage. They only get customer with their gimmicks and "Magenta" but once the customers realize their cell service is poor, they go back to AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint.

Advice to Management

Nope. Just keep doing what you all are doing. I'm sure it will catch up to you sooner than later.

"Nothing special"

Current Employee - Network Operations Technician in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Network Operations Technician in Seattle, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible and understanding co-workers, overall simple job qualifications, relaxing atmosphere, quiet

Cons

no networking opportunities, no chances of moving up, treated interns poorly, lack of communication between staff and higher ups, boxy-small cubicles, small kitchen/eating area

Feb 1, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

We don't love getting negative reviews but they're really important for us. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here -- we hope you've shared them with your leaders directly, too. One suggestion for ... More

10. "TEX (CSR2)"

Former Employee - CSR2 in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - CSR2 in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at T-Mobile (Less than a year)

Pros

This is sells pure and simple. If you don't mind raising bills customers can not afford. Then this is the job for you. Good pay

Cons

Goals are not based on reality. No matter what you are required to get 35 call a day. This includes even when you are not on the phone IE training. Surveys are your fault good or bad even if the customer tells you that they are mad someone else there is no disputing them.

Advice to Management

Learn employee retention skills. Make goals more realistic. Learn your Job. employees loose competence in you fast when your key phrase is "I don't know".

Feb 1, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

As you know TEX is new for us so we're looking for lots of feedback. Thanks for sharing it here -- we hope you'll share your experience with your local leadership team too. We look at many factors ... More

"Can't Wait To Quit...."

Current Employee - T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opens late, Closes early & comission each month is decent. Flexible with school. Discounted bill, Thats it really. Part time.

Cons

This company does not care about tenure to their employees. They only care about right now and what the associate can do for that month. Not the history of the employee. Not a consistent job. You have to be perfect all the time. They will let you go if you can't change the way you sell. Management is terrible they Micromanage for no reason. They get upset quickly if things dont go their way. They hound you if you don't sell the way they want. Their raises is chum change. They make you clean their store when they have the money to hire cleaners instead of making the associates do it. The managers are wishy washy and condescending. The quotas are nearly impossible to hit. Its a challenging job mentally. You will leave with a headache at the end of every shift. They play favortism alot with employees. We are the face of the company. We should get paid more. They dont have seats for the employees or customers because transactions take anywhere from 5 minutes to 2-3 hours sometimes. We need chairs for customers and employees. Customers are demanding and theres no room for growth. They cater to bilingualism alot than people who dont know a second language. Most of the clientele is Spanish-speaking customers who wont talk to anyone other than a bilingual spanish speaking associates. DM's (big bosses) come to the stores for no reason just to visit.

Advice to Management

Be nice to your tenured employees. Stop micromanaging and breathing down our necks, hire cleaners for your stores. And hire different ethnicities if you want diversity. If we dont hit quota its not the end of the world. We aren't perfect, we are human beings who need jobs. Don't threaten us if we dont hit one quota.

Feb 1, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

It’s tough when we receive reviews like this, but we’re glad you took the time to tell us how you feel. We also hope you’ve expressed your thoughts directly with your leadership team. It’s important ... More

Showing 277 of 5,419 reviews