T-Mobile Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All Cities

2.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Retail Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer MFLAR in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer MFLAR in Miami, FL

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting great people
    Cell phone discount

Cons

1.T-Mobile constantly changes the commission structure, making you think you’re earning more but you’re earning way less.
    2. I worked there for 4 years, I tried very hard to move up, made it to last interviews but was never promoted even when I was over qualified. It’s all politics.
    3. Management is horrible, they only care about what they’re making and never help.

Advice to Management

Managers should help reps become stronger as opposed to sitting in the back telling them what to do. Half these managers can’t do what they ask of the reps

2. "Enlightening"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in South Richmond Hill, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in South Richmond Hill, NY

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to help people and stay on your feet the whole day, don’t really see that many bad people

Cons

You don’t get trained properly, manager yells at us a lot, tells us we’re not good at our job etc

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees correctly

3. "No path for growth and low salary in HR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Human Resources in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Human Resources in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part about my role was the work itself. I enjoyed bringing innovative ideas to fruition and had success in launching several initiatives.

Cons

This company is full of lifers who have been in the same role or dept for a long time. This stagnates growth for those who want to accelerate their career.

Compensation is about 25% lower than industry average.

Advice to Management

Management needs to do a better job of rotating talent.

"What was once exceptional has become sub par."

Current Employee - Mobile Expert in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Mobile Expert in Tampa, FL

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Relatively flexible schedule.

Cons

No upward mobility.
    Constant depression of wages through unfair commission changes.
    Out of touch leadership.
    Obvious money grabbing for shareholders through the lowering of commission structure for retail employees who have no recourse or input heeded by management.

Advice to Management

I have worked for this company, happily I might add, for more than 5 years. I have seen the highs and lows. Unfortunately, as the company has grown its customer base, they have decreased the pay of their commissioned employees. Of course, the response to that is always sell more, make more. While that seems obvious, the truth is I see compensation going up for management and executives, but down for all of us little guys. I had to get a second job to make ends meet, as have many Reps who used to make a decent living. When we have to work for Lyft/Uber and Amazon Flex, or Shipt to get by, after years of solid income from our high stress sales position, it certainly puts a damper on the overall morale of front line employees.
    Over the last 2 years the commission structure has been incrementally and systematically depressed. We have received stock in lieu of real raises. Hours have been cut SIGNIFICANTLY in Corporate retail stores. T-Mobile has made a major investment in TPR stores. The Third Party stores are A CONSTANT PROBLEM for COR store employees because they are not trained properly, have poor leadership in place, and have few scruples when it comes to selling the products and services, causing significant amounts of time to be spent by COR employees to correct these problems. What bothers me most about this is everyone knows it to be the case, but its cheaper for T-Mo to pay a third party than add COR employees.

You have good will with your employees. But, it isn't unlimited.

"Tex expert"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salem, OR

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love helping our customers who call for a multitude of reasons. The feedback I receive from the thankful makes the not so nice ones easier to deal with. Steep discount on cell service. Personal time off accrues at nearly 6 hours for every 80 worked. Bonus pay adds many extra dollars per hour to the check. Short and long term disability benefits. Decent health insurance. Most coaches have started as a rep so they understand the job.

Cons

The new concept of Team of Experts (tex) was supposed to do away with the general care teams. We went from a group of 12 csrs with 2 support people and we were able to take breaks and lunch together, to a team of 30 with 2 support people and everyone has different break schedules so you don't get to have lunch with anyone. So much for team building. We were also promised not to have to change schedules every 6 months, but that has gone away as well. The lack of training on new plans or promotions feels defeating. Often times the media knows what is happening before employees. The metrics are difficult to meet and unfortunately if you don't bonus, your coach doesn't bonus so even if you are showing up every day, doing your best every day but have a tough month - it's seen as failure. More unfortunate is that most metrics for bonus are based upon things outside of your control.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. Trust that we are there for more than just a paycheck. And if you can't trust us, why did you hire us to begin with? The idea that every minute of your day has to be accounted for (and yes, you have to get a doctor to fill out a 2 page questionnaire if you need to pee more often than your breaks allow you), that we're made to come up with answers to why you're not selling at least $12/hr for every hour you work and the complete lack of support is dehumanizing.

6. "Awful"

Current Employee - Mobile Expert in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Mobile Expert in Rockville, MD

Pros

Commission, coworkers. Discounted rate plan

Cons

Management, Training, Hourly pay rate

Advice to Management

I’ve noticed that management will promise associates certain things and not follow through. I was hired full time, yet I’m only getting 30 hours a week. Management is not helpful at all. Associates are constantly asking for more in depth training and management doesn’t care. Management will let associates fail. Management also talks to the associates with zero respect. The store I work at has a huge turn around rate for a reason. Either management gets tired of people and fire them within the first 90 days or associates just quit. My advice to anyone is to work at a corporate store and not a third party store. Oh and with third party store usually the associate has to wait to get their commission. At the store I work at it’s three months. Usually people don’t last three months at this store so nobody ever gets commission. Also the benefits aren’t worth anything. The health/dental/vision coverage is too expensive for any of the associates to afford. Overall a terrible place to work.

7. "Don't blame the reps"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, flexible schedule, laid back environment.

Cons

Very heavy pushing of sales, money based operations, and very slow days. Would maybe see three or four customers in one ten hour shift, all of them having outstanding payments or bad credit, and then get yelled at for having low or no sales.

Advice to Management

If your store brings in very little traffic, don't blame the reps when the sales are low. And don't fire them if their coworkers have one lucky weekend while they were off and pull ahead in sales.

"Honest"

Current Employee - Financial Care Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Financial Care Representative in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some co-workers have become family, tenure recognition, ability to keep my manager through rankings, open door policy for feedback, constantly (trying) to improve even if the actions taken do not always help, larger opportunity for growth than most companies even though I was not picked for the two jobs I applied for.

Cons

I have not received an inflation appropriate raise since I have been employed. I do not like that amount of work I do for the amount of pay I receive. I work extremely hard. The metrics are often unrealistic but I always end up exceeding performance goals so I have not had an issue personally as others have there. There are some seriously bad coaches and managers but if you can avoid them you will be okay. Several of their 3rd party administrators cause liabilities and their work avoidance causes stress on employees who need to utilize these great benefits we pay for. The stress from the job keeps me up at night, causes anxiety attacks, depressive episodes, bouts of rage and panic attacks.

T-Mobile Response

Jan 11, 2018 – T-Mobile Careers Team

Thank you for candid feedback. We hope that you've shared your concerns with your local leadership team and ESP.
    --Your T-Mobile Careers Team

9. "COO"

Former Employee - Chief Operating Officer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Chief Operating Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at T-Mobile (Less than a year)

Pros

Good enviornment and friendly staff

Cons

Cuts on lines, fake deals

Advice to Management

Dont lie

10. "Retail Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

health care. Loved it my first year then things began to change along with crooked management that will work you to death.

Cons

Poor management, keep cutting commission, you can be the best selling machine in the district and they would hire a dummy that sits in the back and is not passionate about sales. This place has caused me severe health issues. The ones that out sale everyone do not seem to move up. The people that work hard to grow are set back by management.

Advice to Management

be passionate about your job, show up to work, no favoring others, help motivate and sell and set a positive mood for others. Be QUALIFIED?

Showing 619 of 6,488 reviews