T-Mobile Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Nashville, TN

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed the people I worked with and the company as a whole. The call center I worked for makes sure we had a fun environment to work in. There were lots of good benefits. Great discount on phone services.

Cons

No work life balance. Some of the coaches were terrible which is the reason I left. The last coach I had was no good whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Some of the coaches are terrible! Get rid of them and find some that care about their employees.

2. "Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Tustin, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Tustin, CA

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly loved working for T-Mobile. I joined back in 2014 when I was finishing up senior year for my undergrad. The flexibility, benefits and compensation that one can have access to is amazing. Company structured around commission + hourly rate. Upper management varies and are salary based. Would definitely recommend working for T-Mobile for anyone who wants to still do retail and sales, but at a different level of quality.

Cons

The constant restructuring of promos often causes customer disconnects. One of the few pesky things you have to deal with when it comes to customers, along with bill explanations (customers tend to forget what services they agree to).

Advice to Management

Make sure each rep is 100% knowledgeable on promos. Biggest reason for future customer escalations!

"Retail associate manager"

Current Employee - Retail Associate Manager in Spring Valley, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Associate Manager in Spring Valley, NY

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere and very positive company, great company discount on service and great benefits. Rapid growth in telecommunications industry. Great upset management

Cons

None that I can think of. Not all sales reps are full time. Tmobile is a great company overall. Must use down time wisely in order to succeed

4. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

Bonuses, tv's, cell phones, gadgets.

Cons

Retail, consumer interface, long hours. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Work hard.

5. "Retail sales"

Current Employee - Sals in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sals in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount, If u sell a lot u could make good money

Cons

Retail hours, Sell on commission,

"Truthful Review"

Current Employee - Retail Associate Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Associate Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company overall, changing the wireless industry.

Very high internal promotion rate, but because it is great company middle management never leaves (Con) so it very possible to get stuck if you are at the store level.

Most middle to upper management has been there 8+ years so they have experience.

Flexible Scheduling, but still a retail work-life balance anywhere from 9am-10pm.

Great benefits and stock bonuses.

Cons

They are always changing the commission structures, to obviously squeeze savings on paying store level employees and management. And then sugar coating it as a good thing.

Pressure on store management to hit goals and compensation targets leads to cramming of features and services by store employees.

Very difficult to move up, because no one at or above the store manager level leaves unless promoted or fired. Even then people are already lined to take the position. Sometimes interviews aren't even held when a position is available because people are just slid right in by middle and upper management.

Call centers and stores are never on the same page, causing headaches for customers.

Advice to Management

Create more cross-functional programs between retail, corporate, and engineering. A lot of talent is being wasted in retail when it could be used elsewhere in the company.

"Things have changed, and not for the better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers - great people who work hard
    Good middle managers

Cons

No annual raise - despite "killing it" results and the CEO getting a substantial increase
    Horrible physical work environment - crammed, open seating. People taking meetings in hallways and stairwells.
    Technology tools that rarely work well
    Base pay is okay, but not enough to make up for the decline in environment

Advice to Management

Remember that huge teams back up the frontline and fight for the frontline everyday. Acknowledge them too.

Don't insult our intelligence when you postpone raises. State the true reasons and don't dress it up as a perk.

We at the headquarters need to be able to afford to live in this area. Take home pay trumps small stock grants that vest over multiple years and cost us in taxes.

Perhaps you could give up your elaborate offices and work at a touchdown station for a couple of weeks. Who needs walls.... collaborate.

"Extremely unprofessional management..."

Former Employee - Retail Support Associate in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Retail Support Associate in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing about the company is good, they are marketing-driven, not customer-driven.

Cons

You are just a number, and management is toxic, uneducated, unprofessional, and abusive.

Advice to Management

Trainer and team management was just terrible. I worked at a call center. Training classes were full of immature people who made crude jokes and started bullying this one young lady, who was a little slower at getting the material than the rest of us. She was nice, well-dressed (better than the rest of us), and she was very professional, eager to learn, and really wanted to be there. The trainer was soooooo completely lazy and just showed slides, was annoyingly cryptic about the material so we really couldn't know what to study on our own time to help us in class, and what's worse, he often made extremely inappropriate comments about this young lady, who was trying so hard to make it. This guy isn't even the reason I'm writing this, there is more and it gets worse, but this trainer was bad enough to warrant this review. He made comments like, "Some of us [looks at young lady dramatically in front of everyone in class] obviously had a realllllllly good interview." Then one time she asked a legitimate question, and he was over it and said, "Are you just confused or did you hit your head?" Unfortunately, other students started joining in and making little comments like one person who was partnered with this lady said out loud, "[Loud sigh] God, I need a new partner." This poor woman was coming in earlier and leaving later trying. When we got to graduation, they gave us all certificates that had "Best [Something]" Awards, and this young lady got "Slowest Learner" as a joke and then it was "Best Shoes." Best Shoes. REALLY?! We all got self-esteem boosters, and there were plenty of nice things that could have been chosen that would have been more productive. CHILDISH. This was mild, compared to what I'm going to share with you next, but it is a toxic pattern that runs deep within the company environment...

So, we all finished training, got on a team, and right away, the Coach allowed for another woman to be blatantly bullied in front of my team EVERY DAY, by his second-in-command. It was incredible, this woman was treated horribly, yelled at and humiliated on a daily basis. This Team "Leader" had it out for this poor woman, she was dressed very nicely, was on time, and never stood up for herself in our group setting. Our "boss" would throw a tantrum and was very unprofessional over the dumbest things, but it was never towards anyone else, it was ALWAYS towards this woman. Again, bullying started and a group of girls, not women, started in on her saying very cruel things. I happened to be near this group of girls, and they were talking about how she smelled bad or something. I sat near her and this was the most put together woman on the team. She was always dressed above and beyond the dress code with nice hair, makeup, perfume, the works, she was very pretty, she was very well-spoken and educated, very kind, and I think these girls hated that, they never dressed nicely, didn't graduate high school, and had the vocabulary of a middle schooler, at best. Jealousy. But the girls weren't the problem, our Coach allowed verbal and psychological abuse towards this woman to continue by his second-in-command, they created a very stressful and hostile environment towards her, EVERY SINGLE DAY, she was being yelled at like she was two years old, she was being humiliated in front of the team, and she was always singled out. I went to management, I didn't want to see that abuse every day, even though I was not the one being subjected to it. I will tell you this: This abused woman was going to be a very smart, bright asset that this company would've been proud of in a few years. She was always one of the best when it came to how often people called back, but the focus was call time [which went down eventually]. The trashy girls, and inept and grossly unprofessional management fostered a TOXIC environment that wasn't a team and felt like a stupid, bad high school drama. I've never seen anything like it, even when I actually was in high school. I got my my old job back. I was completely DISGUSTED with this company. This was a pattern, not an abnormality...

9. "Great for student!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at T-Mobile part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, decent pay, good discount on service

Cons

Retail, having quotas on selling things nobody wants or needs

Advice to Management

Fix back end systems. Change pay structure to award associates for over indexing. Fix reporting my God!

10. "Sr. Career Agent"

Current Employee - Senior Leadership Program Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Leadership Program Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time

Pros

Great culture, engaging work, awesome CEO! Good pay!

Cons

Really extrovert organization tough for those introverts in the field

Showing 5,765 of 5,949 reviews