T-Mobile Reviews in Springfield, MO | Glassdoor

Springfield, MO Area

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Cons

1. "Upbeat place to work, great benefits with good pay. Besides the cliquey attitudes within the place is a great company."

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Springfield, MO

Pros

Great benefits including daycare spending account, tuition reimbursement, cheap insurance with good co-pays.

Cons

Changing schedule every 6 months, managers playing favoritism, cliques withing the call center with a who knows who to move up.

Advice to Management

Favoritism brings morale down

2. "Decent pay for frontline"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Possible huge bonuses for top performers, rotating schedules, and multiple chances to go on company paid trips. Must be a top performer for those though

Cons

Only opportunity to move up is to stay in operations. Leadership doesn't always take time to recognize reps if they aren't in the top 15

Advice to Management

Invest more than 5 minutes of time with your people.

T-Mobile Response

Feb 27, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

Thank you for your feedback! We want each team member to know their role is important to our everyday business and we have various recognition programs in place to do so. Ask to have a SYNC/INVEST ... More

3. "Good job for the area"

Current Employee - Tech Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Tech Specialist in Springfield, MO

Pros

Great benefits, insurance is awesome there, it is very laid back there and u get tons of tmobile swag!

Cons

call after call with 2 breaks a day and favoritism. It is rampant there and most bosses care more about the numbers.

Advice to Management

Actually give everyone a coaching and listen to people

"Tech Support"

Former Employee - Technical Care Specialist in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Care Specialist in Springfield, MO

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you were lucky to get a nice coach or senior, it made things easier and made the job much less stressful. Great pay and benefits all around and enough things to take you off the phone such as training or small events. The pay was pretty good as well.

Cons

This place is very much a clique. Unless you have a coach/senior that like you, the job will be difficult. If you're different in some ways (such as mental disabilities), then you are not going to be in a clique with your coworkers and will mostly be on the sidelines. It is very metric based, which typically would not be an issue, but it can be and will be taken to an extreme. As an example, I was suffering from Major Depressive Disorder and severe anxiety for over a year and finding medication that helped was difficult. I had attempted to commit suicide several times over the course of 2 months until I was put into the hospital. I was out of work for 2 months on approved LoA, but when I returned to my same coach, new senior, I felt alienated from the get go. There was a constant push to get stats in line, but feedback wasn't applicable and they seemed to be playing against me the entire time. There was some attempt to help me, however it felt forced, and there was no compassion. Try as I may, I was not able to get in line with them, and although my stats improved immensely, and I was doing better than when I had left, they decided to let me go, out of the blue.

All in all, it would be a nice place to work if it wasn't so cliqueish and the stigma of depression and anxiety wasn't blatantly obvious.

Advice to Management

Don't pretend to be someone's friend, or to have support if that isn't your intent the whole time.

6. "Sweatshop! Profane and unprofessional environment"

Former Employee - Tier III PDA Tech Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Tier III PDA Tech Representative in Springfield, MO

Pros

No bathroom breaks NO LIE, instructed to "just hold it" until call volume declines, the Windows 10 free upgrade resulted in thousands of subscribers unable to download 5GB from their mobile hotspot and flooded the queues.
    RAP music blares loudly from employees desks and IT'S ENCOURAGED !!!! Profanity between reps can be heard by my customer and it often appalls subscribers !
    No wonder customers are exiting en mass.

Cons

Loud music, ball and chain tether to your desk at the expense of my bladder, management is unprofessional and lacks leadership.

Advice to Management

Retire, leave and replace yourselves with professional executives with real leadership. Turn off the music, "Being Magenta" doesn't mean being crass.

7. "Great Place to Grow ... and Stay!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Benefits and Compensation
    Un-Carrier approach to Customer Service, Leadership, and Decision Making
    Feedback and Performance Based culture
    Focus on promoting from the front line

Cons

Might not be a "cons" for everyone, but extensive travel or relocation required the higher your go in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on Un-Carrier in all decision making. Don't give up on change initiatives. Trickle down transparent communication throughout all leadership at all levels

"Tech Support Expert"

Current Employee - Missouri in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Missouri in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing environment, daily ongoing support and encouragement! Encouragement to rise above and reach for the next level in your career.

Cons

The 6 month shift change as it seems I have just been in the groove with new coach and senior for last 2 months and it's time to realign.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing because it feels good, it looks good and the atmosphere is contagious!

9. "Working at T-Mobile"

Current Employee - Trainer in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Trainer in Springfield, MO

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, take care of their employees

Cons

none at this time, great!

Advice to Management

na

10. "Facilitator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Pros

Wonderful position , very lucrative as well enjoyable

Cons

Tons of information changing daily

"Good company to work for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really try to make your job as easy and fun as possible. Massage rooms, video games, parties, free stuff, on-site food, fitness room, and even a nap room. The company really takes care of its employees.

Cons

The job itself. Much of the time, customers are upset and unpleasant to deal with. High stress job because of this. Get yelled at by customers most of the day.

Advice to Management

Management was great when I worked there. They were approachable and knew how to do the job well. I highly commend management.

Showing 39 of 5,746 reviews