T-Mobile Reviews in Wichita, KS | Glassdoor

Wichita, KS Area

4.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Great job for the right person"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, environment and benefits

Cons

Keeping stats up can be stressful

"Extremely unprofessional management..."

Former Employee - Retail Support Associate in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Retail Support Associate in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing about the company is good, they are marketing-driven, not customer-driven.

Cons

You are just a number, and management is toxic, uneducated, unprofessional, and abusive.

Advice to Management

Trainer and team management was just terrible. I worked at a call center. Training classes were full of immature people who made crude jokes and started bullying this one young lady, who was a little slower at getting the material than the rest of us. She was nice, well-dressed (better than the rest of us), and she was very professional, eager to learn, and really wanted to be there. The trainer was soooooo completely lazy and just showed slides, was annoyingly cryptic about the material so we really couldn't know what to study on our own time to help us in class, and what's worse, he often made extremely inappropriate comments about this young lady, who was trying so hard to make it. This guy isn't even the reason I'm writing this, there is more and it gets worse, but this trainer was bad enough to warrant this review. He made comments like, "Some of us [looks at young lady dramatically in front of everyone in class] obviously had a realllllllly good interview." Then one time she asked a legitimate question, and he was over it and said, "Are you just confused or did you hit your head?" Unfortunately, other students started joining in and making little comments like one person who was partnered with this lady said out loud, "[Loud sigh] God, I need a new partner." This poor woman was coming in earlier and leaving later trying. When we got to graduation, they gave us all certificates that had "Best [Something]" Awards, and this young lady got "Slowest Learner" as a joke and then it was "Best Shoes." Best Shoes. REALLY?! We all got self-esteem boosters, and there were plenty of nice things that could have been chosen that would have been more productive. CHILDISH. This was mild, compared to what I'm going to share with you next, but it is a toxic pattern that runs deep within the company environment...

So, we all finished training, got on a team, and right away, the Coach allowed for another woman to be blatantly bullied in front of my team EVERY DAY, by his second-in-command. It was incredible, this woman was treated horribly, yelled at and humiliated on a daily basis. This Team "Leader" had it out for this poor woman, she was dressed very nicely, was on time, and never stood up for herself in our group setting. Our "boss" would throw a tantrum and was very unprofessional over the dumbest things, but it was never towards anyone else, it was ALWAYS towards this woman. Again, bullying started and a group of girls, not women, started in on her saying very cruel things. I happened to be near this group of girls, and they were talking about how she smelled bad or something. I sat near her and this was the most put together woman on the team. She was always dressed above and beyond the dress code with nice hair, makeup, perfume, the works, she was very pretty, she was very well-spoken and educated, very kind, and I think these girls hated that, they never dressed nicely, didn't graduate high school, and had the vocabulary of a middle schooler, at best. Jealousy. But the girls weren't the problem, our Coach allowed verbal and psychological abuse towards this woman to continue by his second-in-command, they created a very stressful and hostile environment towards her, EVERY SINGLE DAY, she was being yelled at like she was two years old, she was being humiliated in front of the team, and she was always singled out. I went to management, I didn't want to see that abuse every day, even though I was not the one being subjected to it. I will tell you this: This abused woman was going to be a very smart, bright asset that this company would've been proud of in a few years. She was always one of the best when it came to how often people called back, but the focus was call time [which went down eventually]. The trashy girls, and inept and grossly unprofessional management fostered a TOXIC environment that wasn't a team and felt like a stupid, bad high school drama. I've never seen anything like it, even when I actually was in high school. I got my my old job back. I was completely DISGUSTED with this company. This was a pattern, not an abnormality...

3. "pros and cons"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great team spirit, motivation, good CEO, great benefits

Cons

stressful work environment, not enough employees for work load, over targeted

Advice to Management

not to pressure employees so much with targets

4. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Coach in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Coach in Wichita, KS

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome place to work and grow.

Cons

There is no cons as of yet to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Not the best"

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, fun environment, lots of giveaways, overtime, the best thing was the benefits when working at the call center

Cons

Scheduling options, stress, metrics never stayed the same, coaches were not very helpful, lack of support and direction when needed to make myself better on phones

Advice to Management

Think more of your employees, be realistic and fair in metrics and policies

6. "Great Company Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, fun environment, paid time off

Cons

Poor leadership, long hours, ambulance there almost daily due to the stress of the calls

Advice to Management

Work on getting better leaders in the door

7. "Call center rep"

Former Employee - Kansas in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Kansas in Wichita, KS

Pros

Fun atmosphere, good work life balance

Cons

Blanket training and coachng. What works for some doesn't always work for others.

8. "Overall great place to work."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun work atmosphere. Great job at showing appreciation.

Cons

Stats could be a little more realistic

9. "CSR1"

Former Employee - Csr1 in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Wichita, KS

I worked at T-Mobile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great monthly incentives, benefits, and pay. Training was super awesome and I learned a lot. I ended up making top sales out of everyone in my training class.

Cons

I got stuck with a really awful coach. I normally don't complain about the people because I know there are always people that are difficult to work for/with. Her name is Brandi Clark and she made my life a living hell. I hated going to work everyday and when I brought it to the attention of HR it went unnoticed.

Advice to Management

If you have multiple complaints about an individual, get rid of them. Brandi Clark caused me to hate my position. I should have been able to enjoy it and prosper. Not everyone is perfect, and that is definitely okay. However when you have an employee bringing down everyone's morale, you have to take action on that.

"I think T-Mobile is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

Pros

If you do well you definitely will succeed. And their benefits are awesome. T-mobile is a good place to work. They also have great bonuses.

Cons

Loud music in the background. You try to talk on the phone and sometimes you hear the music more than the customer.

Showing 43 of 5,954 reviews