T-Mobile "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

T-Mobile Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2020

4.0

"Great Place to Be. Rough Place to Work"

Former Employee - Mobile Expert in Fullerton, CA

I worked at T-Mobile part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company benefits such as service discounts, a LOT of PTO hours, RSUs, health insurance, and 401k match as an entry level job were quite astonishing. Even more-so as a part-time employee. Most (not all) of my coworkers and management were great to work with! Customer-facing areas were well-kept, modern, and very well air-conditioned I was proud to be a part of the T-Mobile for the last 4 years. Company for the most part kept up with a lot of their promises when the Uncarrier vision was first announced!

Cons

There were a lot of unrealistic sales metrics that were made that weren't reflective of what the store's traffic was capable of pushing out. The pressure went from the top down. From the Regional Manager, to the District Manager, to the Retail Store Manager and to us as the Mobile Experts. I could tell that everyone was walking on eggshells when it came to metrics. It didn't start out like this, but it's become a bigger issue over time where expectations only became more difficult on us as a store to function. Upper management would sometimes hire people that were not qualified for this kind of work and some HR related issues have come up leading to people either getting fired, or just leaving (me included). ME's that were bi-lingual were allotted a lot more customers by design, but hourly compensation wasn't any different, and even though more sales opportunities came, more often than not, there were more problems/BS troubleshooting followed. Work-life balance is a lot more difficult than anticipated. 5-6 days a week, but the retail hours can be long and daunting when they're frequently open or closing shifts. (Especially as a key-holder. More power = A LOT more responsibilities) A lot of in-house products/services were not fully tested and had a lot of issues at launch. T-Vision, the REVVL line of phones, FamilyMode, SyncUP Drive (bad at launch. but now actually very well done) all seem to be half-baked and rushed to the market to corner a market that's already overly saturated or doesn't exhibit any need for it. Along with that, a lot of core and crucial retail systems were changed; again, without proper testing and caused a lot of issues with sales to customers due to lost time and just plain frustration due to systems not working correctly. I won't name them, but our POS systems, customer waiting list, postpaid and prepaid activation and management system (separate systems) , and company information portal were all redesigned over the years and have had a lot of issues at launch. Countless lost sales resulted due to systems being down, or being so buggy that the customer was even concerned with reliability of T-Mobile if internal systems were so poorly done.

Advice to Management

There were more cons than pros for a reason. All of these things can be addressed if upper management and corporate wasn't so out of touch with retail. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE test all systems before launch. I think it'll not only make it a great experience for front-line retail, but for customers coming in to join T-Mobile. Go back to the original format of the Un-Carrier! There was so much focus on being customer-centered and that was what made people walk in the door. Businesses need to make money; I get that, but there's a balance that can be achieved if a great customer experience can work hand-in-hand with staying profitable.

T-Mobile2019-09-24
  2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome culture, very good benefits, fantastic work life balance

Cons

Benefits don’t include gym membership subsidy, sick time deducts from PTO, very little upward mobility in certain markets.

T-Mobile2019-09-06

"Great work life balance, but bennies are lacking"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun work environment, good work/life balance, magenta!

Cons

Health insurance is welfare recipient level and you have to contribute to it to cover just yourself! (Aetna or United Healthcare) I’ve actually had Dr office’s tell me they don’t accept Medicare when I tell them I have Aetna. They don’t contribute to your FSA, the 401k matching is minimal, overall—I’ve seen better bennies at much smaller companies.

Advice to Management

I don’t want to have to leave a job I love for better health insurance

T-Mobile2019-09-15
  4. "Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance; Great culture and awesome executive leadership

Cons

Less than tech industry pay

T-Mobile2019-09-03
  5. "Pretty decent but difficult at times"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I liked my co-workers and my boss worked with us rather than telling us what to do. We had knowledgeable staff and management that would help us with whatever we needed. However, some management was better than others. I worked in a few stores and some stores were really bad to work for. It all depends on the boss. The job can be very stressful with the wrong management.

Cons

Inconsistent mangement, difficult work/life balance, lots of employee turnover

Advice to Management

hire those with talent not longevity.

T-Mobile2019-09-14
  6. "Room to grow !"

Former Employee - T-Mobile Mobile Expert in Orlando, FL

I worked at T-Mobile part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent hourly pay ,plus commission

Cons

Work/life balance can be tough sometimes.

T-Mobile2019-08-05
  7. "Retail store manager"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits and work life balance

Cons

Hard to name any, exciting job

T-Mobile2019-07-30
  8. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to drive your carrier. Lot of opportunities and exposure.

Cons

Poor work - life balance.

Advice to Management

Speedup Agile & SAFe adoption

T-Mobile2019-07-27
  9. "Great work life balance and growing/changing workplace."

Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Good work/life balance - Growth focused - Inclusive - Challenging

Cons

- Room for growth is minimal if you are not at HQ in Seattle - Work experience and culture does get affected depending on immediate leadership

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for people not working at HQ

T-Mobile2019-07-22
  10. "Working at TMobile"

Current Employee - Mobile Expert in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at T-Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work flexible hours . Good work/life balance

Cons

Changes in system. Changes in commission structure every 6 months

T-Mobile2019-07-09