T. Rowe Price Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
William J. Stromberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Also the overtime is terrible for anyway who wants a work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• You're basically a glorified call center rep (in 28 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training program and knowledgeable supervisors!

Cons

None I have come across

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Client Services Intern"

I worked at T. Rowe Price part-time

Pros

Spent 2 weeks training however still had assistance from collegues once on the floor and starting the job.

Cons

Maybe train on more workload

3. "Retail Account Management - RAM"

Current Employee - Retail Account Management in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Retail Account Management in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at T. Rowe Price (More than a year)

Pros

Teamwork and comradery is great at TRP. Team outings and gatherings, both inside and outside of the workplace, are a regular occurring event and it truly does add to the teams overall cohesiveness. TRP is also very active in the community so there are several opportunities throughout the year to give back to some of your favorite charities. These events typically get you out of the office for a day and give you the chance to work in some fun environments i.e. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo or Habitat for Humanity's home building sites.

Cons

The hours can be lengthy through tax season.

Advice to Management

None- they all rocked!

4. "Good place to work. Good colleagues and lots of opportunities."

Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Portfolio Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Meritocracy. Encouraged to work hard and often rewarded.good opportunities. A wide variety of jobs, and can move around. The firm helps with education at nearby schools.

Cons

Lots of competition, but encouraged to work together as a team. Sometimes it's hard to transition from one part of the company to another.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a good job. Good entry level jobs and opportunities for advancement.

5. "Financial services rep"

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and benefits. Plenty of paid time off

Cons

The starting salaries in most positions are beloe average

"You will not experience instant success - you will have to work for it!"

Former Employee - Group Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Group Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at T. Rowe Price just a few months short of 15 years. During the first 3 years of my career, I would constantly ask myself "why am I being overlooked?" I would blame my lack of career advancement on others, in particular, I thought management was incompetent at the time.

Shortly after that point in time, I got a gut punch. I started to realize that I was pointing my finger at the wrong person. I started to try something new, I went about setting goals. Albeit some goals had nothing to do with work, however others did. I took the step of trying to volunteer for new opportunities, however at first nothing came up. So instead of having self-pity, I started to learn more about my role in between phone calls. Instead of sitting idle doing nothing, I challenged myself to learn everything I could about my role. I started to expand myself further, I started off by reading one new book a month and that quickly grew into reading two or three new books a month. During group meetings, town halls or training sessions - I started to speak up. I started to ask thoughtful questions, I started sharing some of my best practices...I even asked for help on how I could improve professionally.

From there, the approximate next 11 years of my career at T. Rowe Price were amazing. I had a burning desire to do more - I would never say no when given a new task or responsibility. I would never turn down a non-promotional move to another department. At times I would be overwhelmed, however I was able to work through it. By continuing to push myself personally and professional, I started to see changes. It was not overnight, it took time. As I progressed from individual contributor roles to various leadership roles, I found a new set of challenges, rewards and even failures. I was not perfect, and at times I felt that I let my staff down. However, I had a great set of direct reports and an amazing manager. When I failed at something, it was not the end of the world - it hurt like hell at the time, however the support structure I had was amazing.

It has been a little bit of time since my departure from T. Rowe Price. When I reflect back on my time there, I have to give it 5 stars! I was able to experience so many things and was able to work in almost every department in the Tampa office during my tenure. All I can hope for is that someone who is at a point in their career where they are questioning things - take a moment to self reflect. You may be having a moment like I had earlier in my career, if so, it's never too late to reinvent yourself! If you take advantage of what T. Rowe Price can offer you and don't expect instant success - I think you will find that it is a great company to develop yourself.

Cons

If you are only focused on the pay, it is not a good fit for you.

Don't get me wrong, it was not all sunshine. At times you will have great suggestions - and they will be overlooked or not implemented. I would say to my direct reports at times, I consider it a success if only 9 out of 10 of my ideas get turned down. I don't see that as a T. Rowe Price fault - it is just life, not all your ideas get implemented.

Very supportive environment - can sometimes be too supportive for lower performing associates.

Advice to Management

During my tenure, we would put a lot of focus "top box" associates in succession planning. Spend a little more time on talent you might be overlooking...the 5 time Super Bowl champion was overlooked by many.

7. "Internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at T. Rowe Price as an intern

Pros

Managers allow employees to work freely

Cons

Not a lot of work for intern to do

8. "Strong Programs"

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Baltimore, MD
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Baltimore, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very strong internship programs at T. Rowe Price for junior and senior undergraduates. Well respected firm with attractive opportunities post-grad for students.

Cons

All was positive with them.

9. "Very happy"

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time

Pros

Excellent 401k company contributions. Growth opportunities.

Cons

Time off is limited

10. "Excellent Firm / Very Satisfying Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Executive leadership is top-notch, career paths in many disciplines, great associate development, outstanding firm reputation, industry leader, competitive compensation and benefits

Cons

historically slow to action, but that appears to be changing