T. Rowe Price Reviews | Glassdoor

T. Rowe Price Reviews

Updated February 19, 2017

Pros
Cons
  • Also the overtime is terrible for anyway who wants a work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• You're a glorified call center representative and even though it is an inbound (in 25 reviews)

1. "Sales Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of autonomy, diverse set of responsibilities, 4 weeks vaca, company stock match, 8 hours volunteer time, and very cool people to work with. T. Rowe takes care of employees when they need to be out (i.e. medical leave)

Cons

HR policies and procedures lead to a lot of red tape in the corrective action process, Total comp is solid due to great benes, but base salary is on the low side of average provided the variable structure. There are lots of long term career options but breaking into higher level positions takes a very very long time

Advice to Management

more hiring from within needed

2. "Series 6"

Pros

Nice people and good work environment

Cons

You only have 2 weeks to study for the Series 6 exam and it is not an easy test. If you don't pass you get fired on the spot!

3. "Ehh"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly
    Former Intern - Intern - Hourly

I worked at T. Rowe Price as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Did an internship at a call center and gained quite a bit of work experience that has helped me

Cons

Management and environment want you to "question", but really don't. Some had over inflated sense of self-worth. But I did enjoy and learn a lot

Advice to Management

Be open to new ideas

5. "Intern Perspective"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at T. Rowe Price as an intern

Pros

Very professional workplace; people are good at what they do. I was exposed to so many different aspects of enterprise security and it was an invaluable exposure to what working in the business is like.

Cons

Like many internships, work could get slow sometimes, and I didn't have much to do. But that was the exception, not the norm. Also, the environment was not particularly social; sometimes I would go a day or two without any face-to-face interaction.

6. "RDS Senior Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive leadership and many opportunities to advancement

Cons

Compensation structure is lower than competitors and not much flexibility in schedule

7. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, MD

I worked at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Customer focused and employee focused

Cons

Slow to move, very conservative

8. "Manager"

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart, ethical, caring people who work hard for the common benefit of clients.

Cons

Slow to make decisions, somewhat bureacratic, and old-school.

"Solid company to work for, room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I know this is probably everywhere, but I have had both the best and worst managers of my entire life here. One discovered helped me develop my strengths and become really the best version of myself. Overall, the company has a strong focus on coaching and development and if depends on who you get as to how that plays out. T. Rowe Price can be a wonderful place to start a career in the financial industry and there is a good management/leadership track.

The company has a rich benefits package. From a top notch 401(k) to unbeatable insurance to overall generous vacation and a great ESPP.

Cons

I think too often the coaching and development focus is on strengths rather than weaknesses, but it does depend on your manager.

Ironically, while T. Rowe is known for their investment approach based firmly on their fundamentals, I sometimes feel they miss that to work for them. It's been frustrating to see employees overworked because technology is not properly invested in and manual solutions are instead bandaided creating substantial risk.

Salaries are generally disappointing and being located in Colorado Springs, the company seems generally content to lose top talent to other firms and to frustrate their employees with perpetually underpaying the market.

Advice to Management

Invest in the long-term technologies and more quickly. Don't be cavalier about great employees leaving. Yes, everyone can get better at their weaknesses, but make sure that you maximize you your people's best talents - that's what you're paying for. Also, it is embarrassing the number of women we have in top management - please fix the good ol' boy's club.

10. "Great Workplace!"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work and opportunity for growth. Great with training and development as well as education on the organization.

Cons

Need for mentoring program and create a networking atmosphere for associates of all levels. It would be good for higher management to connect and provide insight on growth opportunities within the company.

Advice to Management

Work towards connecting with all levels of management. Lower management have great ideas that can contribute to company growth. Reduce higher management bonuses and increase bonuses for lower management.

11. "Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at T. Rowe Price full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great non-monetary benefits, easy company mobility, excellent work-life balance, and really nice people. overall, a really solid company to work for.

Cons

in order to move past a certain level, you definitely need a solid education background or significant professional experience. hard to break through into the trading environment, similar to many competitors

Advice to Management

take smaller bonuses and reward employees at the bottom making less than 50k a year. no reason someone should be making $10 million a year when others at the same company are just trying to stay afloat